• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline delayed to early 2015 (January - March), Visceral explains why

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
lol.. I bet they are just pretending to "care". Game will be broken as always, they just want you to buy another EA product

Nokterian

Would you consider Bad Company 2: Vietnam to be a mod? A couple new vehicles, new weapons, new player skins, 4 new maps. Otherwise, no new game modes, almost exact same HUD, etc.

That was 1 expansion and Hardline would fit in there also for BF4 because it felt as a weaker version of BF4 with some tweaks.

Figured this would be the case, Hardline was just far too similar to Battlefield 4, and to boot the public perception wasn't the greatest. Hopefully this means we'll get a proper cops and robbers game that doesn't involve exploding buildings all for some measly million dollar sum of cash.

And well this yeah, i mean people where willing to pay 60 euro's for it pretty crazy when you think of it.

Ajax35

Banned
This game was going to get absolutely crushed in sales if it released during the holiday season. Good business decision to delay it.

Åesop;122336860 said:
lol.. I bet they are just pretending to "care". Game will be broken as always, they just want you to buy another EA product

Visceral's games have always been technically competent. DICE they are not.

FStop7

Banned
Wow.

The entire point of this game was a holiday cash grab because EA had nothing else to throw up against CoD this fall.

At this point, why even release it?

Wow.

The entire point of this game was a holiday cash grab because EA had nothing else to throw up against CoD this fall.

No idea, and if it was pre-order numbers, I doubt pushing it back will improve them that much with the chunk of games that got pushed to Q1 2015 anyway. Then again I guess not a lot of them are shooters.

Gator86

Wow.

So it can bomb and they can save a few bucks by canning the entire staff at Visceral.

More seriously, they want to recoup dev costs and the game will still sell at least okay because of the Battlefield name.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Battlefield Hardline must be completely broken for it to miss the holiday season. EA can't be happy with Visceral.

I don't think the game is broken, I think its appeal to most of the battlefield fanbase is approximately nil. I'm sure the pre-order numbers reflect this along with people who haven't forgotten the BF4 fiasco.

EA doesn't have a problem with shipping broken games that they know will sell millions anyhow. They probably do have a problem shipping a game that is currently "flop" status.

Visceral will work on adding more stuff to the game and EA will think up a new marketing campaign.

I don't think the game is broken, I think its appeal to most of the battlefield fanbase is approximately nil. I'm sure the pre-order numbers reflect this along with people who haven't forgotten the BF4 fiasco.

pretty much this, i have zero interest in getting a new BF as we're still playing (or trying to play) BF4.

I have pre-ordered and played every Battlefield title since Codename Eagle and Hardline is the first i don't care to play at all. We will see again in february what the game looks like and if im bored with BF4 already.

biteren

pretty much this, i have zero interest in getting a new BF as we're still playing (or trying to play) BF4.

I have pre-ordered and played every Battlefield title since Codename Eagle and Hardline is the first i don't care to play at all. We will see again in february what the game looks like and if im bored with BF4 already.

the problems with BF4 killed it bad for me aswell, i plan to enact "dirt Tactics" and wait to see if theres a BF4 Premium Edition then wait longer for black friday to nab it for 10-15 bucks.

they should have took parts of hardline and turned into Bad Company 3.

This looked too much like Battlefield to me. Something more cops and robbers might have worked, but it looks greedy to push out more Battlefield when a lot of people are questioning the value of BF4 and the Premium content.

Top Bottom