• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Seda

I've been playing Birth by Sleep on PS4. Did they make the minigames (like Ice Cream Beat) a lot easier than they were in the PS3 version? I remembered struggling a bit more there.

I've been playing Birth by Sleep on PS4. Did they make the minigames (like Ice Cream Beat) a lot easier than they were in the PS3 version? I remembered struggling a bit more there.

Maybe you're just getting better at useless minigames, Seda. I remember playing a buttload of Ice Cream Beat when the game came out. I think i played it exclusively for a while.

Tsunamo

It's about the same i'd say. The 60 helps for imputs I guess though.

Psxphile

It was 60fps on the original PSP game for just that section. Maybe the PS3 version was 30 locked and it messed with your inputs

It wasn't. 60fps in every iteration. Well, Ice Cream Beat was. Can't vouch for Fruit volleyball and Disney-fied Wipeout.

I will add that overall, I thought ICB on PS3 was significantly easier on PS3 than on PSP. I've yet to play it on PS4 though.

Malyse

tumblr_onqfq2pZhM1v69oswo1_1280.png

RELEASE DATE LEAKED!

So has anyone here listened to some of the Shimomura-styled fanmade songs by BlueNctrn?

Hunchback of Notre Dame Field/Battle (field is based off Bells of Notre Dame, battle is original)
Tangled Field/Battle (field is based off of Flower Gleam and Glow, battle is slightly based off of Mother Knows Best)
Frozen Field/Battle (field is slightly based off of First Time in Forever, battle is based off of Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?)

The guy is surprisingly talented; the Frozen songs are especially impressive. It also makes me wish that Shimomura would do her own covers of more Disney songs than she has (Hunchback of Notre Dame was practically screaming for this, really).

Sölf

Finally got my hands on 2.8 and finished 0.2 today on Proud mode and am currently playing it on Critical mode. It's a really cool game with an awesome endboss and holy shit that final boss theme! <3
But yo, some of those "missions" can go and die in a fire. Especially the one to beat Darkside without taking damage. These fucking falling orbs totally destroy each and every of my attempts. >_>

zeemumu

Sölf;234537267 said:
Finally got my hands on 2.8 and finished 0.2 today on Proud mode and am currently playing it on Critical mode. It's a really cool game with an awesome endboss and holy shit that final boss theme! <3
But yo, some of those "missions" can go and die in a fire. Especially the one to beat Darkside without taking damage. These fucking falling orbs totally destroy each and every of my attempts. >_>

I like the demon tide boss in theory, but as far as the actual boss fight goes it felt a little tedious. Overall I enjoyed 0.2 though and it hurt a little to go back to the old magic system because the new system flows so much better.

Going through DDD on 2.8 made me realize how little I was paying attention to the story when I played through it on the 3DS despite going through twice.

Sölf

The Demon Tide on Critical is definitly something. Well, I am done anyway. Was looking for that last chest in the Mirror World for over an hour and then just looked up where it is. This optional "Arena", holy shit. I am probably underleveled as fuck at the moment (level 62), so I will level a bit before I try that again. Only managed to see P2 on the fifth round once... xD

Demon Tide and Shadow Aqua both feel like they'd be more interesting bosses if Aqua had a bigger set of tools with which to take them on (and if they did a better job of using telegraphs and tells instead of patterns). 0.2 doesn't have enough meaningful upgrades in it.

I actually like Vanitas's Remnant more than I like Shadow Aqua, honestly.

Famassu

Demon Tide will probably be repeated in KHIII proper considering the very first KHIII trailer had it in it and I imagine Sora's full ability set will make it more manageable, perhaps even way too easy & effortless.

Demon Tide will probably be repeated in KHIII proper considering the very first KHIII trailer had it in it and I imagine Sora's full ability set will make it more manageable, perhaps even way too easy & effortless.

Definitely, it seems like one of those things Nomura wanted to do before but was held back by system limitations, I mean huge heartless battles barely ever happened and if they did you only had a limited amount of heartless which you could actually attack. All heartless become easy and effortless the further you get into games.

The upgraded Darkside probably should've been 0.2's final boss, to be honest.

And yeah, Demon Tide/Wall with Aerial Dodge and Glide would be vastly easier.

Tsunamo

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/6a1oha/the_worst_possible_leak_kh3/

Brief summary:

Nomura seems more interested in what will happen after KH3 before the own KH3. As you may know KH2, BBS and 3D had a lot of cut content, so there might be KH3 planned content cut from the game.

KH3 development team was obsessed with releasing a trailer before April and launch it at end of year with cuts.

And, to the surprise of no one, all this is Versus 13 (before FFXV) fault.

E3 presentation is almost confirmed and Nomura should be at the event in some way or another.

Also, Nomura's perfectionism doesn't seem to haste the development process

The sad thing is I can believe all of this. Well at least we'll get a E3 trailer. I think the Versus thing was more of a mis-translation and they meant it's going down the path of Versus. (too ambitious and taking forever)

DKHF

I think this guy is making this up (as most did here the last time he "leaked" KH3 info). His supposed "correct leaks" in the past he mentioned last time were: TLOU2 being announced at PSX which he tweeted after shinobi602 already leaked it showing up (and Jose never even mentioned it being at PSX as far as I can see, just it coming in 2019 which anyone could guess and still isn't confirmed) and that Switch is getting Metroid, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem in 2018 (also anyone could guess this).

It makes no sense a Spanish journalist for a relatively small Spanish site has full knowledge of the development process of a AAA game being developed in Japan.

There's also the fact that all of this is very easy to be "right" about. If KH3 has a trailer at E3 with 2018 at the end people will see that as confirmation of this lmao. And if KH3 comes out in 2018 and it's not seen as unfinished he can suddenly say "plans changed, they were able to pull it together". And sadly this probably made up rumour will blow up soon when TheGamersJoint makes a video about it.

Ydelnae

Not confirming the info or saying that it's legit, but that guy indeed has a source/multiple sources and he doesn't make things up.

DKHF

Not confirming the info or saying that it's legit, but that guy indeed has a source and he doesn't make things up.
Do you have links to things he has undoubtedly been right about? Or any info you can share that proves his validity?

What he's saying is plausible I'm just reluctant to believe he knows all this considering his position.

Famassu

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/6a1oha/the_worst_possible_leak_kh3/

The sad thing is I can believe all of this. Well at least we'll get a E3 trailer. I think the Versus thing was more of a mis-translation and they meant it's going down the path of Versus. (too ambitious and taking forever)
Path of Versus was "announced too early and other problematic big projects taking presedence". KHIII is just taking long because it's a big project. It wasn't announced too early, at least not in the same sense as Versus XIII was.

Ydelnae

Do you have links to things he has undoubtedly been right about? Or any info you can share that proves his validity?

What he's saying is plausible I'm just reluctant to believe he knows all this considering his position.

He has been given info for years, he only got a little mainstream attention recently since the TLOU2 post thing. I dont have time to dig up +3 year old tweets right now and I don't want to get too much involved in discussing his reliability, but things like a mobile TWEWY port with a sequel tease, LR, Tales of Symphonia HD, Versus not being cancelled and switching direction into XV (when the initial report about the game being canned got out) were teased by him as well. He also has made claims that did not turn out to be true.

I don't want to put my account at risk, so I don't want to discuss it anymore past this, but he doesn't make things up. You have to take into account that he has to condense info into 140 characters, to Spanish that will later be translated into English, which later leads to situations like people claiming that he said that Buzz Lightyear TV series would be a KH3 world, which he never said it would be the case.

But we should focus on official info and let claimed leaks, alleged info and stuff slide until E3, D23, TGS or whenever the game will show up next. I also want to make clear that I'm not coming up to defend him or claiming that we should trust him, I pretty much feel like we should ignore him even if he has sources.

DKHF

He has been given info for years, he only got a little mainstream attention recently since the TLOU2 post thing. I dont have time to dig up +3 year old tweets right now and I don't want to get too much involved in discussing his reliability, but things like a mobile TWEWY port with a sequel tease, LR, Tales of Symphonia HD, Versus not being cancelled and switching direction into XV (when the initial report about the game being canned got out) were teased by him as well. He also has made claims that did not turn out to be true and he has been right.

I don't want to put my account at risk, so I don't want to discuss it anymore past this, but he doesn't make things up. You have to take into account that he has to condense info into 140 characters, to Spanish that will later be translated into English, which later leads to situations like people claiming that he said that Buzz Lightyear TV series would be a KH3 world, which he never said it would be the case.

But we should focus on official info and let claimed leaks, alleged info and stuff slide until E3, D23, TGS or whenever the game will show up next. I also want to make clear that I'm not coming up to defend him or claiming that we should trust him, I pretty much feel like we should ignore him even if he has sources.
Thanks, I'm still mostly skeptical and some of those don't seem impossible to guess. But it seems you know something about him so... We'll see.

It's unfortunate that big YouTubers/fans who are covering this with Bing/Google translations seem to have already missed some of his intent with their poor machine translations. Like some are interpreting his point about the game having to release in 2018 as meaning the game will definitely be unfinished if it releases in 2018, when I've seen Spanish speakers point out he meant it could be unfinished if it releases in 2018, not that it definitely will be...

Tsunamo

Not confirming the info or saying that it's legit, but that guy indeed has a source/multiple sources and he doesn't make things up.
Yeah I think it's worth taking into account because he has a track record, but can easily be ignored and taken with a grain of salt still.
Path of Versus was "announced too early and other problematic big projects taking presedence". KHIII is just taking long because it's a big project. It wasn't announced too early, at least not in the same sense as Versus XIII was.
Yeah I know it's not quite the same, just trying to make sense of what was probably lost in translation.
And sadly this probably made up rumour will blow up soon when TheGamersJoint makes a video about it.
Only a matter of time before he does.

Lnds500

Posting the same comment from another forum.

After 0.2 I am preparing to be disappointed. The odds are stacked against KH3, it's as simple as that.

Lnds500

How, exactly? The odds aren't stacked against KHIII at all.

- Inexperienced team

- Nomura "overlooking" the project

- Engine problems, graphics style problems

- First HD game in the game (most things must be rethought from scratch - models, level design)

And I am not taking into account the problems it will have when it reaches the "casual" gamers.

Famassu

- Inexperienced team

- Nomura "overlooking" the project

- Engine problems, graphics style problems

- First HD game in the game (most things must be rethought from scratch - models, level design)

And I am not taking into account the problems it will have when it reaches the "casual" gamers.
Osaka team isn't inexperienced. They haven't done HD level games but they aren't some n00bs developing their first game. There's a reason why Nomura trusted KHIII eith them and considers Osaka Team the current/acting KH Team replacing the old one.

Not sure what's the problem with Nomura. He's been in the current position since forever. Tai Yasue is perfectly capable of performing the arrangement they've got set up.

Their engine problems seem to have been solved by this point with the move to UE4 and having had Epic help them during & after the transition. I don't see much "style" problems other than typical changes/improvements that most games go through as the development advances. That Sora & other character models weren't perfect early on is hardly a reason to worry. Otherwise 0.2 looked really good already and KHIII proper will surely be better, or at least more polished.

It is the first HD game and that has surely provided challenges. The good thing about KH is that the worlds are separate, so even with the larger environments in 3, they don't have to create a fully interconnected world, so that can help them a bit since they can make a singular environment with clear borders instead of having to try to create a single world with all regions traversable without loading screens. KHIII also doesn't seem to pretend to try to be "open world" so the level design can still be a bit tighter & limited and as such easier to manage from a decelopment POV.

Lnds500

Osaka team isn't inexperienced. They haven't done HD level games but they aren't some n00bs developing their first game.

So, we agree that they have no experience making AAA console games - let alone HD AAA. They are hence inexperienced in that department.

There's a reason why Nomura trusted KHIII eith them and considers Osaka Team the current/acting KH Team replacing the old one.

The reason being the old team doesn't exist and there was no alternative.

Not sure what's the problem with Nomura. He's been in the current position since forever. Tai Yasue is perfectly capable of performing the arrangement they've got set up.

I guess I am worried because KH2 had a "quality" that the games Yasue has been involved with lack. Floaty combat while Nomura's FFVII doesn't seem to have that problem based on trailers etc.

Their engine problems seem to have been solved by this point with the move to UE4 and having had Epic help them during & after the transition. I don't see much "style" problems other than typical changes/improvements that most games go through as the development advances. That Sora & other character models weren't perfect early on is hardly a reason to worry. Otherwise 0.2 looked really good already and KHIII proper will surely be better, or at least more polished.

Their engine problems haven't been resolved in the slightest. Nomura himself has said that they are having problem with the look of the game and are asking for advice from Visual Works. It's clear from the way the models look that they were having problem up until the release of 0.2. It remains to be seen if they are capable of fixing the models for 3.

Anyway I am anxiously waiting for E3 to actually see what they have been doing all these years and the progress they have made., but 0.2 as a whole was hardly comforting IMO.

To me it seems that the developers behind KH3 had a certain vision for this game but due to development stuggles they had to tone it down and just "get it done" in order to hit whatever deadline Square has set for them.

Hopefully E3 will prove me wrong.

Burbeting

Banned
If there is no substansial trailer for the game this E3 (aka. A trailer with at least 2-3 new worlds, finalised UI, cut-scenes that are completely voiced and modeled in japanese that weren't voiced just for the trailer), I think it'll be time to be really worried about the game.

Malyse

Y'all excited about the 3D [chi] remake? I heard a rumor that it's going to be ported to PS4 and Switch and still be turn based and that they will use lots of movie assets.

#e3rumors

DKHF

To me it seems that the developers behind KH3 had a certain vision for this game but due to development stuggles they had to tone it down and just "get it done" in order to hit whatever deadline Square has set for them.
If this rumour is even true, if they were originally meant to release it at the end of this year but now have been given until the end of 2018 and there's only a chance they have to make cuts, I don't see their vision for the game (which Nomura even described as "overwhelmingly big" last E3) being toned down very much. Again the rumour doesn't say it will definitely be unfinished if it releases in 2018, just that it could be. It could be that the overarching vision for the game will still be there just minus a few worlds and optional bosses/content originally planned. A bit more than has been cut from previous KH games but not that far from it and not something that feels super rushed/having a compromised vision.

Ydelnae

A late 2018 release would give us enough time to complete KH >3 featuring KH3D -volume two- with an UE4 playable Kairi episode, Union Cross Back Cover and BBS 0.2 Final Mix.

If this rumour is even true, if they were originally meant to release it at the end of this year but now have been given until the end of 2018 and there's only a chance they have to make cuts, I don't see their vision for the game (which Nomura even described as "overwhelmingly big" last E3) being toned down very much. Again the rumour doesn't say it will definitely be unfinished if it releases in 2018, just that it could be. It could be that the overarching vision for the game will still be there just minus a few worlds and optional bosses/content originally planned. A bit more than has been cut from previous KH games but not that far from it and not something that feels super rushed/having a compromised vision.

Looking forward to KH3FM in 2025, then :D

If this guy is right then Nomura should make a presentation at E3, right? I wonder if this means if Square will have their own conference, or Nomura will do a small presentation during E3.

Just saw TheGamersJoint video on the rumors. If true, Nomura being focused on the next KH before 3 is even out is the most Nomura shit ever.

Tsunamo

If this guy is right then Nomura should make a presentation at E3, right? I wonder if this means if Square will have their own conference, or Nomura will do a small presentation during E3.
Maybe they'll give him a video message or something to go with the trailer at Sonys conference like when they revealed it originally.

I know they have their usual E3 shows with interviews though, so if we don't get a conference probably something like that.

Just saw TheGamersJoint video on the rumors. If true, Nomura being focused on the next KH before 3 is even out is the most Nomura shit ever.
It really is. (and doesn't suprise me considering he's already been illuding to future stuff in Union X)
Y'all excited about the 3D [chi] remake? I heard a rumor that it's going to be ported to PS4 and Switch and still be turn based and that they will use lots of movie assets.

#e3rumors
I would actually love this.

Top Bottom