• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

Qurupeke

Mario games are supposed to be easy. Why Lost Levels isn't? Why? WHY?

Really good game even thought it's difficult.I had trouble in the first world. In a Mario game.

BriBri

Just downloaded In the Wake of Vampire, such an awesome game, amazing music too, far better than The Castlevania Adventure, and cheaper too!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• NBA 2K13 (2K Sports | €59.99 | £49.99) Upcoming (01/17)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Mahjong Mysteries: Ancient Athena (Avanquest Software | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (01/17)
  • Tokyo Crash Mobs (Nintendo | €5.99 | £5.39) Upcoming (01/17)

Wii | WiiWare

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Zombie Skape (EnjoyUp Games | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Upcoming (01/17)

beril

Anyone in the US mind checking if Gunman Clive has made the recent bestsellers chart, and number of reviews and average score?

Hagi

This seems like the perfect place to ask, can anyone point me in the direction of an up to date list of all the retail games that are available on the Japanese 3DS e-shop?

I'm in the process of importing an LL and this knowledge would benefit me greatly.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Just downloaded In the Wake of Vampire, such an awesome game, amazing music too, far better than The Castlevania Adventure, and cheaper too!

For real. That's what frustrates me so much about Sega stalling on the GG releases--the longer it takes 'em to release all that Sonic crap, the longer it'll take to get to Vampire. They really need to get that shit out before CV NES drops.

He allowed MG1-2 on Wii VC, I think we'll definitely see Ghost Babel on 3DS VC at some point.

Sure, but only the MSX versions (which the rest of the world didn't get), not the NES games which he doesn't deign worthy. Who knows what the deal is with Ghost Babel. I'm not optimistic, at least not that it'll be out anytime soon.

Ehh... I really don't think it'll be too big of a problem by virtue of the fact that most of those GB games are their own unique thing, instead of just straight downports. And having inferior versions of games sharing space on the service doesn't really seem to be bothering publishers so far. Only time will tell, I guess.

Publishers can only release so many games a year, and it takes them forever even when they don't have competing libraries to deal with. I'd be very surprised if Capcom ever manages to get all the MM GB games out, for example. (I'd be surprised if they even manage to get MM1-6 out--y'know, like they promised.)

beje

Banned
I didn't know what Tokio Crash Mobs was about so I looked for gameplay videos on youtube and... oh... well... right...

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but hopefully one of you blokes will know the answer to this

I live in the US, but am leaving in two weeks to study abroad for a semester in Italy. Will I still be able to connect to the US servers to download my beloved Fire Emblem, despite being in Europe? Will I have to do anything special, or does it automatically connect to the server of your home country?

Roto13

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but hopefully one of you blokes will know the answer to this

I live in the US, but am leaving in two weeks to study abroad for a semester in Italy. Will I still be able to connect to the US servers to download my beloved Fire Emblem, despite being in Europe? Will I have to do anything special, or does it automatically connect to the server of your home country?

You shouldn't have any problems.

Jucksalbe

Banned

You don't have to do anything. It will all work as normal.

Edit: beaten.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
ARGH! I still have a bunch of points cards! Can we only transfer once? Will it delete the stuff I already transferred if I try it again?

As far as I know, based on information and reports...

1) You can transfer from Wii to Wii U as many times as you like.
2) Each time, any saves on the Wii will overwrite any matching saves on the Wii U.
3) Wii U saves will -not- be deleted unless they are being overwritten. If your Wii has no save for Brawl on it, the Wii U Brawl save will remain.

My understanding is that you can apply all the points to the Wii, make your purchases there, and THEN transfer them to the Wii U.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Also, Amazon Instant Video for the Wii is supposed to be available now... I haven't checked, but Amazon has a page up about it.

Tyeforce

2) Each time, any saves on the Wii will overwrite any matching saves on the Wii U.
3) Wii U saves will -not- be deleted unless they are being overwritten. If your Wii has no save for Brawl on it, the Wii U Brawl save will remain.

My understanding is that you can apply all the points to the Wii, make your purchases there, and THEN transfer them to the Wii U.
But Miis and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection settings are overwritten each time, aren't they?

joedick

But Miis and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection settings are overwritten each time, aren't they?

Cool, thanks for the info! Doesn't sound too bad. I'll download games on the Wii if they have CN points and transfer them later.

Also, Little Inferno is surprisingly addictive.

MrMan2k3

No, I found out firsthand that when doing a second transfer it gives you the option to not transfer Miis and Wifi settings, which instead remain on the source Wii. Of course, you can transfer them if you'd like, but then they do overwrite.

Is Picross E2 still coming this month?
I had to buy Mario Picross to fill the void. I'm now an addict. :(
It's not the same though. I miss the touchscreen and colours. :(

wsippel

Banned
This appears to be a teaser for the upcoming game announcement Emily Rogers tweeted about:

zB9EE.jpg

Also, Anima Game Studios, the guys behind the apparently pretty bad Ark of Sinners for WiiWare, are working on a sequel of sorts, Gate of Memories, for PC and Mac, and some sites report that a Wii U version is planned as well.

Nose Master

This appears to be a teaser for the upcoming game announcement Emily Rogers tweeted about:

zB9EE.jpg

Also, Anima Game Studios, the guys behind the apparently pretty bad Ark of Sinners for WiiWare, are working on a sequel of sorts, Gate of Memories, for PC and Mac, and some sites report that a Wii U version is planned as well.

Armored Armadillo? Megaman X on eshop confirmed.

tim.mbp

zB9EE.jpg

Emily Rogers is back? :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS eShop Chart - January, 14th

1. Pokemon Dream Radar
2. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
3. Super Mario Bros.
4. Pokedex 3D Pro
5. Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
6. Mega Man
7. Gunman Clive
8. Tetris
9. Cut The Rope
10. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
11. Metroid II – Return of Samus
12. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
13. Photo Dojo
14. The Legend of Zelda
15. 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure
16. Crimson Shroud
17. Plants vs. Zombies
18. Bird Mania 3D
19. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
20. Unchained Blades

Wii U eShop Chart - January, 14th

1. Trine 2: Director’s Cut
2. Little Inferno
3. Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
4. Nano Assault Neo
5. New Super Mario Bros. U
6. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
7. Scribblenauts Unlimited
8. ZombiU
9. Chasing Aurora
10. Assassin’s Creed III
11. Darksiders II
12. Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
13. Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
14. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
15. Just Dance 4
16. Madden NFL 13
17. Wheel of Fortune
18. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
19. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
20. Nintendo Land

Please, Nintendo, remember Australia. PLEASE.

No Trine 2, still.
No Mighty SF, still.

Do developers have to submit their games for Australia through an especially arcane process? Someone please let them know I'd like to buy some games. Jesus CHRIST.

Oddduck

No Trine 2, still.
No Mighty SF, still.

Do developers have to submit their games for Australia through an especially arcane process? Someone please let them know I'd like to buy some games. Jesus CHRIST.

I really feel sorry for Australia. They've been getting fucked on a lot of games.

Classification submission costs are expensive for games, often to the point that devs don't bother with them for smaller downloadable stuff where they aren't likely to make it back. See: like half or two thirds of the DSiWare library.

Yeah I regret not importing. Even now the range of retail games on the US eshop makes it worth it when it comes to conversion, big savings. It's not like you have to wait at your mailbox anymore.

If your desperate for Trine 2 & MSF just create a new account with the UK as your region.

Oddduck

whats GAF consensus on Tanks! Tanks! Tanks!

Also, any good online co-op games on WiiU except Trine 2?

Tank! Tank! Tank! should be a $20 eShop game. Not a $50 to $60 retail game. I would wait to see how low the game's price gets in the next couple months.

@MUWANdo

Banned

No Trine 2, still.
No Mighty SF, still.

This isn't a Nintendo thing, at least not directly. Nintendo requires publishers to have their games rated by the OFLC before they can release 'em in Australia, but sending your game for OFLC certification is way, way more expensive than the equivalent ratings systems for other regions and the potential audience is much smaller, so for indie devs/publishers it's just not worth the money.

Top Bottom