• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Santar

I really enjoyed the game, a return to form for the mainline series.
Hope this does well, I've really missed classic style Resident Evil :)

opricnik

Banned
It would be good if we included PC Min/Max specs to OT

Code:
Minimum Specs

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 2.70 GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
DirectX: Version 11
Additional Notes: 1080P CPU/GPU at 30FPS. Players will have to either lower texture or set streaming textures to OFF in order to optimize performance. Internet connection required for game activation. The game is still undergoing development, so all PC requirements are subject to change.
Recommended Specs

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz or AMD or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X or better
Additional Notes: 1080P CPU/GPU at 60FPS
Filed under: Resident Evil 7: biohazard PC
Did you enjoy this article?

UPVOTE
Leave Blank

Bl@de

I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!

spongebob-squarepants-say-it-with-gif-7.gif

I hope they didn't fuck up the VR support

I only played the intro in VR, up to the scene depicted in the OT banner, and this is purely subjective.

I thought the "in your face" and jump scares moments are better in VR, because, well, you're IN the game.
You can also see some things that you're normally not seeing while playing on a TV. Tiny example, you can see around you on the title screen.

But otherwise I think I preferred the segment in 2D because I could, in general, see more of the scene (couldn't see some animations happening too close to me or what's not centered in my field of vision).
You also have a few fade to blacks to transition between fast moving scenes, and some parts are just a big screen in front of you (the scene leading to the OT banner is such for example)

takoyaki

RE7 will be pretty polarizing for RE fans, can’t wait to read what critics think of it.

I’m also interested in finding out how much Capcom had to cut from the Japanese Grotesque Version (which should be identical to the international version) to get the D rating for the Standard Edition of RE7.

Jinaar

Weirdly enough, I had nightmares about RE7 last night and I've never played the demos before, just read up on it and watched some on twitch months back. I should play this :)

*never sleeps again*

The first E3 announcement that ever made me tear up from excitement.
Immediately followed by Insomniac's Spider-Man.
The demo was fantastic, especially in VR, so I can't wait to hop in whenever I manage to get the finances in order.

I've managed to avoid spoilers and whatnot so far but has the consensus been positive? I know there have been a heap of early copies out in the wild so I'm keen to see impressions.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Just had the text message to say it's been delivered a day early (UK/ShopTo)

One the first day in months I've been asked to work overtime!!

It's like they knew!

Good OT Yama. Was confused about cvxfreak being MIA until the end there.

Just received my pickup notice for tomorrow at Best Buy. This will be much needed as my time with Revelations currently is not feeling well spent.

bleaker

Beautiful OT, and the title is classy. Very classy. Can't pick the game up on launch due to being a poor college student, but the game looks great. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.

Okada

Just got my copy. Updating and then heading straight into VR. Might go grab some spare underpants while it's downloading the update.

shtolky

For some weird reason I had no idea this was coming out for PC. I have a 980ti and a regular PS4. Gotta go with the PC version right?

Top Bottom