• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Star wars Battlefront 2 Pro vs 1X vs PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkarafo

Sure PC willl always be top but You cannot build a PC with same performance and features as an X for $500. At least not right now anyways.
But if you have a PC that's even as old as 5 years, chances are you still have a better CPU on it and you can upgrade it with a GFX card that costs half as much and delivers similar or better performance.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
But if you have a PC that's even as old as 5 years, chances are you still have a better CPU on it and you can upgrade it with a GFX card that costs half as much and delivers similar or better performance.

and thats still spending more than an X in total

Senua

As oppose to a one time fee of $500

Which will be weaker than that PC you could've had!

I've been using my 3570k for five years now and it's still more powerful than the brand new "BEAST" Xbox One X. Back then I used a GTX 670 which at the time was a very nice card. Now I can buy a GTX 1070 TI for $450 and get a much more powerful system than the X.

Plus cheaper games

Plus free online play

Plus Mouse and keyboard for the best experience in FPS and RTS games.

Plus 8034759834758934743 PC exclusives and insane backwards compatibility

Plus emulation to play almost every console game from the past 30 odd years

Plus everything else a PC can do.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Which will be weaker than that PC you could've had!

I've been using my 3570k for five years now and it's still more powerful than the brand new "BEAST" Xbox One X. Back then I used a GTX 670 which at the time was a very nice card. Now I can buy a GTX 1070 TI for $450 and get a much more powerful system than the X.

but still the overall cost is more?

Senua

but still the overall cost is more?

Yes but I bought the PC when the Xbox 1 and PS4 came out, you understand? I haven't upgraded anything else except the GPU and it's now more powerful than the X, and also comes with all the crazy PC advantages.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Yes but I bought the PC when the Xbox 1 and PS4 came out, you understand? I haven't upgraded anything else except the GPU and it's now more powerful than the X, and also comes with all the crazy PC advantages.

so you still spent more money?

mad597

Banned
Just because the X is powerful doesn't mean it's the best console to play it on. From a graphical point of view it's a yes, but if your friends/family are on a different platform then it's not the case.

The Pro version still looks fantastic regardless.

You can talk about friends and online group in other threads, this is a DF thread and the X1X is the the technical best way tot play the game on consoles.

So many attempts from different angles to derail the X1X being superior than the PSpro, gee I wonder why?

Senua

so you still spent more money?

I said yes please keep up I bought my PC for $800 in 2012 which did me well for five years,
now stick a 1070 TI in for $450 and it's way more powerful than the "beast"

Also I have a full time job and can afford to buy things. But I also feel I've saved hundreds of dollars over the years on free online and much cheaper games overall.

You can talk about friends and online group in other threads, this is a DF thread and the X1X is the the technical best way tot play the game on consoles.

So many attempts from different angles to derail the X1X being superior than the PSpro, gee I wonder why?

People keep downplaying PC in here too I wonder why.

nkarafo

and thats still spending more than an X in total
As oppose to a one time fee of $500
Yes but that same PC already served you a few years before the X was released. So you got your money's worth already.

Edit: So, if you never had a current gen console and bought the X/Pro now, fine, you get a great deal. But if you are "upgrading" from a regular XBOXone/PS4 to a Pro or X you should factor the price of the older consoles as well in your total sum, if you want to compare it with the price of a PC. Because you don't need to buy a new PC to get a new graphics card anymore. Once you have the base PC, it holds for 2 or 3 GFX card upgrades. Got my PC in late 2014, i'm on my second GFX and i'm going for a third one when volta arrives.

VinnyG

Banned
There were never bans because you or others were Pro Xbox, this is an example of revisionist history with a flair for dramatic and persecution complex.

The fact that you cannot be happy without over exaggerating the victories trying to twist the knife in the backs of what you see as your opponents and showing a attitude is also telling: this is not just what you call being positive about Xbox, this is gloating, sometimes borderline PR/astroturfing (”more than lives up to the hype trouncing PSPro"), and noisy behaviour meant to push other posters' buttons (”I feel sorry for PS4 Pro owners") and not to engage in any sort of meaningful discussion or disagreement.

Then again you may think that annoying gloating, mocking of the opponents (thinking of them as opponents even), etc... while trying to shove the console of your choice down their throats IS just being a normal fan and here is where we would disagree.

cmon man... this post is completely hilarious from head to toe..i was here well before 2013...and I been banned directly from bish a week before the xb1/ps4 launch (when we had the leak of xb1s hardware) just because i wrote that the xb1 kinect was a better piece of hw than the ps4 camera (thing which remains objectively true today).
It would have been much better if users like you would gently notice and point out how administrators used the "inferiority complex" as one of the local xbox community ban methods meanwhile "sonygaf" users ( like you ) was highly protected and consistently allowed to say virtually anything.
The reality is that you are now asking a community, that xbox, which has been banned, molested and humiliated virtually publicly (neogaf WAS the most respected videogame forum)...to treat the same users (like thelastsword, that if neogaf want some good reputation back should immediatly take action against) that used that type of treatment to inflict jokes or worst on other users just because they used another console......as if nothing had happened in the last 5 years.

Thanks to all this, SonyGAF has used the past fame of this place (writers, developers, managers and journalists used to wrote here) to influence the articles and topics of the industry talkshow. Those people with the help of moderators have humiliated microsoft high manager (I still remember the history of "handshake" or treatment that had albert penello)...
and if you hide or want to come to me tellin' that all this has not happened ... you're blind or just say the wrong

I also add that neogaf is highly guilty of Microsoft's bad reputation among hardcore gamers...which in the years pushing its agenda has created a word of mouth that really tried to spoil the reputation of the brand

I said yes please keep up I bought my PC for $800 in 2012 which did me well for five years,

Also I have a full time job and can afford to buy things. But I also feel I've saved hundreds of dollars over the years on free online and much cheaper games overall.

Don't want to discredit PC cause PC is great but just not for everyone. I don't think you are bringing up any new never heard before facts about the possible advantages someone could find with PC over console

Malcolm9

Well DF doesn't really compare family and friends in their videos now.

Well calling it the best console is not always a fact, it's entirely down to the user.

If you state it's the best graphical console then that is a fact, no denying that. Let's not hide behind the thread when people are challenged on some of their comments though, especially when they are happy to go off topic to fuel their agenda.

Senua

Don't want to discredit PC cause PC is great but just not for everyone. I don't think you are bringing up any new never heard before facts about the possible advantages someone could find with PC over console

And? The general perception around here is that PC gaming is insanely expensive when in actual fact it's really not, you just have to be a bit smart about it.

Just because you know this stuff already doesn't mean they do.

mad597

Banned
cmon man... this post is completely hilarious from head to toe..i was here well before 2013...and I been banned directly from bish a week before the xb1/ps4 launch (when we had the leak of xb1s hardware) just because i wrote that the xb1 kinect was a better piece of hw (thing which remains objectively true today).
It would have been much better if users like you would gently notice and point out how administrators used the "inferiority complex" as one of the local xbox community ban methods meanwhile "sonygaf" users ( like you ) was highly protected and consistently allowed to say virtually anything.
The reality is that you are now asking a community, that xbox, which has been banned, molested and humiliated virtually publicly (neogaf WAS the most respected videogame forum)...to treat the same users (like thelastsword) that used that type of treatment to inflict jokes or worst on other users just because they used another console......as if nothing had happened in the last 5 years.

Thanks to all this, SonyGAF has used the fame of this place (writers, developers, managers and journalists used to wrote here) to influence the articles and topics of the industry talkshow. Those people with the help of moderators have humiliated microsoft high manager (I still remember the history of "handshake" or treatment that had albert penello)...
and if you hide or want to come to me that all this has not happened ... you're blind or just say the wrong

I also add that neogaf is highly guilty of Microsoft's bad reputation among hardcore gamers...which in the years pushing its agenda has created a word of mouth that really tried to spoil the reputation of the brand

Yep it is pretty ridiculous to even pretend Sonygaf wans't a thing, it has been known here and across the internet for a pretty long time. Guess if you were a Sony fan you didn't notice and just expected to be treated like royalty and not have to deal with any dirty peasant Xboxers talking.

Malcolm9

Yep it is pretty ridiculous to even pretend Sonygaf wans't a thing, it has been known here and across the internet for a pretty long time. Guess if you were a Sony fan you didn't notice and just expected to be treated like royalty and not have to deal with any dirty peasant Xboxers talking.

So DF discuss SonyGaf now? And your telling others to keep on topic.

mad597

Banned
So DF discuss SonyGaf now? And your telling others to keep on topic.

X1X is the best play to play this thing and yes sonygaf was a thing, Maybe if Sony fans wouldn't act in shock that Xbox fans are actually talking in a thread and stop asking about Xbox fans it wouldn't need to be brought up.

rokkerkory

Well calling it the best console is not always a fact, it's entirely down to the user.

If you state it's the best graphical console then that is a fact, no denying that. Let's not hide behind the thread when people are challenged on some of their comments though, especially when they are happy to go off topic to fuel their agenda.

Well of course, it's all subjective at end of day in terms of 'best'.

We're in a DF thread so I was just reminding folks of that. It's all about gfx in these threads.

X1X is the best play to play this thing and yes sonygaf was a thing, Maybe if Sony fans wouldn't act in shock that Xbox fans are actually talking in a thread and stop asking about Xbox fans it wouldn't need to be brought up.

You criticize the Sony army but you fail to be honest with yourself that you are the same, just on the other side of the spectrum

And? The general perception around here is that PC gaming is insanely expensive when in actual fact it's really not, you just have to be a bit smart about it.

Just because you know this stuff already doesn't mean they do.

Its hard to believe the majority of people on neogaf in DF post do not already know that PC isn't "insanely" expensive. I know my point that vast majority of people on neogaf already know the PC price per performance won't ever hit the mark.

Senua

Its hard to believe the majority of people on neogaf in DF post do not already know that PC isn't "insanely" expensive. I know my point that vast majority of people on neogaf already know the PC price per performance won't ever hit the mark.

I pay more for sure, but not that much more overall as I already explained above.

You also get what you pay for, I don't want to deal with shitty AA, AF and low framerates.

What's the with the sudden surge of fanboy junior accounts?

Hate to say it but it appears Gaf is struggling to survive. Whats left has deteriorated to threads like this with dick measuring left and right and most threads feel like a tomb.

I've been playstation since the first one and I'll still happily admit Xbox has created a box that is better than Sony's, good for them, the beginning of this gen and even last with their HD DVD support was a joke. Competition is good and they had some hard learning along the way, might as well give them some kudos when they do the right thing.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

The persecution complex here is strong... I do remember tons and tons of Xbox One posts and happy and excited Scorpio coverage, Phil Spencer latest word of the day, etc... nope, it cannot be that people were banned because they were overly aggressive, defensive, and also trolled. Nope, they were all hit by a conspiracy that as someone else just said humiliated and molested innocent posters that were all nicely contributing to the discussion. I almost await Opa-Age to be presented as evidence at this point.

KiLLaDeZo

I find it funny how people are being called xbox fan boys when this forum is rife with sony dick riders. Every xbox thread would have negative comments regadless of the xbox topic, nobody would call anybody out for it, fanboy or do anything about it. Now the shoe is on the other foot the world is about to end apparently. Please be consistent guys. Either way nice to hear the xbox one x preforming so well.

I pay more for sure, but not that much more overall as I already explained above.

You also get what you pay for, I don't want to deal with shitty AA, AF and low framerates.

I really don't know how the point keeps getting so severely missed . My point was that vast majority of Neogaf users know the price per performance of PC is not that much.

I find it funny how people are being called xbox fan boys when this forum is rife with sony dick riders. Every xbox thread would have negative comments regadless of the xbox topic, nobody would call anybody out for it, fanboy or do anything about it. Now the shoe is on the other foot the world is about to end apparently. Please be consistent guys. Either way nice to hear the xbox one x preforming so well.

Could that not have more to do with the fact that Xbox shit the bed hard to start this gen? I'm more of a reader here, but I feel like the tone has always been fairly honest with what is really happening at that time, good or bad.

Senua

I really don't know how the point keeps getting so severely missed . My point was that vast majority of Neogaf users know the price per performance of PC is not that much.

Ok, but the vast majority of console fanboys in threads like these don't know this stuff.

bigfurb

Could that not have more to do with the fact that Xbox shit the bed hard to start this gen? I'm more of a reader here, but I feel like the tone has always been fairly honest with what is really happening at that time, good or bad.
Careful, you don't want to make light of these poor peoples trauma. Apparently being an xbox fan on GAF has been quite the painful experience for some of these poor souls

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Apparently on the past if scaling people something like Sony dick riders got people banned, would it have been a human rights violation too? Seriously... people were called out and banned from either side, but maybe some of the Xbox policies were bad and anti-consumer and some people did not forgive just because shiny keys were jingled in front of then so they remained skeptics, but few started shutting threads and were banned.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

so you still spent more money on pc than buying both xbox's and if you shop around you can get xbox live or playstation plus for decent money. as for games you pay what you pay

I have a really good up to date pc and cam play most games at 1440p or higher, nobody is downplaying the pc but your downplaying the xbox regardless of it being a decent console and above the ps4 pro.

each to their own tho

MilkyJoe

To be fair they came back with some great services and a new console, but Sony have been complete shit in customer service and have been investigated by watch dogs for their refund and bricking policies and people still felate them like they are the second coming.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Xbox fans sure like to talk shit but boy do their assholes sting when someone says anything slightly negative about their precious no matter how legitimate the observation may be.
Kind of like trump supporters. Hmmmmmmm....

Alright, mods shut this train wreck thread down. Good lord.

mad597

Banned

Apparently that never happened according to Sonygaf.

JP

Bloody hell, what the hell has happened in here? Somebody should start a Digital Foundry: Star wars Battlefront 2 Pro vs 1X vs PC thread so we can talk about that subject too.

I am still sort of enjoying the single player and the performance is decent but I'm still not really impressed with the graphics that I'm seeing, I know it looks better on a decent PC but I was far more impressed with Dice's 2016 game than this.

mad597

Banned
To be fair they came back with some great services and a new console, but Sony have been complete shit in customer service and have been investigated by watch dogs for their refund and bricking policies and people still felate them like they are the second coming.

Yep, No EA Access, No Crossplay, No BC, No self service digital return policy, Ban users for charge backs,No downloadable Gamepass service, Can't change user name.

If any other company would have done anything of these things Sony fans would pull out the pitch forks and burned that company alive with complaints.

but since it's Sony these corporate cheer leaders just give them a pass on every anti consumer policy they pull.

Anyways, I am really enjoying my time with the X and all of the games I've tried runs really great. Not impressed at all with the singleplayer in Battlefront 2, just dull and by the book. Does it get better later on?

There are a couple “This Feels Like Star Wars!” Moments but is dull overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom