• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia |OT|: Change the Past to Save the Future

Volcynika

Doing a bit of grinding, going to finish up the last run of it I was doing after my DSi is done charging, then onward with progress! Might even be able to finish the game today.

BearChair

Is there any word on if this game is going to get a second print run? I know I should have just pre-ordered it, but I didn't and now the game is going for $60 on Amazon.

MooMoo

BearChair said:
Is there any word on if this game is going to get a second print run? I know I should have just pre-ordered it, but I didn't and now the game is going for $60 on Amazon.
Someone in the 3DS thread said there would be a second print run. I looked around a little and it appears this run will happen sometime mid-April.

Spwn

BearChair said:

I'm under the impression that the second print is coming soon. At least VideoGamesPlus is taking preorders for it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Volcynika said:
Beat the game at 229/236 nodes. Woo! A little over 30 hours for me.
Awesome! Which nodes do you think you're missing, or are you going to bother?

Even if I was overleveled, the final boss was no slouch. Also, my boyfriend said the final boss
looked like the grill that Homer Simpson built, lol.

Volcynika

Dark Schala said:
Awesome! Which nodes do you think you're missing, or are you going to bother?

Even if I was overleveled, the final boss was no slouch. Also, my boyfriend said the final boss
looked like the grill that Homer Simpson built, lol.

Um, just a couple sidequest ones I think (got all the good/bad ending splits done), and
Didn't beat Master Vanquier either
. Don't think I'll bother with it, I have put my focus on this game for a while so I need a break! :eek:

archnemesis said:
An Atlus USA employee also confirmed the second print run on the previous page.

I went by Ye Olde Local Shoppe today looking for a copy, which they didn't have, but when I asked them to order me one they said they had a few on order already and they'd put me down for one. Hope it's making money for Atlus.

I had ordered a copy to be shipped to the Best Buy closest to me. My estimated date of pickup is the 15th. :\ While driving today, I was listening to the episode of Active Time Babble where they talked about it, and I want this so badly now. :( I managed to dodge the spoilers, luckily.

Decided to buy this game cause' you guys made it sound awesome, also needed a game I could play with one hand since i had surgery on my left hand. I don't want to go through the thread and see some spoilers or anything, so maybe someone can answer this, but about how long is the game on average would yall think?

vareon

MooMoo said:
Someone in the 3DS thread said there would be a second print run. I looked around a little and it appears this run will happen sometime mid-April.

Oh by the love of god please happen. It's $60 at amazon now and play-asia is out of stock. :/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
StickSoldier said:
That sucks, I think they only had one copy left at the Gamestop that I bought it from. What about online?
None available in the usual stores that ship to where I live.

I'll try searching for it tomorrow in a couple of GameStops, but I'm not optimistic.

Got a copy of Sands of Destruction today, though.

StickSoldier said:
Decided to buy this game cause' you guys made it sound awesome, also needed a game I could play with one hand since i had surgery on my left hand. I don't want to go through the thread and see some spoilers or anything, so maybe someone can answer this, but about how long is the game on average would yall think?
I don't have an endgame save on hand to check, but I recall it's around 30-40 hours long. I think I finished at around the 40 hour mark, with 4-5 sidequests still unfinished.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
StickSoldier said:
I got 45 hours after grinding, getting rare drop weapons and finishing sidequests. It's about 30/35-40 hours long depending on how you pace it and do sidequests without grinding and trying to get rare drops and stealing accessories multiple times. Good luck!

Aveyn Knight said:
I don't have an endgame save on hand to check, but I recall it's around 30-40 hours long. I think I finished at around the 40 hour mark, with 4-5 sidequests still unfinished.

Dark Schala said:
I got 45 hours after grinding, getting rare drop weapons and finishing sidequests. It's about 30/35-40 hours long depending on how you pace it and do sidequests without grinding and trying to get rare drops and stealing accessories multiple times. Good luck!

Awesome, good to hear. I played for about 2-3 hours and I'm having a blast with this game, it's easily the most fun I've had with an RPG in awhile. I really like the fighting, it just feels good getting combos and what not. And like most people have said, the music is just plain good.

(cant really remember names atm, so I might of messed them up)I encountered my first mess up I guess you would say. When you have a choice to stay with Heiss or Stocke's friend I decided to stay with Heiss. I went to wait at the rendezvous point to meet some person for the first mission, and after waiting for awhile you have a choice to wait for him longer or head to the Mines; Well I decided to go to the Mines. I was amazed when I found out that we lost the war, so now I have to wait for the guy and see what happens. Great times!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Atlus needs to stuff the channel more with this game. Sold out everywhere on Gamestop, Best Buy never even carried it, Amazon pricing outrageous, etc... I'd like to play it without feeling miserable about missing out a mere month after launch. A month!

Digital Distribution future now please.

Hobbun

How does this game look on a DSi XL? I really prefer to play on my XL with the larger screen, but I have heard of some games that don’t look as good due to the stretching (although haven’t really noticed it myself yet).

For those who have played it on an XL, do you think it suffers from the larger screen size?

StickSoldier said:
(cant really remember names atm, so I might of messed them up)I encountered my first mess up I guess you would say. When you have a choice to stay with Heiss or Stocke's friend I decided to stay with Heiss. I went to wait at the rendezvous point to meet some person for the first mission, and after waiting for awhile you have a choice to wait for him longer or head to the Mines; Well I decided to go to the Mines. I was amazed when I found out that we lost the war, so now I have to wait for the guy and see what happens. Great times!
Haha, I did the same thing as well. As you probably know by now, the game is very lenient when it comes to getting "bad endings". So there's never usually any real worry of choosing the wrong choice. Some of the bad endings can be quite interesting as well.

Hobbun

Brandon F said:
Atlus needs to stuff the channel more with this game. Sold out everywhere on Gamestop, Best Buy never even carried it, Amazon pricing outrageous, etc... I'd like to play it without feeling miserable about missing out a mere month after launch. A month!

That’s always been the case with Atlus games, they keep their runs small so they sell well (compared to the print run size).

It’s always a good thing to buy an Atlus game at release if it's one you are even remotely interested in.

Aveyn Knight said:
Haha, I did the same thing as well. As you probably know by now, the game is very lenient when it comes to getting "bad endings". So there's never usually any real worry of choosing the wrong choice. Some of the bad endings can be quite interesting as well.

Yeah at first I was like wth? But when the game took me back to a previous point, I just started smiling. Really well made game, I'm glad I bought it. I'll be going back and doing everything just to see what could of been if I would of choose differently.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
StickSoldier said:
Yeah at first I was like wth? But when the game took me back to a previous point, I just started smiling. Really well made game, I'm glad I bought it. I'll be going back and doing everything just to see what could of been if I would of choose differently.
Bear in mind that you can start doing sidequests after you make your first major decision (which you've already done), too. I'd advise using a FAQ for that to avoid the tedium though. Doing it all at endgame can take a bit out of you.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hobbun said:
How does this game look on a DSi XL? I really prefer to play on my XL with the larger screen, but I have heard of some games that don’t look as good due to the stretching (although haven’t really noticed it myself yet).

For those who have played it on an XL, do you think it suffers from the larger screen size?

It looks awesome. I'm really glad I bought the XL. People were saying it might be a bad decision with the 3DS coming out, but I think it's paid off.

Hobbun

Trojita said:
It looks awesome. I'm really glad I bought the XL. People were saying it might be a bad decision with the 3DS coming out, but I think it's paid off.

That’s great to hear. Looks like I will be playing it on my XL.

Thanks!

Shirokun

Bought this last night based on the recommendations in this thread(after searching six different stores!). I'm on chapter 1 right now after putting in about five hours. I just got to the
Sand Fortress
with Rosch, and while the game has a lot to like about it(mainly the fun as heck battle system), I can't say I'm completely sold just yet. Obviously, I'm pretty early on, and I'm looking forward to sinking some more time into it when I get a chance.

larvi

malingenie said:
Funny that I can buy off my gamefly cart for 25$. Shipping included. I would see a business case here if I wasn't so lazy

I just did that, grand total of $21.60 after tax and 5 gamefly dollars that I had to use by 4/1. Cart came today, case is in the mail. I've done this a few times recently for harder to find titles, move them to the top of my queue and use the keep option when they send it to me.

Edit - Case just showed up in the mail and it contained the box and the soundtrack as well. I love Gamefly for used games.

I finally got my copy this morning. Haven't had a DS in a while, and since I bought a 3DS, I'm slowly catching up to all the DS titles I've wanted to play.

Crazypanda_85 said:
I finally got my copy this morning. Haven't had a DS in a while, and since I bought a 3DS, I'm slowly catching up to all the DS titles I've wanted to play.
Same here.

I just got it from goHastings on Amazon for 35$. I guess I got lucky, since they recently must have raised it to 50$ since I ordered it on monday.

has anyone played this game on a 3ds? if so how does it look?

my local gamestop has 1 copy left and I am thinking of picking it up today.

Silh

Kind of got bored with Pokémon so I finally got to start this the other day after weeks of it just sitting on my shelf. About eight hours in, liking how timelines work in this. Wasn't expecting to be jumping around all over the place.

Other than the bad ends there doesn't seem to be many endings to get a la Chrono Trigger like I thought there would be, which I'm happy with. Even if it takes away from replayability, I just don't think I'd have the time for that. :\

Wow so 1 hour in and I don't hate it. In fact, I really like the whole time travel, Chrono Trigger-esqe elements.

Turn based party battles: check.
Main character than isn't some overly emotional douche: check.

So far so good.

edit: and so far I really like the music.

Zwei

Magicpaint said:
Should have bought this when I saw copies flooding ebay. Now there are hardly any copies anywhere! :(

Don't fret. Another batch is coming mid-April, but without the bonus CD.

Zwei said:
Don't fret. Another batch is coming mid-April, but without the bonus CD.
Oh, that really sucks but understandable. But I am glad to hear they are reprinting.

FleaTheMagician said:
You can order it on Amazon for $35. I just ordered one.
I am in Europe though. I don't know how much shipping will cost. Hopefully nothing that will jack up the price too high...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm at 42 hrs and have a few sidequests that I've not done. I've just
beat some big theumatic robot knight that had two cube sidekicks
so I don't know how much is left.

atomsk said:
Washed out and blurry. I immediately put it back in my DSi

Do any ds games look good to you on your 3ds? Just wondering since I have 4 ds games and they all look good to me, but maybe I don't have a game that has issues on the 3ds.

Thanks

Londa

Banned
some people can notice a difference, I noticed a little change from how it looks on DS. But its not unplayable.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
atomsk said:
tried that as well, still looks washed out.
Reduce brightness level and/or stop being crazy.

I found the game on a random GameStop, by the way. Having a blast.

Zwei

Aveyn Knight said:
Yes, it was confirmed on their forums.

Yep, and it was also implied on their forums that this second print run will be limited as well.

I don't know what the hell Atlus is doing... I guess they don't want to over-produce too many copies of RH seeing as how the DS is nearing its end. (?)

Top Bottom