• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport PSX 2016 Trailer

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Hype for GTS must be at its lowest stage right now, if Knack2's thread is like three times bigger then this one :(

Hope they make a good game again.

Sebmugi

The first announcement is scary to many people for sure...
But quantity does not make quality proof with Knack2's thread XD

The hype around GTS will quickly go up now

Sebmugi

some jpeg shoot

1480843784-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-047.jpg

1480843800-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-061.jpg

1480843840-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-157.jpg

1480843827-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-091.jpg

1480843853-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-107.jpg

1480843867-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-136.jpg

1480843867-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-094.jpg

1480843871-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-131.jpg

1480843874-gran-turismo-sport-2016-12-03-16-158.jpg

During the gameplay unveil there we saw the words "Seattle Short" on stream with track times. But the track never was actually shown or even hinted at outside of that. It was bizarre to say the least. But it's worth noting that when PD brought Midfield back for GT6 they noted that Seattle was also one of the highly requested tracks.

Anyway, it's great to finally get a classic style GT trailer. The other trailers had hints of it, but there was always something off. This is the first one to really hit all the right notes

gtskdst0.gif

All we need now is a Daiko Kasho song ;___;

I don't even have words...

I just wish this had a proper career mode. Since I don't even touch online racing, it pains me that I'll probably have to skip this game

They've had an extra 1.5 years of dev. There could be some major changes.

kvn

That trailer spread way more GT charm and vibe for me than all the others. If they offer enough SP content, I'm in. Thought the tail lights at night at ~1:58 looked incredible.

Looking good now but it's hard to get really hyped as we don't know if its December 31st 2017 or are we expecting it in the first half of 2017?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Why would they have to? What does VR have to do with anything when VR isnt running?

You can make any game run in VR, look at driveclub, you just take the razor to graphical features till it runs.

It takes time and resources and if you do not do it very well gamers will just loudly complain online and generate negative word of mouth... but people do not want yet another delay... do not want PS4 Pro exclusivity for the VR mode... etc... specific cars and tracks for VR is not a bad compromise at this time.

I'm not expecting the game any time soon. The original release date was pretty much now, right? Early December? And now they're still just saying '2017'. At this point I'm just watching GT7 disappear over the horizon; they could win me back for Sport if there's enough singleplayer content, but I don't want to race online.

DieH@rd

Banned
4K trailer from Gamersyde looks amazing.

But I still want the motion blur to be present during gameplay on Pro.

synce

Looks great and it doesn't have to hit 30fps to do it. GT is back. Now please, fix the loading times from GT5/6

cooldawn

Has potential, but their trailers are always 10x better than the actual game is. Plus it's all riding on a locked 60fps framerate, which they have failed to hit far too often. Let's see if Kaz actually delivers this time.
While this trailer looks beautiful, I doubt in-game racing will look anywhere near this level. It seems to be mostly either CGI or replay segments, or a mix of both. Either way, it looks beautiful. Hoping for some in-game footage from this weekend.
These trailers usually look like game replays i.e. more effects and aliasing. 10x better is hyperbole.

Also this game, like all others, will not be locked 60fps. That's never going to happen.

Damage models in racing sims are just shit.

I turn it off in forza, since it looks like warped plastic and a scuffed paint job. real damage would probably impact frame rate.
Yep...and let's not forget what happened with Gran Turismo 5. They tried procedural damage and removed it because of the 'complainers'. That pissed me off. By now it would have been refined.

It's a horrible situation gamers seem happy with what other racing games are doing. Damage in racing games is nothing like realistic but that's what gamers want so they only have themselves to blame.

For a racing game: FPS > Resolution > Graphics details.

For marketing/hype: Graphics details > Resolution > FPS

Pretty obvious why even when the industry hasn't widely achieved 1080p@60fps we are already looking at 4k.
For me it's frame-rate > visuals > resolution. You can't polish a turd with higher resolution, but you can make it look better with crafting.

Pjsprojects

Looks better every time I see new footage but will it really release in 2017 and will the gameplay pull me away from Forza?

magawolaz

The 4K version is only running at 30fps, sadly.
Ah sorry, can't see the 4K version.
Gamersyde should have 4K/60fps stream and download options: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_gran_turismo_sport_psx_2016_trailer-38804_en.html

I don't even have words...

I just wish this had a proper career mode. Since I don't even touch online racing, it pains me that I'll probably have to skip this game
No career mode, but you should try online racing - preferably with other gaffers, it's just a better experience all around. Same goes for other sims, I never even touched pCars/AC offline modes

The only letdowns are lack of classic cars and that the dirt track looks like crap. Other than that, Jesus effing Christ, it looks like real life, or better rather.
They unveiled ~half of the cars, there might be some surprises. Although they'll probably focus on classic racing cars

It's just like the previous GT trailers. They just add super sampling or something similar to clean up the image quality.
Pre-PS4 GT Trailers were rendered offline, kinda like PS3 Uncharted cutscenes. The GTS E3 trailer was in real time captured from replays, this one could be the same (from a PS4 Pro most likely).
Replays should only have added blur and depth of field, and of course cool camera angles

Someone gif the part with the cars at evening in Nurb, with the lights reflecting from the track.....never seen a videogame nail that look as well.

cyber_ninja

Hype for GTS must be at its lowest stage right now, if Knack2's thread is like three times bigger then this one :(

Hope they make a good game again.

They did it to themselves with endless delays and removal of single player career mode. I went from OMFG GT is back to i barely care about this game anymore. And I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who feels that way.

Scrawnton

They did it to themselves with endless delays and removal of single player career mode. I went from OMFG GT is back to i barely care about this game anymore. And I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who feels that way.
I'm right there with you. If the game has no single player content then I'm not touching it. I put 80 hours into Forza Horizon 3 and never once did an online match.

test_account

XP-39C²
Weird putting stuff like HDR as new features into a trailer. That will be pretty much standard for upcoming releases, no? Maybe not as weird as promoting their photomode like last time haha

Still want a proper GT7 but I can wait.
Why is it weird if its a new feature? Its true that HDR becomes more common, but its still a new thing in games and this is the first GT game that uses it, so i dont see why they wouldnt advertise it, especially in a game that is known for graphics =)

Audioboxer

Wouldn't count on it. I think they already said there would be different time of day settings, this is just our first look.

Meh, pathetic if so. For PD to go backwards and have less features than GT5 just isn't acceptable.

Besides their stupidly long and seemingly unfocused development timescales, some insanely pretty photo modes ain't going to cut it for me Kaz. I used to defend PD as perfectionists, but their last ~5+ years of output has been so poor by industry standards. Either they shape up and adapt to the industry and possibly even outsourcing, or they continue to burn long time fans good will.

DieH@rd

Banned
Looks phenomenal. Still no hype though.

Any PS4 Pro details? 4K 60fps?

Yes, higher res, 60fps, HDR, and assets authored to take into the account wide color gamut [this will be the first racing game that will really show the true color of the Ferrari paint].

You can download 4K trailer from Gamersyde.

Makikou

They fucking nailed the sounds of those GT3 cars. I grew up at the Nurburgring and visit the VLN races as often as I can, and this is how they should sound.

You guys have no idea how happy I am right now.

Uhhh no. They don't. They lack the aggressiveness.
The Merc-AMG GT3 sounds okay when onboard and going past the cameras.. But it's not rumbling.

Also on the Corvette C7R GTLM video, the V8 is waaaayy off. It has some correct samples but going full bore it sounds completely wrong. No rumbling or the normal V8 noises happening.

Corvette comparison:
https://youtu.be/IFvwNwjn6SM?t=38s
https://youtu.be/DE0wgFE7KUI?t=1m46s

bud

the audio during the replays sounds the same as before: vacuum cleaners recorded in a hollow room.

i've officially given up on the audio side of gran turismo.

no more worries.

i feel liberated.

finally.

edit: the corvette replay sounds much better than the other one.

Top Bottom