• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Horizon (the moon base from Overwatch where Winston's from) map incoming?

Plesiades

Time to bring in Poopy Joe.
Poopyjoe.png

About fucking time for a new map, 2 over a year for a game this big is pathetic.

Let's hope it's up on the ptr by next Tuesday and it's not sombra'd.

Also could go for an evil ape hero

Also I hope Winston gets themed map legendaries added to the regular pool like Rein's eichenwalde armor.

Probably not gonna happen though cause no one got anything for Oasis and Blizzard has pretty much given up on adding skins that aren't event items.

Symphonic

Also I hope Winston gets themed map legendaries added to the regular pool like Rein's eichenwalde armor.

Probably not gonna happen though cause no one got anything for Oasis and Blizzard has pretty much given up on adding skins that aren't event items.

Sym's skin for the anniversary is Oasis themed

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

He already has the Horizon skin, though, so probably not.

Sym's skin for the anniversary is Oasis themed
Timed, 3k coins, didn't launch with oasis, no lore background to it like Rein's. Not similar.
He already has the Horizon skin, though, so probably not.
I mean Rein already had plenty of armor lol, they could think of something. But yeah.

What I'm hoping for: a new payload map on the moon base that goes to ptr within the month and includes at least 1 Winston legendary skin added to the regular pool along with an evil ape hero.

What I'm expecting: none of that

Blues1990

A female gorilla that has tolterian tendencies and is very Ceaser-like would be a fun contrast to play towards the optimisict, dorky Winston. In either case, I hope the Lunar Map will offer some cosmetic content that isn't timelocked, as the game desperately needs it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Terry Crews voicing a (assumedly) loud-mouthed, chimp character is uh....

Yeah.

kirblar

What do we know about Hammond?
Hammond is not a Gorilla, otherwise he'd be locked up w/ the others. Hammond is another, smaller type of animal. One that people aren't very concerned about having walk around the facility.
In fact, Hammond is small enough to get through ventilation shafts and ducts.

This might be a longshot, but.... could we dream? https://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-director-talks-abandoned-cat-hero-patchi/1100-6449176/

Have you ever thought about making a cat hero? Surely the Internet would love that.

The answer is yes. This is an exclusive, no one has ever heard this before, but when we were first starting to make Overwatch we had to test the boundaries. It was a new IP and we didn't know how far or wide we could go, so Winston was kind of this cornerstone in a lot of ways. It was like, "Hey there's a gorilla and he talks, is that okay? Yeah, that's okay." Then on the other end of the spectrum you've got guys like Soldier 76 who is a soldier guy and they were good bookends. But we had explored much further out from that.

We had done a lot of concepting. We had one hero who was just a hockey player. Literally a hockey player. We later made a Lucio skin for a hockey player. But he was just a hockey player hero. Then there was this one hero that was a huge internal debate on the team because we just loved it so much but it didn't make it. It was this jetpack and it had this cat that laid in it, like a cat does. Then every once in awhile it would paw at the controls. It was a cat in a jetpack.

That was one of those moments that helped define Overwatch. We just went, "Yeah that's probably too far." But yes. We had a cat hero.

Tusk

A moon map would be awesome, and a new animal character would be too. The game needs more non-humans.

Top Bottom