• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump press conference: Alt-left, Robert E. Lee = Washington, #NotAllAltRight

EDIT: The video still works. You can rewind it.

"I'm not finished, fake news."

"Define alt-right to me. No, define it for me. Define it for me. What about the alt-left that came charging at, as you say, the alt-right? Do they have any semblance of guilt? How about the fact that they came charging with clubs in their hands, swinging clubs? Do they have a problem? I think they do."

This is about to blow up. I'm furious.

EDIT: This press conference is a total disaster. Wow.

New York Times:

Mr. Trump repeated that assertion on Tuesday, criticizing ”alt-left" groups that he claimed were ”very, very violent" when they sought to confront the nationalist and Nazi groups that had gathered in Charlottesville, Virginia to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee from a park. He said there is ”blame on both sides."

”Many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee," Mr. Trump said. ”This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?"

Mr. Trump defended those gathered in the park to protest the statue's removal, saying, ”I've condemned neo-Nazis. I've condemned many different groups. Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch."

ZOONAMI

Lock if old

https://youtu.be/QGKbFA7HW-U

Shouting down reporters like he's a dictator, calling reporters fake news, defending statue of Robert e Lee, it's disgusting. Saying more both sides at fault, that alt-left charged alt-right with clubs. Asked for defenition of alt right. Saying both sides the same.

Glix

What a fucking scumbag piece of shit.

If there is one concept that truly defines Washington it is restraint.

He would be appalled at Trump. Just utterly reviled.

As I am.

MechaX

This fucker has the biggest compulsions to dig his own hole even further with everything in his fucking life.

Like, why even say anything like this

Previous

check out my new Swatch
1lhy5Yr.gif

ZOONAMI

Shouting down reporters like he's a dictator, calling reporters fake news, defending statue of Robert e Lee, it's disgusting. Saying more both sides at fault, that alt-left charged alt-right with clubs. Asked for defenition of alt right. Saying both sides the same.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit.

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but still 🤕

This might be his worst press conference yet.

How low will he go?

Holy shit.

I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but still ��

I know, I just complained to someone that was surprised by Trump arguing he shouldn't surprise you anymore.

Then Trump said something so crazy, I was surprised.

Kephar

Comparing traitors to the founding fathers is more than a little ridiculous.

Trump becoming even more unhinged every day. Hopefully America will learn their lesson after him.

He's so much more defensive than usual he really sounds like he is about to completely lose it.

C.Mongler

Hey look, he's walking back his shitty teleprompter speech from yesterday that nobody, even the fucking Nazis, thought was earnest.

Top Bottom