• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-=-=->S P O I L E R S<-=-=- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spoiler Thread

watershed

Banned
What does this even mean? Just that it's far in the future? But in which timeline?

Only that it is the furthest game from Skyward Sword chronologically. I read it on Go Nintendo which is a banned site so I don't have the full quote. But he doesn't confirm a placement in terms of the split.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I still love this game to pieces, but it really feels like story had to take a backseat in order for them to achieve their ambitious plans for the scope and such.

I feared -- and figured -- this would happen. It almost always does with franchises going open world. At least the game still has some really great lore elements, heh.

plank

Only that it is the furthest game from Skyward Sword chronologically. I read it on Go Nintendo which is a banned site so I don't have the full quote. But he doesn't confirm a placement in terms of the split.

Gonintendo is banned again? What did they do this time? Sorry for being off topic.

KiN0

Not that it needed confirming, but the director of the game did confirm for timeline stuff that this is the Zelda game set in "the most recent age."

That's actually pretty disappointing for me. As much as I loved exploring the world, there isn't really much separating botw terrain from say tp's. For such an advance civilization, all we see are wood and stone ruins. There are hardly any references to the high-technology outside of the shrines and towers.

ArchAngel

Reading the books in the game made the story so much better and to understand the characters. Main story is what you play, but you can dig a bit deeper if you want to, for example in Zelda's diary. Loved the books.

watershed

Banned
I wonder if at any point in development this game had actual gameplay taking place with the 5 pillars surrounding Hyrule Castle. Zelda's journal tells us that this is where a ton of guardians were stored but that she and the Sheikah never actually discovered them. They rise when Ganon returns. I could imagine the 5th dungeon in the DLC is somehow related to the 5 pillars, considering they are Sheikah tech like all the divine beasts and an underground dungeon (where the pillars were hiding) would make sense for this world more than an unknown 5th Divine Beast and could be more like a traditional Zelda dungeon as a final surprise for fans.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if at any point in development this game had actual gameplay taking place with the 5 pillars surrounding Hyrule Castle. Zelda's journal tells us that this is where a ton of guardians were stored but that she and the Sheikah never actually discovered them. They rise when Ganon returns. I could imagine the 5th dungeon in the DLC is somehow related to the 5 pillars, considering they are Sheikah tech like all the divine beasts and an underground dungeon (where the pillars were hiding) would make sense for this world more than an unknown 5th Divine Beast and could be more like a traditional Zelda dungeon as a final surprise for fans.

A dungeon underneath Hyrule Castle would be awesome, so I'm in full support of an exploration of the hidden technology underneath Hyrule.

Alebrije

Being honest just hope BOTW sets the new storyline for future games , do not care about timeline related to other games. Zelda always has been a mess about story line between games and now we can finally start a new era or storyline on Zeldas lore.

It seems the game is set far far away from the rest of the games , like if Nintendo wanted to avoid any relation to pass games. Hope new story DLC moves forward.

takriel

Being honest just hope BOTW sets the new storyline for future games , do not care about timeline related to other games. Zelda always has been a mess about story line between games and now we can finally start a new era or storyline on Zeldas lore.

It seems the game is set far far away from the rest of the games , like if Nintendo wanted to avoid any relation to pass games. Hope new story DLC moves forward.
This!

watershed

Banned
A dungeon underneath Hyrule Castle would be awesome, so I'm in full support of an exploration of the hidden technology underneath Hyrule.

I think it makes sense the more I think about it. Every dungeon is made from Sheikah tech and there's no where else in Hyrule that has a huge amount of Sheikah tech. I don't think a new divine beast is gonna pop out of nowhere.

I just beat gannon for the third time and every time i best him, i get emotional, i think its because though i still have so much left to play it still feels like the culmination of my 100 plus hour quest, in that time ive done 93 shrines, beaten gannon 3 times, done a plethora of side quests, got all the memories, met memorable characters all across hyrule. This game is special to me, maybe even one of my favorites of all time, up along side personal classics to me like super mario world, majoras mask, banjo kazooie, mass effect, and ff7.

Top Bottom