• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Is it bad that Elijah has been grabbing my attention on Running Man even though Sunmi is there?

Seung-un is gorgeous too but she looks a lot like Sun-bin and LSB is bae so eh lol.

Lastly, I'm sorta glad MBC is on a strike as I've been watching Running Man instead of IC and RM is actually really good now.

Pendulum

YoungFilthyArizonaalligatorlizard-max-14mb.gif

PInk Tape

Banned
[M/V] SVT LEADERS - 'CHANGE UP'

It's fine but I wish that the sample wasn't used as much as it is. During the chorus is fine but like I wish something else substituted it through the parts that aren't the chorus so that the sample would be a surprise element or something. And when they repeat the chorus it would still contain the sample but used in a different way every time. I'm not sure if it would work but it sounds like a cool idea lol.

LAY 레이_I NEED U (需要你)_Music Video

I like that he's continuing with the R&B sound for this song (and maybe the rest of his new album?). The dance break in this song tho.. It's my favorite part.

JohnCYQ

That's putting it lightly. For people who may not have clicked the links - it was recently revealed that the daughter of the song's original singer, and to whom the song copyright was given after the singer passed away, has been dead for 10 years. Claims have been made that the mother kept the death a secret in order to keep the income. This is the same woman against whom a previous claim has been made (and a film made about) that she killed her husband (the original singer).

Yea, its a pretty heavy situation.

Here's the live performance of the song from her fanmeet:
https://soundcloud.com/user-338442143/170924a

IU talking about the situation:
[Eng Sub][SG♥IU/IUTSC] 170924 아이유 IU 9th Anniv Fanmeeting - Flower Bookmark 2 Deleted Track #2

Loci

Girl Front is p.good.
DIfferent kind of style probably everyone was expecting so the first listen was kinda meh, but song is actually quite nice.
Loona visuals are pretty much ridiculous at this point.

/deadest

^ Will look at mega post once I’m at home lol.

For now, I just have to say IU’s cover of Sleepless Rainy Night is fucking fantastic. I just wish she went to that “doot doo doo doot doo doo” part after the climax instead of subverting the end with some jazzy lick.

PInk Tape

Banned
[STATION] U-KNOW 유노윤호_DROP_Music Video

This song is very.. Wow. It's 5 minutes long and I didn't feel like it was overstaying its welcome or that it was a slog to get through. There was enough interesting and different content throughout to keep me interested in the song; whoever produced this did an amazing job. It has a very dramatic, tense but also sexy feeling to it. It's reminiscent of what's been popular in K-Pop, sound and aesthetic wise, these past couple years but it's different enough to stand out from the things it takes ideas from.

llehuty

This song is very.. Wow. It's 5 minutes long and I didn't feel like it was overstaying its welcome or that it was a slog to get through. There was enough interesting and different content throughout to keep me interested in the song; whoever produced this did an amazing job. It has a very dramatic, tense but also sexy feeling to it. It's reminiscent of what's been popular in K-Pop, sound and aesthetic wise, these past couple years but it's different enough to stand out from the things it takes ideas from.
That's a really good way of making a comeback, high drama and attitude. I don't know if I like the song yet, but I'm, at the very least, impressed.

The way SM keeps pushing the envolope, and this time with one of their most important artists. Kind of hyped for the proper TVXQ comeback to knock it out of the park.

llehuty

Stray Kids "Hellevator" Teaser Video
These are the kids that will be in JYP's "Male sixteen" show, but (from the comments) they are all going to debut, so I'm wondering, what's the point of this show? To see who gets into "male Twice" and who gets the Somi treatment?. In any case, they look to be going with a BTS-lite angle and I can only just yawn at the thought of it...

[ENG SUB] A Message for 7 DREAMERS and Global Fans
JiU and Gahyeon speaking in English *.*
I need them to announce the dates and cities of their European tour ASAP.

Edit: And JiU and Yoohyeon speaking french

Haseul, Heejin & Hyunjin are confirm to be the members of LOONA who will participate on Mix Nine

Also, new The Unit additions - Sonamoo's Euijin, A-JAX's Seungjin + Junghee, Miss $'s Kang Min Hee. San E a mentor.
More Haseul is always a good thing. Also, what is the body member count on The Unit already?

yes! i remember wishing ppl would cover more of these songs. dug back to find the post =)
Well damn! That's some A+ clairvoyance.

llehuty

What's Mix Nine?
YG audition survival show, with 400 trainees fighting for a spot in one of the 9 member units (one with girls and one with boys).

It does sound like The Unit, but without the requirement of the members needing to be "failed idols".

I find it stupid that they will have both shows on air at the same time.

llehuty

Looks like the unit got way less insane: there will be "only" 100 male and 100 female idols, which will become 63 of each after the first auditions.

Looks like the unit got way less insane: there will be "only" 100 male and 100 female idols, which will become 63 of each after the first auditions.

It's kinda weird how there have been articles that mentioned idols that would appear on the show, but I haven't seen any these idol actually mention the show on their social media (or at least non of the ones I follow that have been 'confirmed').

That's pretty cool. Not sure if I'm really into the song, but I love the whole fantasy.
Junsu's (the ex TVXQ member that left SM) solo stuff has also been super dramatic. I'm into it.

[ENG SUB] A Message for 7 DREAMERS and Global Fans
JiU and Gahyeon speaking in English *.*
I need them to announce the dates and cities of their European tour ASAP.

Edit: And JiU and Yoohyeon speaking french.

I guess that kinda confirms they'll go to France. I'm really anticipating the EU dates and countries too. Plz don't announce them just a month ahead of time. ):

llehuty

It's kinda weird how there have been articles that mentioned idols that would appear on the show, but I haven't seen any these idol actually mention the show on their social media (or at least non of the ones I follow that have been 'confirmed').
Maybe is part of the contract, so KBS controls the information, there were some SNS shenanigans with Broduce 101.

There is also the fact that, hyping that you are on a show of failed idols, and with a high chance of being eliminated on the first week, is not a good look.

Maybe is part of the contract, so KBS controls the information, there were some SNS shenanigans with Broduce 101.

There is also the fact that, hyping that you are on a show of failed idols, and with a high chance of being eliminated on the first week, is not a good look.

True, probably a combination of the two.

Also relevant: Woohee did a shoot.

DKnK5dDVAAA4sQ3.jpg

DKnK6EUVwAAL0Gk.jpg

DKnK6rnUMAARQ0H.jpg

DKnKyBZUEAAjqkb.jpg

Ryan_MSF

Made up for Sunmi getting her triple crown at Inkigayo, Gashina might well be my song of the year. That, as well as her appearance on Weekly Idol with Chungha completely won me over, kind of sort of maybe a little bit in love with her haha.

Also, little late to the party, but LOVE the new IU, she does it yet again. <3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Loona visuals are quite nice, their songs as well. Are the songs made by Korean producers? It's such a fresh sound for kpop that it sounds out-of-region. The one blonde girl kinda looks loke Alice, but I like the brunette.

Their completely unrestrained Masonic concept continues to be hilarious. The straight up occult/folksy witchcraft thing Dreamcatcher was onto wasn't as elegant for creative in application (was pretty much an aesthetic more than an application of concept as Loona is doing). Kim Lip's choreo seems influenced by BoA in an adorable emulating-your-hero way.

dang! what a megapost =)
yes! i remember wishing ppl would cover more of these songs. dug back to find the post =)

i really like the intro too
David is IU confirmed.

Pendulum

Loona visuals are quite nice, their songs as well. Are the songs made by Korean producers? It's such a fresh sound for kpop that it sounds out-of-region.

You'd be correct. For the previous 4 singles (Kim Lip / Jinsoul / Choerry / Odd Eye), they have been composed and arranged by Scandinavians (e.g. Ollipop, Daniel Klein, Karl Oskar-Julius & Gummesson) and non-Scandi work partners (e.g. Hayley Aitken, Charli Taft, Kanata Okajima). Non-singles are a mixture of Koreans/non-Koreans (interesting to point out, Secret's Jieun worked on Kim Lip's "Twilight")

The songs for the other LOONA members that have been released, and which have a different sound/concept, were produced by Koreans.

LOONA's production looks so high end.
Well damn! That's some A+ clairvoyance.
David is IU confirmed.
I'm no llehutydamus =P
i hope IU does Secret Garden live or a video.

if you're curious, check out Lee Sang Eun's performance the year the song released in '03. very laid back, indie vibe and care free about appearance.
Performing a mix of her songs and from the 03 album "Mysterian" on Yoon Do Hyun's "Love Letter" Show
Tracklist:
Sometime (0:15) 1993
Secret Garden (7:47) 2003 edit: another performance same year w/ nicer hair (she's cuter here)
SuperSonic (12:00) 2003
Damdadi (14:24) 1988
In New York (16:38) 1992

PInk Tape

Banned
My Chungha signed album from MWave finally shipped ^^

You'd be correct. For the previous 4 singles (Kim Lip / Jinsoul / Choerry / Odd Eye), they have been composed and arranged by Scandinavians (e.g. Ollipop, Daniel Klein, Karl Oskar-Julius & Gummesson) and non-Scandi work partners (e.g. Hayley Aitken, Charli Taft, Kanata Okajima). Non-singles are a mixture of Koreans/non-Koreans (interesting to point out, Secret's Jieun worked on Kim Lip's "Twilight")

The songs for the other LOONA members that have been released, and which have a different sound/concept, were produced by Koreans.

That's pretty interesting. They'll probably continue to do that for the next girl's solo.

I don't see why they would change it now tbh.

My Chungha signed album from MWave finally shipped ^^

Mine too.

Jfc that took a looooong ass time. Bought it literally the first day it went up on MWave in June, it’s about to be October lmao.

Speaking of signed CD’s... should I buy the latest Dreamcatcher with JiU or Gahyeon’s photocard?

I can’t decide. >___<

PInk Tape

Banned
Mine too.

Jfc that took a looooong ass time. Bought it literally the first day it went up on MWave in June, it’s about to be October lmao.

Speaking of signed CD’s... should I buy the latest Dreamcatcher with JiU or Gahyeon’s photocard?

I can’t decide. >___<

Totally. It's the first signed CD I bought from them too ^^;

Is Gahyeon holding a bunny in the photocard? If she is, I'd totally get that one. It's cute >__<

Totally. It's the first signed CD I bought from them too ^^;

Is Gahyeon holding a bunny in the photocard? If she is, I'd totally get that one. It's cute >__<

First one I bought was the signed Wonder Girls Reboot album. Probably gonna buy some kind of protector coz I know it’s gonna be legendary in the future lol.

And nah, she’s looking off into the distance. JiU’s doing the same so I can’t really decide lol. Now if it was a Yoohyeon photocard, this discussion might not be taking place at all haha.

Awwww shit son!

It’s not what I wanted(an all English album from Tablo) but I’ll definitely take it.

Dia having a comeback again.

2017092801002388400173731_20170927133543608.jpg

I hope they can catch their dream of having a hit this time if you know what I mean.
But in all seriousness, theyll promote with 7 members while Yebin and Somyi are on The Unit.

I have no clue who DIA are other than Chaeyeon coz everytime I see her, she's always sad coz her manager is taking food away from her. :(

Can't Stop is a legit bop tho.

#FeedChaeyeon
#JustDon'tFeedHerAIDs

Speaking of shitty situations... it's a shame what's happening to Royal Pirates and I feel bad for James, can't believe his arm got amputated and the restaurant doesn't give a single fuck about it.
Maybe the owners need to learn a lesson??

Where U At is such a fantastic bop, it's worthy to be on my Top 10 of 2017 IMO and the fact that we aren't getting anymore is just damn sad.

Will check out BB4 later or as soon as it hits iTunes.

Also, Ladies Code is performing on Ashley’s radio show and good grief... Zuny with long hair gorgeous.

Top Bottom