• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adrian C. (Former People Can Fly) Claims His Dev Friends Claim 50% XB1/PS4 Speed Diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So he is already doing damage control, that didn't take long.

"come on guys, everyone knew that already! Right guys ? ... right ?..."

What damage control? He is right. We had threads about this very information almost every day for the last three months.

tensuke

I'm trying to figure out of this is sarcasm....
Yes. :p

It really doesn't matter in the end...PS4 multiplats may look better depending on the game if the dev decides to go that route, maybe they'll just push out the same game. Exclusives will probably look better. But it's still about the games...Get the console you want that has the features you want. That's how it's always been, maybe the PS4's hardware will mean the games will be better, if so then get that, if you love the TV/NFL/etc. stuff the Xbone is awesome in that regard. Truthfully I don't think it needs to be such a derisive thing. But, I have to say it's annoying when Albert and Larry speak so factually about the difference being negligible or nonexistant, or even in Xbone's favor when nothing we've seen from MS other than PR words say otherwise. If they have something to show that, great, but don't just say it when all the facts we have contradict that...It makes MS's word mean even less than it does now, which isn't so good already. They really need to put more focus into consumer relations.

derFeef

Are people confusing MJR Nelson with Albert Penello? What's going on here. Also Albert did not lie, he even admitted there is a power difference.

velociraptor

So basically nothin new *yawns*
It isn't damage control though.

1.84TF vs 1.31TF

There have been thousands of post discussing the GPU advantage of the PS4 on this very forum :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
DICE admitted this? Even after the partnership established between EA and Microsoft?

HAHA!
DICE doesn't seem to like XBO much and they're making the engine that powers all non sport EA games. Think about the implications of that for a second.

Krakn3Dfx

Performance isn't directly related to game quality - SMG is a good example of that.

Agreed.

Still getting a PS4, but there will be some amazing titles on both platforms over the next 5-6 years regardless of any performance disparities.

I have a Wii U for instance.

LNBL

Update #2:

emeuQYO.png

Adding to OP...

I-immediately-regret-this-decision-anchorman.gif

Dibbz

So basically nothing new *yawns*

Most people knew that the PS4 was more powerful but it's always good to have a developer, or like Metalmurphy pointed out, multiple developers reaffirm everyones suspicions.

Xbox PR is the one doing damage control by putting out vague statements like "The truth will come out eventually". If they were confident in having a much more equal system they would prove it with specs and facts. Not just hur hur we created DirectX therefore we are teh best.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Great now show me the 50% better Games....
crickets.gif

For someone who previously said you had no dog in this fight and couldn't care less of the "war" going on, you sure do a lot of drive-by postings everytime something positive about the PS4 creeps up or something negative of the Xbone comes along.

And it's always something snarky just like this.

velociraptor

Most people knew that the PS4 was more powerful but it's always good to have a developer, or like Metalmurphy pointed out, multiple developers reaffirm everyones suspicions.

Xbox PR is the one doing damage control by putting out vague statements like "The truth will come out eventually". If they were confident in having a much more equal system they would prove it with specs and facts. Not just hur hur we created DirectX therefore we are teh best.
I wouldn't put too much stock in what Major Nelson has to say as he has proven to be wrong on several occasions when it comes to console specs.

Albert himself did concede that the PS4 was more powerful but “the performance delta between the two platforms is not as great as the raw numbers lead the average consumer to believe.”

crozier

But Major Nelson said.....

:(
The fact that Major Nelson danced around the issue told me all I needed to know. If MS could make an honest claim that X1 was more powerful--either on paper or in practice--they would have done so. They KNOW there's a difference, the only question is how big this difference is going to be for multi-plats.

timlot

Banned
Performance isn't directly related to game quality - SMG is a good example of that.

Well aint that a shame. Wish I was a developer so I can get all jizzed up about this, but I actually play games so until I see the difference it hard for ME to get excited.

Hazelhurst

But I've seen Titanfall...
I know you're joking, but honestly, Titanfall is nothing amazing graphically. However, its gameplay looks off the chain for a shooter. It may not look the best, but I think it's going to be pure gameplay bliss. Respawn will make CoD obsolete next gen with this title. I think that was their goal. I can't wait for the eventual PS4 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom