• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which SFV newcomer do you think will stand the test of time?

kikiribu

One, ain't nothing in street fighter natural human anatomy.

You should get out and experience more. I'm Cuban, I actually have women in my family that have Laura's body type. Brazilians/Latinas in general are basically known for their curves and proportions. Nothing about Laura looks unnatural to me, except her hands, which Capcom exaggerated on purpose on every character.

But two, T-Shirt and SHorts, however you want to down play it.

Its a shitty outfit. All of her outfits are shitty except her beach one.Oh wait, her Sports outfit is also not shit. So she's got 2/4 good to shit outfit ratio
I like her Story alt. It's simple and minimal, which I prefer over busy costumes. Explain to me why I should dislike it again? Underboob and legs don't offend me. Again, t-shirt and shorts, regardless of how short they are, that is what they are, and they do exist. Ever been to a beach, by the way?

Village

You should get out and experience more. I'm Cuban, I actually have women in my family that have Laura's body type. Brazilians/Latinas in general are basically known for their curves and proportions. Nothing about Laura looks unnatural to me, except her hands, which Capcom exaggerated on purpose on every character.
She's literally a cartoon character with purposefully exaggerated proportions and lightning powers.

But hey, i'm not gonna stop you from saying what your saying. You can keep saying it, i'll just keep pointing at the cartoon character.

I like her Story alt. It's simple and minimal, which I prefer over busy costumes. Explain to me why I should dislike it again? Underboob and legs don't offend me. Again, t-shirt and shorts, regardless of how short they are, that is what they are, and they do exist. Ever been to a beach, by the way?
You have the right to like it

Why you should, I can't tell you that, Why I do? Because its rather lame, while I have do have an issue with SF's in general disproportionate amount of " woman who have to be sexy and woman who don't have to be" and I would like more variety. In idea, I don't mind sexy outfits, but this one is shitty. Most of her outfits are visually uninteresting, instead of making an actual interesting outfit that's also sexy, they just went lowest common denominator sexy. Its... trashy I guess, and not in a good way.

It also doesn't even have the excuse of being a simple out fit or normal clothing because ed has a simple outfit his story outfit, and its normal clothes and its good and stylish. But if you want a sexier example, look at the swim suits , they are great. Interesting designs that complement each character, even laura's that has a small lore element to it. While also being sexy.

So I can't tell why you shouldn't like it. That's up to you

Why I don't like it, is because its trashy and shitty with like no, at least from a design aspect, seemingly not much effort

Also I have been to a beach yes, recently infact. Why do you ask?

Ninjimbo

Rashid, Laura, and Kolin.

All unique characters in terms of style and contributors to the lore.

Abigail has potential. His stupidity and his overwhelming power are already oddly endearing.

Neoxon

Abigail has potential. His stupidity and his overwhelming power are already oddly endearing.
I'm not sure if Laura would contribute that much to the lore beyond Sean's character arc, especially compared to Ed (with him bringing an entirely new organization with him).

2bNwR4a_d.jpg
chances of Gorilla Grodd and female Ed becoming playable in SFV?

LakeEarth

What? The complete summation of her contribution to the Street Fighter lore is "Sean has an older sister".

Momentary

Banned
I feel like the only reason people actually like Laura is because they think she's hot. Her personality is just obnoxious and she doesn't even do much of anything in the plot.

I like her because she has a bad ass moveset that also feels natural for me to use during gameplay. I think she's attractive, but I'm more akin to say she looks more like a badass. As a matter of fact I'm not a fan of her more revealing outfits. I do love her battle alt though. Makes her look like a tough mixed martial artist.

Flink

T-shirt and shorts...oh the horror.

Elena is wearing even less clothes.

Why are you body shaming Laura just because her bust size is bigger? Natural human anatomy, how does it work.

Yes, just your everyday jeans and tee. See people at work wearing this constantly.

I didn't say anything about her bust size or body. You did.

Gorilla is tops, but there ain't enough love for triangle beard-hair dagger man, I need to see that clusterfuck in 3D, he's even got a bit of the FANG gangly-ness going on.

Blueblur1

chances of Gorilla Grodd and female Ed becoming playable in SFV?

Street Fighter's Overwatch.

That staff wielding lady is the only new character I really really want in SFV.

Maybe she's another newcomer they're working on. Hopefully she's not totally blonde if they ever introduce her. Put some pink highlights or something crazy in her hair so she's not the 11th blonde character in SFV.

JusDoIt

Laura is eternal. Aesthetically she's a thick ass Afro-Brazilian with funky half-cornrows, lorewise she's basically the Royce Gracie of the Street Fighter universe, and gameplay-wise she's a unique rushdown grappler with a slow fireball. She'll be around for as long as Street Fighter is around.

kikiribu

She's literally a cartoon character with purposefully exaggerated proportions and lightning powers.

But hey, i'm not gonna stop you from saying what your saying. You can keep saying it, i'll just keep pointing at the cartoon character.

You have the right to like it

Why you should, I can't tell you that, Why I do? Because its rather lame, while I have do have an issue with SF's in general disproportionate amount of " woman who have to be sexy and woman who don't have to be" and I would like more variety. In idea, I don't mind sexy outfits, but this one is shitty. Most of her outfits are visually uninteresting, instead of making an actual interesting outfit that's also sexy, they just went lowest common denominator sexy. Its... trashy I guess, and not in a good way.

It also doesn't even have the excuse of being a simple out fit or normal clothing because ed has a simple outfit his story outfit, and its normal clothes and its good and stylish. But if you want a sexier example, look at the swim suits , they are great. Interesting designs that complement each character, even laura's that has a small lore element to it. While also being sexy.

So I can't tell why you shouldn't like it. That's up to you

Why I don't like it, is because its trashy and shitty with like no, at least from a design aspect, seemingly not much effort

Also I have been to a beach yes, recently infact. Why do you ask?
?

This is just an overly long version of the exact same thing you said earlier, so again, get out and experience more. Maybe travel a bit? Since you're basically saying that thicc, curvy Brazilian/Latina women like Laura exist only in cartoons. Seriously, go see the world.

Laura is eternal. Aesthetically she's a thick ass Afro-Brazilian with funky half-cornrows, lorewise she's basically the Royce Gracie of the Street Fighter universe, and gameplay-wise she's a unique rushdown grappler with a slow fireball. She'll be around for as long as Street Fighter is around.
JusPreach

MrCarter

So you think that's a normal t shirt and shorts get up huh?

Don't leave the house and see much more than anime and Japanese video game characters I'd imagine. The design is amateur, pervy, fan service Otaku oriented trash, as is the character.

I think what's trash is your post. What's not "normal" for you might be "normal" for someone else in this world so try to think outside of the box. There are a lot of Brazilian women who wear casual clothes (although slightly less exaggerated) like Laura and I don't see why they shouldn't because it's too "pervy" for men to look at. Capcom definitely needs to create more outfits though that doesn't necessarily get her arse and tits out.

Laura probably.

Surprised to see this many Fang fans. I think he is was one of the the worst fighting game character designs aesthetically.

Zackat

You could make FANG a blob of nothing and he would be cool with his theme song alone.

Fortunately, he has that evil kungfu master vibe. I always thought he was a really interesting character. I just cannot play him for my life.

I could see Laura being left behind in a future SF installment.

Nah Laura is perfect for merchandise like statues, figures, poster, comics, etc. Juri is a merchandise monster which is probably one of the reasons why they brought her back for V. Even if SF game IP dies tomorrow the merch will continue. You can really see who is popular this time around too by who is getting skins, Capcom ain't spending any money on skins for characters that won't sell.

Rashid, personally. Mainly because he's the first Middle-eastern character in the game's history. Even though his personality is the most anime thing in the world.

Thinking about it now though, I'm sure anyone is viable so long as the next game has a better art style.

Nah Laura is perfect for merchandise like statues, figures, poster, comics, etc. Juri is a merchandise monster which is probably one of the reasons why they brought her back for V. Even if SF game IP dies tomorrow the merch will continue.

You say Laura is a merch monster but to this day there are no commercially releases statues or action figures of her :/

There's even a SFV figuarts line and the only newcomer represented is Rashid.

You say Laura is a merch monster but to this day there are no commercially releases statues or action figures of her :/

There's even a SFV figuarts line and the only newcomer represented is Rashid.

Nah Juri is the merch monster you see her on everything and anything they can make. Laura will eventually get a kotobukiya statue at least. Battle Costume Chun-Li is starting to get merch and gaining popularity pretty quick though with good reason.

Blueblur1

If Laura's only appearance is SFV then I will stan for the game like CountBlack does for IV

I can respect dat

Nah Laura is perfect for merchandise like statues, figures, poster, comics, etc. Juri is a merchandise monster which is probably one of the reasons why they brought her back for V. Even if SF game IP dies tomorrow the merch will continue. You can really see who is popular this time around too by who is getting skins, Capcom ain't spending any money on skins for characters that won't sell.

She is figure material and she is more appealing than Hakan and Rufus. But holy hell she is one of the most boring characters. Between Rashid and the others I have a hard time seeing her come back. Maye she'd be a SFVI DLC character.

Top Bottom