• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

So I have realized that recreating The Pit in Minecraft is actually going to be pretty tough, so I'm either just gonna hold out until Creative mode is released (Well, hopefully it gets released), or just make a very crude version of it.

zap

Mindless noise...lol, I couldn't believe I wasn't even in the top 20 posting activity in the last one, then I remembered I rarely say anything anymore...

I like to read (or at least skim) every post to check for news and discussion, but now we have most people just talking about anything except Halo...

At least KyleJ's posts are Halo related at all times (and pretty funny) I would read a hundred KyleJ's rather than 10 crappy 'nothing' posts.

Kyle gets all the hate, but we get a couple of pages of people putting 'ham' into gamertags and no-one says a thing?

TheOddOne

I like to read (or at least skim) every post to check for news and discussion, but now we have most people just talking about anything except Halo...

At least KyleJ's posts are Halo related at all times (and pretty funny) I would read a hundred KyleJ's rather than 10 crappy 'nothing' posts.

Kyle gets all the hate, but we get a couple of pages of people putting 'ham' into gamertags and no-one says a thing?
To be fair, we don't have much to discuss.

Reach sucks, Halo 4's COD ambitions are questionable and we have seen jack shit of the campaign.

FyreWulff

I'm so bad at Halo that it's hard for me to stay on topic.

More fun to watch neckbeards be salty than it is to get Inheritowned in Team Slayer and dashboard out of Prisoner, because fuck Prisoner

Seriously, I would have taken Turf at this point, even if it was mostly made for 3 Plots. All the other maps were solid choices for remakes, and then you get to Prisoner and it's like "this map goes against everything Bungie learned didn't work in 2 and 3 and Reach"

There's the new OT. Hi guys.

ibaPiheliC4UR.gif

This sums up the new thread pretty much.

How are people still so salty about HaloGAF going off topic all the time?

There is literally nothing that hasn't already been covered a thousand times to talk about. Not until we get more Halo 4 news. Like come on, most of us here are friends so it's not too wild that some people use it as more a social gathering thread until we have something substantial to discuss.

And I thought I was the grumpy old fart.

heckfu

Banned

There is literally nothing that hasn't already been covered a thousand times to talk about. Not until we get more Halo 4 news. Like come on, most of us here are friends so it's not too wild that some people use it as more a social gathering thread until we have something substantial to discuss.

have we covered no dedicated servers yet? i dont think we have.

No one wants to talk about OSTs man :(

let's talk about perks and stuff!

funny-gifs-apple-fans-should-probably-avert-their-eyes.gif

axb1pj.gif

We already did. Everyone was posting their favorite tracks on youtube. It went on for pages. We did it. It's done.
In Hydranockz' context OST means Oral sexual treatment. I just want to let you know.

Edit.: And sorry to read that about your Hot Toy Iron Man statue. I hate when that kind of thing happens

Wait, what does OST actually mean?
Otters searching tits.

I just ripped the entire Halo 4 soundtrack to a more portable format from the GIANT uncompressed files. Right now it's about 100 tracks of stuff. Obviously the OST will be way less than that, given variants and vignettes. We have an opportunity to work with some VERY amazing electronic musicians and one or two vocalists to do a second disc of remixes the OST disc would be 'pure' to avoid breaking any Benjamins. But I think it would be pretty badass.

But goddamn does Neil Davidge have good taste in 'instruments.' there are some sounds in this that I just can't stop getting goosebumps from. Especially given the fictional context for some of these moments.

We listen to these tracks on Mackie studio monitors and the amount of detail is absolutely insane. When I think about these getting jammed through stereo speakers on a TV (including mine in one room) I sob a little.
The remixes sounds pretty great. At least it will be better than Halo 2's volume 1 OST. Especially there is a different of remixes of the OST than tracks by famous rock bands which would fit the game.

In Hydranockz' context OST means Oral sexual treatment. I just want to let you know.

Edit.: And sorry to read that about your Hot Toy Iron Man statue. I hate when that kind of thing happens
Thanks, it's such a shame because the rest of the figure is gorgeous. Hopefully Sideshow can send me a replacement piece, I'll have to inquire. If not then I can buy a chest plate off of eBay. It'll be a pain in the ass, but I'll still come out ahead since I got the figure for a steal ($140 before taxes, MSRP is $210, dat comic book store employee discount).

And you never even pmed me to let me know? I'm not liking your comments on the facebook page anymore! >:[
Yeah, well, I'll start my own HaloGAF group, with Blackjack and Hookers! In fact, forget the group!

But really, it was a few OTs ago. It was a time of peace and prosperity for HaloGAF. I remember it well.

It all started with this.

I regret making those .gifs.

Don't regret making them, but even as someone that has watched everything, I gotta agree with people opposing the posting of them.

They may seem innocent GIFs to us, but to those that haven't seen season 2, or any of it, they usually hold at least some spoilers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Don't regret making them, but even as someone that has watched everything, I gotta agree with people opposing the posting of them.

They may seem innocent GIFs to us, but to those that haven't seen season 2, or any of it, they usually hold at least some spoilers.
I was talking about the Halo .gifs.

FyreWulff

So I have realized that recreating The Pit in Minecraft is actually going to be pretty tough, so I'm either just gonna hold out until Creative mode is released (Well, hopefully it gets released), or just make a very crude version of it.

We should start a world and just try to make a bunch of Halo multiplayer maps in it, like if they were for some reason right next to each other.

Need to find a good Halo-related seed to start it off on.

We already got that though, the month long coverage from Gameinformer and the reveal trailer for Halo 4. We are in for another dry spill till E3, back to Reach heathens.
Didn't Frankie tell us there could be one or two small bits of information after all the IGN coverage had happened? I could have sworn it was just last week that he said that. Could be the toy stuff I guess.
We should start a world and just try to make a bunch of Halo multiplayer maps in it, like if they were for some reason right next to each other.

Need to find a good Halo-related seed to start it off on.
If they turned out really well, then you'd just be depressed that you couldn't actually play Halo on them.

Top Bottom