• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX (PS4)

Link.

Platform: PlayStation 4

Rating Category: E10+

Content Descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Use of Alcohol

Rating Summary: This is a compilation of action role-playing games, based on the Kingdom Hearts franchise, in which players assume the roles of young warriors trying to stop a destructive power. Players use key-shaped swords, magic spells, and attack cards to defeat classic Disney villains (e.g., Jafar, Ursula, Hades) and fantasy creatures (e.g., dragons, magical armor, shadow imps) in melee-style combat. Battles are accompanied by cries of pain and bursts of light; enemies generally disappear amid colorful orbs when defeated. Some sequences allow players to shoot projectiles from a first-person perspective; a handful of cutscenes depict characters dramatically dissolving into mist after being struck by magical swords or blasts of energy. One sequence depicts red bloodstains on coins.

3qsbc.jpg

No funny descriptions this time. :(

Mediking

"a handful of cutscenes depict characters dramatically dissolving into mist after being struck by magical swords or blasts of energy. One sequence depicts red bloodstains on coins."

LOL. I love this series.

SoulUnison

Banned
The ridiculous vaguely computer/music themed subtitles are part of the charm.

Kingdom Hearts is Square at its Squariest.

raven777

The ridiculous vaguely computer/music themed subtitles are part of the charm.

Kingdom Hearts is Square at its Squariest.

I like the subtitle names for Kingdom Hearts games except the decimals they use for the collections. I like (Re:)Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, fragmentary passage... even 358/2 days!

LewieP

I look forward to the day they sell me a single collection with everything included and I might give this series a try. Seems bonkers to me that even this isn't a complete collection, but I know they'll do one eventually.

Not Drake

I'm so excited to finally try this series. Variety of platforms KH games appeared on was always offputting so having all games on a single console is perfect.

DKHF

Yo, this thing is out in two months, where's the box art
Nomura said recently he won't be doing new art for it so I would expect soon after 2.8 comes out the boxart will be posted and it'll just be 1.5 and 2.5's side by side.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I can't wait to play KH2FM in 60fps +_+

Generally speaking, this collection is worth more than 50 bucks honestly.

Your getting more than 100 hours of content here easily. I spend around 50 to 60 hours just maxing out to LVL99 and doing everything in KH1 alone

Ydelnae

I really hope they figured a way to import your save files from the PS3 versions or else I will just skip this.

Really looking forward to this. Last time I played KH 1 and 2 was on the PS2, and I forgot almost everything about. Never played Chains of Memories and only a bit of BBS. I'll just watch a playthrough of 2.8, and then I'll be all ready for Kingdom Hearts 3.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Any differences between this and the PS3 versions I already own?

Rob2K19

Copy and paste the descriptions of 1.5 and 2.5. Easy job. Would be awesome if the panties returned to their original owners.

Wouldn't be a KH thread without someone bitching about the name

This. Glad no one has asked (yet) "what is this series about?", "what consoles do I need to own?", "what order should I play?" then when they get that answer the only response is "I'm confused." before the shit storm begins.

Trophy changes? First I'm hearing about that.

—We are also looking forward to the March release of KH1.5+2.5 for PS4. Will there be any changes from the PS3 versions?

Nomura: On the PS4, the playable section will be 60fps. As you can see in the version of KH3D included in KH2.8, moving is glassy-smooth in 60fps, which changes the sensation considerably.

—What about trophies?

Nomura: There will be changes. We are currently tweaking the hurdles to be a little lower. That's not to say that the games will be exactly the same aside from trophies; we're making fine changes.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/SPOILER-FREE-Famitsu-Interview-with-Nomura-on-Kingdom-Hearts-2-8-8179

Honestly, I think that's actually worse at getting across what's included in the collection than the name it already has.

That's literally impossible. Only the absolute diehard KH fans (or people who deeply follow games coverage) have ANY idea what is in these collections. If they just combined this with Kingdom Hearts 2.8 then they could've just released this as Kingdom Hearts HD Collection and then list all the games featured in the collection in the back of the box.

So this thing is dropping in 2 months. But I still don't know much about it.

Since Nomura isn't drawing what will be the boxart?

Is it both games on 1 disc, 1 release but 2 discs, or 2 separate release like the PS3?

Do trophy's carry over from the PS3 version?

So this thing is dropping in 2 months. But I still don't know much about it.

Since Nomura isn't drawing what will be the boxart?

Is it both games on 1 disc, 1 release but 2 discs, or 2 separate release like the PS3?

Do trophy's carry over from the PS3 version?

No confirmation on what will be the box art. Could be the two previous artworks next to each other, could be the logo on an argyle background.

All 4 games and two HD cinematics will be on one disc.

They're tweaking trophies so they won't carry over.

BigEmil

KH 2.5 loading on PS3 in every transition was really annoying compared to PS2 bit longer and more. Hopefully this is better on PS4.

It likely will just like FFX HD on PS4 was faster and less than the PS3 FFX HD

raven777

KH 2.5 loading on PS3 in every transition was really annoying compared to PS2 bit longer and more. Hopefully this is better on PS4.

It likely will just like FFX HD on PS4 was faster and less than the PS3 FFX HD

seems the DDD port on 2.8 is perfect so hopefully 1.5+2.5 will be like that as well.

Top Bottom