• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Still sad that Seoulhyun wouldn't take a picture with me :(

Not surprised... Heechul was probably watching.

#HeechulXSeolhyunOTP

EDIT: Been listening to K-Poppin’ on Arirang Radio at work and Junoflo is on... his story about picking up Tiger JK from LAX is amazing haha.

Lmao he wants to throw Dok2 in the woods and do a photoshoot... that’s a great idea too. I don’t think I’ve seen Dok2 outside of an urban area.

Pendulum

Ha:tfelt "MEiNE" teasers
LoU8Dih.png
TsbeZSc.png
59YymtH.png
dFh6iLO.png
KsNlBMt.png

Pendulum

N4bJtV5.png

llehuty x Jiwoo is a thing. Ship away.

How did Somin hurt you?

---

edit:
In less important news, anyone checking or has any update on Idol School, just saw a clip uploaded to youtube with, I believe, an original song... so I guess it must be close to the final rounds
I haven't been following, but I looked it up - it was the final round.
Final group name is "fromis_" and the members are:
I watched the final performances and thought this one was the best. However, no one from the group is in the debut group - including Haein (Produce 101) and Natty (Sixteen), who I thought would have been reasonably popular.
Speaking of Haein, that group with Minju and Soohyun has yet to debut. The agency responded to disbandment rumors back in July by saying some plans fell through, but I'm not quick to believe we'll see them as a group.

llehuty

How did Somin hurt you?.
Nah, I was placed next to Jiwoo in the group picture and she did that cute gesture. (Somin still the bestest)

Also, RIP Haein.

Another super long promotion cycle, though I'm loving the sound of this so far. Plus, anything with Sana & Momo is enough to get me hyped for a release!
It's quite standard for Japanese promo to be goofing around for a month, and once the song releases, is over.

llehuty

Uhhhh isn't that show gonna lead to a permanent group????
My Dreamcatcher girls?????
I think the deal is that once there is a final group, the companies will decide about the longevity of the group. If they ever do a "permanent group", I would say we would have an IOI situation, with some of the girls taking breaks to be in their groups. There is no way any company will give away their idols that will probably have crazy popularity at that point.

Damn, girls from playback? Remember when they were going to have a comeback?

Also, aren't music shows going to be barren these next couple of months? It's time for one of the groups that hasn't sent members there to shine (Oh My Girl?)

No No Eul

Trailer for Kang Duk Soon’s Love History aka So Hye's daesang-winning drama.

I might actually have to watch this, at least for an episode or two.

ZENA "TIME MACHINE(타임머신)" M/V
I wonder if a female rock band will eventually blow up. This is a bit on the generic side, but it sounds good.

Pretty LTTP but I like that a lot.

I watched the final performances and thought this one was the best. However, no one from the group is in the debut group - including Haein (Produce 101) and Natty (Sixteen), who I thought would have been reasonably popular.

Poor Haein. She was in the top nine for more or less the entire show.

MIXNINE trailer
Some familiar faces there - including Dreamcatcher, Ladies' Code Ashley, and HUB Rui, all of which I don't think we knew about yet. And offuckingcourse Chanmi

I see Rui also has a Makestar solo project on the go.

Yoona said:

Kang Min Kyung said:

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I’m excited to listen to new IU but this Romanised Hangul is awful. I think I’ve seen every possible combination of trying to deal with Hangul on Apple Music now.

Now excuse me while nanun ga dudda to Eojetbam Iyagi on igot joa achim

I’m excited to listen to new IU but this Romanised Hangul is awful. I think I’ve seen every possible combination of trying to deal with Hangul on Apple Music now.

Gotta agree.

The inconsistency is really fucking annoying.

Dreamcatcher for example... their Prequel EP's artist name is in English but in Nightmare and Fall asleep in the mirror their artist name is in Hangul with a parenthesis next to it that has it in English.

Bolbbalgan4 is also inconsistent as hell, if you look for their Hangul spelling, you get Red Planet all in Hangul, but if you look for Bolppalgan Puberty, you get an all English translation of it. Meanwhile their latest EP, Red, is only listed on Bolbbalgan4... and you can't find it on their Hangul or Bolppalgan Puberty page.

It's maddening imo and I only put up with it coz Apple Music is tons faster than Spotify on getting new releases, not to mention AM has a bigger library.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Gashina is about a guy leaving the girl behind...

Yeeun's song is called "I Wander"

thinking-face.png

Yubin dropping a JYP diss track confirmed!

PInk Tape

Banned

Now excuse me while nanun ga dudda to Eojetbam Iyagi on igot joa achim

It's the worst. Just give me regular Hangul with the English names in parenthesis like I'm used to.

Reading that makes my eyes hurt >.>

llehuty

Apparently the auditions of The Unit have already happened, so watch out for spoilers of the results.

Some of the no spoiler info:
  • Sunmi is not one of the mentors.
  • Looks like Bestie's Hyeyeon wasn't there.
  • The girls from Wings ended their contracts with Sony in July and are there as free agents. (Don't see them fitting with the concept of the show, since I guess there will be a strong focus on the dancing)
  • Some of the girls of Good Day are there, when they only debuted a month ago??
  • There is also one male SM Rookie idol which... I don't even know how they are going to try to spin it as a failed idol or give him a sob story. I guess they will frame it as half a villain, Somi style.

And also had a look at the Mixnine fanmade list form that teaser, and Eyedi is one of the contestants. I honestly never thought of Eyedi as part of a girl group before, but now I want it to happen.

Top Bottom