• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gearbox is hiring for a writer to work on Borderlands 3

Flux

A writer? As in singular?

Hope it doesn't go that route since the previous sequel has just plugged full of memes instead of content.

LordofPwn

I guess most people forgot about how forgettable the writing in BL1 was? BL2 I found entertaining and enjoyable but it's not like I would nominate it for anything.

shimon

Now they are hiring? Geez I was hoping this game would be out within 3 years but it's probably more like 5 years at this point :(

eXistor

Borderlands 3, more like Lootboxlands amirite? Is anyone really expecting this game to be up to scratch in this day and age? Calling it now: It's gonna be a reflection of everything bad about this industry.

Afrocious

I wonder if there's a way to play Borderlands 2 while ignoring all the people talking all the time. For a fun game, it sure likes to try to remind you that it's supposed to be funny as opposed to...idk...being funny.

LordofPwn

Now they are hiring? Geez I was hoping this game would be out within 3 years but it's probably more like 5 years at this point :(

Been waiting for this game for what feels like forever, and it barely seems like they've started work on it yet. :(

They started hiring back in Jan 2015, they had an UE4 tech demo with a main character at GDC earlier this year and 2K has it slated for FY18. I'm guessing that they know the scope and story arc for gameplay but probably need a writer for dialogue and or in game text or just to help out. it is an RPG after all, generally a lot you need to write.

enkaisu

Banned
Oh. So this game is still like 3-4 years off? Really wish they hadn't wasted their time with Battleborn. Been waiting for Borderlands 3 for so long at this point, I can't even feel excited.

They started hiring back in Jan 2015, they had an UE4 tech demo with a main character at GDC earlier this year and 2K has it slated for FY18. I'm guessing that they know the scope and story arc for gameplay but probably need a writer for dialogue and or in game text or just to help out. it is an RPG after all, generally a lot you need to write.
Even that demo seemed pretty early from what I remember, granted it was just to show off tech, but from what I remember it was just a character and a desert environment and all they did was mess with the lighting and shaders or something.

AudioEppa

This just reminds me how much I want Tales From the Borderlands 2.

Can gearbox just make that if Telltale is too busy?

LordofPwn

Even that demo seemed pretty early from what I remember, granted it was just to show off tech, but from what I remember it was just a character and a desert environment and all they did was mess with the lighting and shaders or something.

Yeah it was built specifically for GDC but they're not going to make assets just for the presentation, they pulled stuff from what they are working on. it was like "hey this isn't the game but this is what that game looks like and how we're achieving that look with UE4."

Floody

Shame Ubi (i think) beat them to the Tales From The Borderlands writers. Was soo much better than I was expecting and that it had any right to be considering the source material.

Me too, and so did my friends when we played The Handsome Collection together. I always get a laugh when people get in this act like they can only like high quality comedy

I don't know a single person who likes low quality comedy.

"high Quality" is something weird to take a stand against. High quality means good, where as low quality means bad.

maybe high brow is what you meant? There can be high quality low brow comedy, just like there is low quality high brow comedy.

regardless, BL is neither high brow nor high quality.

Top Bottom