• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Rock you indeed.

But I guess this means DLC characters are non-canon? I mean in KoF timeline he's still young. Then again they did have time shenanigans so maybe this is Garou Rock entering in this world.

I hate Rock, he called Vanessa "old".

Rock's character is that he's so dumb when confronting women.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
As posted on the SNK Facebook, along with our new patch of characters:

4 DLC characters& massive update to be released on April 5th(PST)!
◆ DLC characters breakdown
・WHIP https://youtu.be/uJUNmPlLEBA
・RYUJI YAMAZAKI https://youtu.be/xg_4GWnhHFg
・VANESSA https://youtu.be/6roRcCYF2ks
・ROCK HOWARD https://youtu.be/PTBtkl71aVI
◆ New content included in Major Update (ver.2.00)
・Addition of the revamped nostalgic background stages “Transcontinental Railroad” & “City Circuit” (free DLC content).
・Rebalancing of the whole character roster.
・Addition of pattern recording & replay features to Training Mode.
・New BGM tracks to be added.
・Others, feature improvement & minor bug fixes.​

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Would probably wait until the deals are out to make a thread on the *sees lucebuce12 reply*... yeah, was gonna say that! ;-)

"All Running throws now receive invinvible or instant version option on weak attack button press" Would be enough to make me happy.

"We gave Vice a few of her old moves back, since we realize she's still a bit too plain to be fully effective!" would be the dream...

... and no nerfin' Leona! (^_^;;)

Amedo310

My local scene is going to be disappointed when I do a no show next week. I'm just going to work on the 2.00 version patch frame data.

Also,

tenor.gif

Let's pray that the online stays functional after this patch and that won't be a need of another online patch.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I only see the name "Robert" mentioned, that's fine, no problem with that, lalalala... *ahem*

The only true solution is to make everyone else stronger. This is fine. Lets go with that! (^_^;;;;;)

Hyun Sai

Leona, Mai and Robert are likely to be tone down, not too sure about K'.

I REALLY hope they put some love on the low tiers characters though (Bandeiras please....)

Anyway I feel my Fatal Fury Team is safe, so whatever ah ah ah

Loona

Pull a Capcom and nerf Xanadu.

He's one of Oda's favorites - I don't expect him to become top tier, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got some nice bumps in his abilities (and a victory quote against Rock commenting on his age, even if it means recycling the "Tech me your process!" used against Nakoruru).

BadWolf

Neo_G said on twitter that one of the fixes in v2.00 is fixing of searching for opponents in free match.

Oda is saying that the patch notes are being worked on and are rather chunky (?).

BadWolf

Looks like there is still some pricing confusion going on.

Clark Lk SAB autoguard pls!

How about listing the one nerf and one buff we really want?

Nerf: Robert's spin kicks, at the very least they should be negative enough not to be spammable and easier to punish with throws.

Buff: Let Angel do advanced cancels, her ranbu DM is just begging to be canceled into the people's elbow SDM. Makes no sense that she can't advanced cancel at all.

Clark Lk SAB autoguard pls!

bruh

Frankensteiner pls

lol, that can get pretty hard, thinking about just one

Probably this for me:

Nerf: increase pushback on hit/block on Robert's cr.B
Buff: increase damage on all air throws from 100 to 130

But really I'd want general changes like universal, shorter roll distances. Regular rolls are basically run rolls right now.
Also fixing character position so that it's no longer tied to the model to avoid those inconsistent side switching situations especially in the corner, but at this point I don't even know if it has ever been conveyed to them that this was an issue.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What is the actual pricing supposed to be?

Atlus USA sent mails sayin' $4.99 but then retracted on twitter and said that the legit pricing is $5.99

For all 4 characters? If so that's great

Lol, no.

Ironically, the only game with pricing even remotely close to that dream pricing was SFxT.

Those characters averaged out to under $2 each, and people crucified it. Fast forward a few years, and "$6-$8 per character" is considered "a-okay". As long as it's "off-disc", anything goes.

Mr. X

Lol, no.

Ironically, the only game with pricing even remotely close to that dream pricing was SFxT.

Those characters averaged out to under $2 each, and people crucified it. Fast forward a few years, and "$6-$8 per character" is considered "a-okay". As long as it's "off-disc", anything goes.

The one thing SFxT had going for it was the character DLC price.

Hyun Sai

Nerf: Robert's spin kicks, at the very least they should be negative enough not to be spammable and easier to punish with throws.

Buff: Let Angel do advanced cancels, her ranbu DM is just begging to be canceled into the people's elbow SDM. Makes no sense that she can't advanced cancel at all.

Nerf : Leona damage output. A character with so many instant overheads, a cr lk -> cr HP link, godlike normals shouldn't do that insane damage.

Buff : Bandeiras damage output. Crappy normals, no setup after command throw, garbage counter, he should hit for much more than that.

Some of the low tiers got so many problems it's hard to choose one buff that could really make any difference unless it's some broken shit lol

Spuck-uk

Banned
Kensou - Make his EX Ryuurenga knock the opponent slightly higher in the air, to make the Ryuugaku-Sai followup less tricky.

Luong/Zarina - make their jumps less stupidly floaty.

Kukri - Any sort of reliable anti-air, cheers.

Daimon - His command throw needs to do more damage, or not just leave the opponent so far away you get 0 oki outside the corner.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rock gameplay: LINK
DAT DAMAGE

He looks so friggin' cool <3

BadWolf

One of the character animators working on Rock also worked on him for MOTW, it sounds like, according to his tweets:

- He knows MOTW animation is very highly regarded and said he was frustrated in trying to get the same kind of oomph in 3D
- Rock's clothes and hair animation are hand made to make him feel closer to MOTW version
- He is over 40 now so it was embarrassing to record himself doing Rock's moves for reference lol. Must have been super young when he worked on MOTW.

He also said he knows that KOF/MOTW are really popular in the west as well and wants to post stories from the old days so we can read too but doesn't have confidence in his English.

Luong/Zarina - make their jumps less stupidly floaty.

Kukri - Any sort of reliable anti-air, cheers.

Luong's jump kind of makes sense due to her instant air split kick shenanigan's but not so much for Zarina.

Kukri does have invincibility on his QCB+LK post start up btw, I use it as a pre-preemptive anti air or counter (against Terry's burn knuckle for example) all the time.

Rock gameplay: LINK
DAT DAMAGE

He looks so friggin' cool <3

It's great that the vids are more flashy now unlike the basic Whip vid.

And it's really good to see that his wallbounce move makes the opponent stay in the corner when they are hit while cornered instead of bouncing over Rock's head and switching sides (ala Terry, Muimui etc.).

Fersis

One of the character animators working on Rock also worked on him for MOTW, it sounds like, according to his tweets:

- He knows MOTW animation is very highly regarded and said he was frustrated in trying to get the same kind of oomph in 3D
- Rock's clothes and hair animation are hand made to make him feel closer to MOTW version
- He is over 40 now so it was embarrassing to record himself doing Rock's moves for reference lol. Must have been super young when he worked on MOTW.

He also said he knows that KOF/MOTW are really popular in the west as well and wants to post stories from the old days so we can read too but doesn't have confidence in his English.
Thanks for the translation man!
I follow 'em on Twitter but the auto translations make no sense lol

Also, as someone that had a geocities Iori Yagami fan page as a kid, it warms my old man hearth to see how open SNK is now.
It looks like they're having fun too.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Not to mention he can super and even Climax cancel said 1 frame command grab...

Terrible damage for the bar if you do it into super cancel it though.

Comparing it to Vice 1-frame grab where she gets great corner carry AND a perfect safejump setup.

I mean, Goro is obviously a really strong character regardless, he's definitely not Clark :(

BadWolf

Rock combo footage - that damage

The King of Fighters World - Closed Beta Trailer

Thanks for the translation man!
I follow 'em on Twitter but the auto translations make no sense lol

Also, as someone that had a geocities Iori Yagami fan page as a kid, it warms my old man hearth to see how open SNK is now.
It looks like they're having fun too.

Np, though do take them with a grain of salt since I'm just trying to make sense of whatever google translate spits out :p

And agreed, it's just so damn nice and satisfying to have them interact with fans like this. They have probably done more in this regard since XIV's announcement than all their previous years combined.

Terrible damage for the bar if you do it into super cancel it though.

Comparing it to Vice 1-frame grab where she gets great corner carry AND a perfect safejump setup.

I mean, Goro is obviously a really strong character regardless, he's definitely not Clark :(

It's still a buff since he can squeeze that extra bit of damage from it if he needs to finish the opponent (and the Climax cancel's damage is no joke), which is something he couldn't do in XIII even.

All of Clark, Daimon, Vice, Ramon etc. have their own advantages as grapplers, they did a pretty good job of making them feel distinct.

Top Bottom