• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

zroid

Banned
I find the lack of Picross-e in NA annoying, but since it's not a Nintendo published game I can't levy all that much blame at NOA.

But the lack of Club Nintendo Picross is APPALLING

The Hermit

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• ZombiU (Ubisoft | Demo Version) Upcoming (01/10)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Blaster Master (Sunsoft | Nes | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (01/10)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Ninja Master's Haoh-Ninpo-Cho (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (01/10)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Kung Fu Dragon (Agetec | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Upcoming (01/10)

holy shit Blaster Master for 3DS? I had it for Wii and stopped in the middle but was having fun, but I really wanted a portable version.

Man, can't wait for this to arrive at US... along with Picross e... right?

oatmeal

Banned
Side note...

I booted up Wii mode and played through the entirety of Donkey Kong Country yesterday. Took about an hour and forty five minutes. Game is much shorter than I remember.

Fantastic game, though. Christ it's good.

I'm super butthurt that I didn't buy the other two when I had the chance...what the fuck is wrong with me?

NateDrake

Side note...

I booted up Wii mode and played through the entirety of Donkey Kong Country yesterday. Took about an hour and forty five minutes. Game is much shorter than I remember.

I'm super butthurt that I didn't buy the other two when I had the chance...what the fuck is wrong with me?

I didn't buy DKC 3. Regret that decision now.

So I take it you missed all the Guild 01 titles released on eShop. The only Wii U game planned for Dec. was Toki Tori 2 and that was delayed. Pretty much every Wii U retail game is on the eShop. The Cave, Toki Tori 2, Puddle, Zen Pinball, and Tank Tank Tank! will be on the Wii U eShop soon.
Speaking of the bolded, any idea when the Wii U version of The Pinball Arcade was supposed to hit? Star Trek: TNG, mmm. (Or maybe just more Funhouse. My family really likes Funhouse.)

Side note...

The other two aren't on VC?

OMG Aero

This one actually kinda annoys me. I liked my freebie one, but that's not giving me new Pokémon anymore; apparently I have to buy this new edition to get any further use out of it. Lame.
You know they released an update that straight up unlocks all Unova Pokemon in the free version right?
Just hit the update button in the settings in the app.

oatmeal

Banned
RE: DKC

I have a very strong feeling that they're doing an HD Remake with all four titles on it.

I would buy the fuck out of that.

So about a week(maybe 2) back I tried downloading the new harvest moon game but for some reason the eshop wasn't accepting my card(invalid card details or something) so I just left it and didn't bother with the purchase but after a few days I noticed the amount was deducted from my card.What do I do now? I'm okay with getting either the game or the money.

BriBri

So about a week(maybe 2) back I tried downloading the new harvest moon game but for some reason the eshop wasn't accepting my card(invalid card details or something) so I just left it and didn't bother with the purchase but after a few days I noticed the amount was deducted from my card.What do I do now? I'm okay with getting either the game or the money.
I'm not by my 3DS now but go to the eShop and I think the far left upper icon and press something like 'games I've purchased' or whatever, and you hopefully can download from there.

I'm not by my 3DS now but go to the eShop and I think the far left upper icon and press something like 'games I've purchased' or whatever, and you hopefully can download from there.

Thanks I didn't know that, hope that sorts it out, will have to wait since my friend has my 3ds right now .

zigg

I have a very strong feeling that they're doing an HD Remake with all four titles on it.
I'm sorry, I usually keep my mouth shut about how I feel about DKC, but the notion of re-rendering the original games' googly-eyed models in higher resolution is far too hilarious to avoid comment.

Boney

Banned
I'm sorry, I usually keep my mouth shut about how I feel about DKC, but the notion of re-rendering the original games' googly-eyed models in higher resolution is far too hilarious to avoid comment.

that's what makes it awesome lol

Shuken

Neo Member
Today in Europe is finally out Ninja Gaiden 3 but, since it's 18+, i can't buy it before 23.00 and until 03:00 for the nintendo shop restrictions! I can't believe this! by the way i'm 36 year old.

tsab

Today in Europe is finally out Ninja Gaiden 3 but, since it's 18+, i can't buy it before 23.00 and until 03:00 for the nintendo shop restrictions! I can't believe this! by the way i'm 36 year old.

Damn I forgot about it. This means european reviewers must (start) download this at midnight. Digital Era. Thank you based NOE.

It's ok Nintendo, I'll take a [bomba] NG3RE disc instead

/ramblings

So, is Lost Levels very difficult? I think I've heard something like that.
Yes.

Some people will claim it's "not that difficult", but I vehemently disagree. A lot of the jumps they ask of you would be sane with, say, SMB3's jumping mechanics, but the original SMB's... I have a great deal of difficulty with them.

Tenki

Damn I forgot about it. This means european reviewers must (start) download this at midnight. Digital Era. Thank you based NOE.

It's ok Nintendo, I'll take a [bomba] NG3RE disc instead

/ramblings

I got a review code some days ago and yes, I had to wait until 23.00 to download the game, which lasted until 04.00 or 05.00 in the morning :lol

I was afraid that since 03.00 the download would stop, but thank god it didn't.

nubbe

I stayed up and downloaded it today at 00:00

Nintendo's babysitting is utter bullshit.

oatmeal

Banned
NBA demo looks really good...not a huge fan of basketball games, though.

The Gatorade scan thing on the gamepad is stupid as shit, though. What a waste of that second screen.

I guess we're lucky with NOA then. Any significant law that would affect their eShop would also affect Steam and Xbox Live. They're all based in Washington.

Can't decide if I would like Ninja Gaiden 3 or not, I've never played any of the modern NGs before. I really like DOA so I know I'd prolly enjoy the characters/story/graphics etc but just not sure about the game itself.... its quite hard?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Hang on, I can boot up my WiiU, change to Wii mode and browse more games in the eShop?

(sorry for the n00b question, hadn't had a reason to boot in Wii menu since I don't own any Wii games)

Hang on, I can boot up my WiiU, change to Wii mode and browse more games in the eShop?

(sorry for the n00b question, hadn't had a reason to boot in Wii menu since I don't own any Wii games)

The Wii Shop is available through the Wii menu. You have WiiWare and Virtual Console stuff available to download.

If you register stuff through Club Nintendo, you can get some pretty decent games for the coins you rack up.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)

Indeed, but the CN site says you won't get any coins/surveys for titles purchased from the Wii shop on the Wii U...

newfire01

Neo Member
Maybe it's a little off topic since it's "old" but can anyone recommend Cave Story? I played the original version years ago but never finished it. Also recently got Cave Story + as part of the Humble Bundle but my pc is not the most powerful machine and even chugs when running this game. OK it isn't horrible lag, and only happens during dialogue (weird?), but still the freezes are annoying and I am tempted to just buy it on the eshop and have it in portable form. Cave Story has always been one of those games I wanted to go back to, but is the asking price worth it? Especially if I own a mostly playable version in my catalog already?

BTW I want to sing praises about Gunman Clive again, bought it a second time for my little bro who loved it after trying mine. Two bucks people, get this game!

Murrah

Banned
Maybe it's a little off topic since it's "old" but can anyone recommend Cave Story? I played the original version years ago but never finished it. Also recently got Cave Story + as part of the Humble Bundle but my pc is not the most powerful machine and even chugs when running this game. OK it isn't horrible lag, and only happens during dialogue (weird?), but still the freezes are annoying and I am tempted to just buy it on the eshop and have it in portable form. Cave Story has always been one of those games I wanted to go back to, but is the asking price worth it? Especially if I own a mostly playable version in my catalog already?

BTW I want to sing praises about Gunman Clive again, bought it a second time for my little bro who loved it after trying mine. Two bucks people, get this game!

If your computer lags while playing Cave Story I'd probably just put the 10 bucks towards a rig made in the last 10 years

But yeah, Cave Story's a great game, I've bought all the releases except for the retail version and I don't regret it at all. The version on Steam is great, but I think eShop version is my favorite for the portability factor. It doesn't have the alternate graphics or soundtracks of the Steam one, but it does have all the modes

Top Bottom