• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Reveleations coming to PS3/360?

vic2020

Neo Member
Revelations was a terrible game. Every single enemy was a grey featureless blob. Enemies had ZERO reactions to gunfire or grenades. No impact reactions, no staggering, no feedback whatsoever which made for unsatisfying shooting.

And each boss encounter was progressively the worst boss fight I had ever seen partly because they also had no feedback reactions nor health bars to where I could know what the hell was going on.

The puzzles and finding where to go next and what key opens what door seemed fine though

Korean video game rating board listed Crysis for Xbox 360 as well, so this looks legit.

most rating board leaks turn out to be legit. the only time I doubt them is if a game is listed for multiple platforms in a submission and there is a platform we don't know about in that. when something like this pops up out of nowhere after the previous versions have been released, I think it's always ended up being right, unless someone has an example I'm not remembering that proves otherwise.

Revelations was a terrible game. Every single enemy was a grey featureless blob. Enemies had ZERO reactions to gunfire or grenades. No impact reactions, no staggering, no feedback whatsoever which made for unsatisfying shooting.

And each boss encounter was progressively the worst boss fight I had ever seen partly because they also had no feedback reactions nor health bars to where I could know what the hell was going on.

The puzzles and finding where to go next and what key opens what door seemed fine though
there is a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole in this post. I bolded all the things you said as if they were absolutes which are not absolutes. some more than others.

Pooya

This is as good as confirmed, not sure why some are doubting this.

edit: Korean board also listed LIMBO for PS3 last year.

cvxfreak

most rating board leaks turn out to be legit. the only time I doubt them is if a game is listed for multiple platforms in a submission and there is a platform we don't know about in that. when something like this pops up out of nowhere after the previous versions have been released, I think it's always ended up being right, unless someone has an example I'm not remembering that proves otherwise.

One glance at their website's homepage shows that they're to be trusted. It's frequently updated, contains all the correct information, and even offers an English version (unlike Japan's CERO).

http://www.grb.or.kr/

The REVELEATIONS typo is pretty hilarious, though, but Asian websites mess English spelling up all the time, and the game has a Korean Hangul rendering anyway.

For what it's worth, I have the Korean version of Revelations in my collection. ;)

One glance at their website's homepage shows that they're to be trusted. It's frequently updated, contains all the correct information, and even offers an English version (unlike Japan's CERO).

The REVELEATIONS typo is pretty hilarious, though, but Asian websites mess English spelling up all the time, and the game has a Korean Hangul rendering anyway.

For what it's worth, I have the Korean version of Revelations in my collection. ;)

For what it's worth, I presume you have every version of every game. I expect that there are gaps in your collection, yes, but I am also confident that such things are rare. Even if this is not true, it will remain my expectation.

I'm happy to get some good RE news today and to feel good about it. RE6 and I are not on talking terms... but it's good to know I can still feel good about the brand.

cvxfreak

For what it's worth, I presume you have every version of every game. I expect that there are gaps in your collection, yes, but I am also confident that such things are rare. Even if this is not true, it will remain my expectation.

I'm happy to get some good RE news today and to feel good about it. RE6 and I are not on talking terms... but it's good to know I can still feel good about the brand.

Hah. I'm waiting for price collapses on various international versions of RE6, so there are gaps. I also need to hunt down Taiwan's version of Revelaitons at some point.

wrowa

This release is some kind of a tragedy, though.

After Operation Raccoon City and Resident Evil 6 many gamers will likely be feeling so burnt of the franchise that Revelations will once again under-deliver. Yay, Capcom.

Game was pretty meh. Story goes nowhere and has little to do with anything else in the franchise creating characters and plot elements that are likely to never get fleshed out with any sequels.

It starts well and feels like old school Re, but sadly the game goes action RE mode eventually.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Then return your 3DS.

Well, I did kinda buy a 3DS for KH3D and RER. KH3D will probably appear on the PS3 in some form (KH2.5) and RER is (obviously) going multiplatform.

Good thing I have Theatrhythm and planning to get Ace Attorney 5.

Alec

Check out my post history. You will see me mention RE Revelations: Unveiled Edition multiple times.

Alec

So are you some kind of prophet or something?

Nah, I just had the inside scoop on this one thing.

But now you all know as much as I do! But if you want to refer to me as the Jesus of NeoGAF, I'll allow it. Or better yet, the Joseph Smith of NeoGAF.

PRAISE BE TO JOSEPH. AMERICAN PROPHET MAN.

You'd think Nintendo would demand that RE games exclusively made for their systems would stay exclusive. How many times has Capcom screwed over Nintendo has been staggering.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Curious to see this superior version(i expect better graphics, better controls, more contents etc obviously) and prepared to discover that this is a good but heavily overrated game.

Ridley327

You'd think Nintendo would demand that RE games exclusively made for their systems would stay exclusive. How many times has Capcom screwed over Nintendo has been staggering.

Well, it's not like the rail shooter games and Revelations are a repeat of what happened with RE4, where that was announced for the PS2 before it came out on the Gamecube. And for what it's worth, REmake and RE0 are still only on Nintendo systems.

Sissel

This isn't being "screwed over". It's not like the two companies agreed the game would be Nintendo exclusive and than Capcom said "sike LOL"

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

Capcpom screws over anyone if it means they can make a quick buck. Besides, unless Nintendo funded the development of RER, how could they demand it staying exclusive?

ArjanN

This isn't being "screwed over". It's not like the two companies agreed the game would be Nintendo exclusive and than Capcom said "sike LOL"

Yeah, I would assume they had some sort of exclusivity window clause in their contract. Hardly anyone being screwed over.

cvxfreak

I don't think Nintendo has any right to complain about Capcom "screwing" the 3DS or Nintendo by porting the game.

They basically ended any chance the Vita had at succeeding in Japan with Monster Hunter 4. Nintendo should be grateful they even got a timed exclusive RE this year.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope this isn't true. I don't want other people to enjoy the game I've been playing on my handheld for months

Love it how three Resident Evil games came out this year, and zero of them were good. Go team! However, Revelations is by far the lesser of the evils.

Ridley327

I don't think Nintendo has any right to complain about Capcom "screwing" the 3DS or Nintendo by porting the game.

They basically ended any chance the Vita had at succeeding in Japan with Monster Hunter 4. Nintendo should be grateful they even got a timed exclusive RE this year.

Truth be told, it's already done everything it could for the 3DS:

-it showed off that it was capable of receiving a game with high quality graphics and production values
-it was a good exclusive for what will likely end up being about a year, if not more, that Nintendo helped to push pretty hard
-it's probably the most high profile M-rated handheld game since GTA:LCS on the PSP in 2005

I don't know what more good it could possibly do by being on just the 3DS.

Platy

Part of me is "aaawww people won't have one more reason to buy the awesomenes that is the 3ds" and the other part is "yay more people will have the oportunity to see the most survival horror resident evil in a long time"

ArjanN

Just noticed that this is the same website that had the leak for the PC version of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon a while ago.

Tose? I don't think Capcom's ever used Tose for an HD remix. They've used Happy Happening for a few RE games, as well as Hexadrive for Okami HD.
Tose did Revelations, I just figured Capcom would go with them again for the HD Version. Like they did Eighting for MH3U or Hexadrive for EX Troopers.

Given the
ship portion of Chris campaign in RE6
, couldn't Capcom just swap in higher fidelity models from RE5 & RE6, update the textures with higher res ones and be done? Add some Gamepad support for a WiiU Version and take my money. Also, Raid Mode > Mercenaries

Arla

Every Resident Evil aside from Zero and REmake have had enhanced-ports. I don't understand why people expected anything different from RE:R. The only exceptions are the weird GameBoy games and the PS2 rail-shooters which obviously aren't in the same vein as mainline games.

The inevitable enhanced-port is why I skipped out on it on my 3DS. I new it would come to consoles, eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if this has new missions and playable characters either.

Glass Rebel

No sign of a PC version makes me sad. It looked way more appealing than 6 to me.

It's also no surprise that this is coming to HD consoles. Seems to be a running theme with Japanese devs at this point: Make high-profile handheld game --> port to console with minor or major improvements. See MGS: Peace Walker and Monster Hunter.

I'm glad that other people to can experience the crushing mediocrity on their HD systems now.

I thought the first 30 minutes or so were pretty awesome, outside of the stupid enemy designs. After that, yeah, I thought the meh started to roll in. By the end of it I didn't even want to play it anymore. I think it had more to do with it turning into more of an action game than I cared for though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ok call me crazy, but if an enhanced port came to the 360 with extra mission etc, capcom should release the port to the 3ds as well, resident evil revelations: directors cut or something.

(i mean if the main add ons were not beyond the 3ds capabilities)

i am thinking more levels, extra sections of stories

maybe more raid levels

a side mission?

i would get this. but it will probably be 360/ps3 only

other than being prettier, I really don't understand how this would benefit from being on an HD console. It was pretty tailored for a handheld experience no?

Like hearing this news doesn't get me excited at all ....now if you told me they were doing a Vita port (^___^)

Part of me is "aaawww people won't have one more reason to buy the awesomenes that is the 3ds" and the other part is "yay more people will have the oportunity to see the most survival horror resident evil in a long time"

I'm not sure i would call this game "survival horror" though. Not in the same sense as the old RE games anyway. What makes a game fit for this genre to me is lack of ammo and a scary atmosphere. None of which this game has in my opinion.

It sure is slower paced than the more recent PS360 offerings, but the fact that you will never run out of ammo takes away so much of the survival part. You can just blast away with your shotgun or whatever because you can be sure there will be an ammo case in the next room.

Another problem is that the game just isn't scary. At all. The enemy placements are very predictable and i can't remember being taken off guard once.

I still had a lot of fun playing through the game though and i think it's the best RE game since RE4. I was just a bit disappointed that the game wasn't what i hoped it would be.

sphinx

the piano man
I wonder if it's DD or retail.

if it goes retail I'll buy a copy, I don't like the 3DS hardware and will surely prefer a normal xbox controller to play that.

JoeFenix

The Chris "action" sections against endless waves of Hunters were the worst thing ever. So fucking bad!

And the stuttering in the elevators, ugh! This game was REALLY questionable, story was absolutely horrendous, much more so than any RE game before it. Those 2 jackasses.... just get me out of here!

Atleast the last boss was cool, the lead up to him was nicely handled and it felt like a classic RE fight with a twist. Other than that, pretty bad game all around honestly.

Top Bottom