• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX (PS4)

BigEmil

PS3 versions of these KH Remixes had some bugs too especially KH2 so maybe it will be less on PS4 who knows on top of better loadings and higher frames

So what games are in this collection?

Is it just Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 or even more games?

It comes with 6 titles.

Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (movie)

No confirmation on what will be the box art. Could be the two previous artworks next to each other, could be the logo on an argyle background.

All 4 games and two HD cinematics will be on one disc.

They're tweaking trophies so they won't carry over.
So I CAN PLATINUM KH2 again?!?

Praise be to Nomura!

Lnds500

So what games are in this collection?

Is it just Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 or even more games?

I seriously don't get why people take the time to post and wait for someone to answer such basic questions while they could get their answers within seconds from google.

Tsunamo

Still can't believe we'll have the whole series on one console.
It comes with 6 titles.

Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (movie)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (movie)
It's amazing value at budget pricing. The collections on PS3 were already a steal, all of these in one are such amazing value.

JackelZXA

depending on what the case ends up being i might keep my old awesome book-box from the ps3 1.5 and just swap out the discs. (2.5 had a regular case so i was less into "get it now")

Tsunamo

They're tweaking trophies so they won't carry over.
I know they'll change the KH1 and Re:CoM difficulty trophys so they're stackable, but unless they change them completely isn't it possible they could carryover?

I'll admit it isn't that likely, but it still could be possible if they don't alter the trophy lists.

Lnds500

Ah awesome to hear!
Hoping they get rid of the speed run trophy in KH1, and basically any trophy requiring another playthrough. Should be games you take your time with, not a fan of speed run trophies.

"finish CoM 6 times..." I'd want the birth by sleep journal trophies to be removed to be honest (that ice cream mini game is the reason I don't have the platinum) but I don't see that happening.

Tsunamo

Honestly the difficulty trophys are fine aslong as they make them stackable so playing on higher difficultys gets you the lower difficulty ones. They did that in 2.5 so i'm assuming they'll do that for the 1 and Re:CoM trophys on this release.

I've played through KH 1 and 2, Chain of memories, 1.5 on ps3, and half of DDD. All as gifts or loans. Even was lent a ps2 as I never owned one.

That being said im glad I have held off on purchasing games from the series till 1.5+2.5, then soon after 2.8 hopefully on a sale.

I look forward to the day they sell me a single collection with everything included and I might give this series a try. Seems bonkers to me that even this isn't a complete collection, but I know they'll do one eventually.

If you just get this collection and 2.8 for the PS4, you'll have everything.

Fj0823

Is this remaster going to fix the weird delay when using drives and D-Links?

Also the audio glitches in KH1

Kssio_Aug

That's almost on top of my wish list!
Have not played any KH other than the PS2 titles (1, 2 and CoM). It may be very worth it for me since I'm looking forward to KH3! :)

TheFatMan

I'm sorry but the way these games get named have hurt there sales.

I've long thought about trying out Kingdom Hearts, but trying to figure out which game I should play requires a google search and some serious reading. The naming schemes is ridiculous and anyone standing in a Gamestop looking at the shelves is going to have no idea what the hell the game is selling. Is this the first game? Is this the 4rth game? Is it a remake or a remaster? Does it have bonus content?

Stupid and unnecessary to say the least.

I'm sorry but the way these games get named have hurt there sales.

I've long thought about trying out Kingdom Hearts, but trying to figure out which game I should play requires a google search and some serious reading. The naming schemes is ridiculous and anyone standing in a Gamestop looking at the shelves is going to have no idea what the hell the game is selling. Is this the first game? Is this the 4rth game? Is it a remake or a remaster? Does it have bonus content?

Stupid and unnecessary to say the least.

Play this collection then play 2.8. That's it.

I promised myself I would get this and jump in to the Kingdom Hearts series once and for all.

I did a year ago, absolutely worth it. KH1 was good but CoM was broken on a fundamental level. However, KH2 cemented my liking of the franchise and now Im quite excited to begin BBS.

Catvoca

Banned
Still can't believe we'll have the whole series on one console.It's amazing value at budget pricing. The collections on PS3 were already a steal, all of these in one are such amazing value.

I didn't realise this wasn't full price, that's pretty awesome. Kinda insane that they're charging 60 bucks for 2.8 when this will be 50.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I did a year ago, absolutely worth it. KH1 was good but CoM was broken on a fundamental level. However, KH2 cemented my liking of the franchise and now Im quite excited to begin BBS.

THIS. If anybody is new to the series, I recommend buying this and playing all except CoM. Waste of time.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is this remaster going to fix the weird delay when using drives and D-Links?

Also the audio glitches in KH1

The top two are most likely fixed because they were BR reading issues, whereas PS4 will read from HDD.

Actual game glitch fixes hopefully, we don't know yet.

THIS. If anybody is new to the series, I recommend buying this and playing all except CoM. Waste of time.

4TACjYk.gif

Boo this man. COM is fundamental to understanding the lore, and the gameplay is really indepth and makes you think as well.

Most people are just turned off because they cant mash X like the other games

Tsunamo

I didn't realise this wasn't full price, that's pretty awesome. Kinda insane that they're charging 60 bucks for 2.8 when this will be 50.
Yeah 2.8's value seems really low in comparison. Wouldn't suprise me if it drops down in price fairly quickly.

This really should have come out now instead of a few days before Persona 5.
Especially since I have no interest in 2.8 besides the prologue.

Top Bottom