• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport PSX 2016 Trailer

Makikou

the audio during the replays sounds the same as before: vacuum cleaners recorded in a hollow room.

i've officially given up on the audio side of gran turismo.

no more worries.

i feel liberated.

finally.

edit: the corvette replay sounds much better than the other one.

For real the Corvette replay is a worse offender than the Merc-AMG (not counting the other cars on the Merc replay)

Woodchipper

Well, for the first time since Gran Turismo 3 they are once again setting the bar when it comes to graphics. I guess that's something.

Oh, and the sounds are still not great I think, but they're getting there, finally.

I think I'm in.

1mluq1.gif

2svuyx.gif

3z3uds.gif

I guess we've reached a point where we need the GT marker to ensure people are actually posting gameplay gifs and not real life race footage.

Servbot24

Banned
Is this the best game graphically right now? the lighting in particular is insane.

Yeah it is. Hard to say if it's the most technically advanced since racing games have an obvious advantage over an open world game or something like that, but it definitely has the best final result imo.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I know this is utterly ridiculous to say at this point but looking at this trailer I can't help but imagine what GT will look like on PS5..

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Incredibly disappointed they didn't continue using realtime footage like the previous clips. Let's be honest it won't look this good.

Unless they have a single player campaign this is most certainly going to be a pass.

Tunned

Awesome trailer, but no career mode a la GT3 or GT4 means i'll pass like I did on GT5 (bought it and did not like it) and 6.

Honestly, I found the trailer dull. The brief in-car view in the pitlane, and the reflecting headlights at the 'ring looked fantastic, but the rest was just racing replays. Previous GT trailers used to set the bar, but this just seemed by the numbers. The graphics look great, but that alone doesn't make a good trailer.

Engine and tyre sounds seems much better in this trailer, gameplay will confirm if true
I'm at the point now where I simply don't believe them when they say it. I'll believe it when I hear it for myself.

Can't speak for everyone, but the delay especially hurt the hype for me.
You must be new to the GT series :)

I've never really understood the sentiment that 'this game looks amazing! Unless it doesn't release by Dec 2016, in which case it's shit!" It seems to be a surprisingly common sentiment, to the point where devs will actively release an unfinished game rather than delay it (e.g. NMS), which hurts everyone I think. I'd rather devs take longer and put out an amazing game.

That longer trailer is just nuts! Hype meter firmly heading skywards!!
Longer trailer?

Also this game, like all others, will not be locked 60fps. That's never going to happen.
Maybe in 1080p on the Pro?

Uhhh no. They don't. They lack the aggressiveness.
I know what you mean, I had to put an exhaust down once because it was so passive. My most recent one I used to starve a bit, and occasionally beat. That seemed to do the trick, and now it has the requisite level of aggression.

Well, for the first time since Gran Turismo 3 they are once again setting the bar when it comes to graphics. I guess that's something.
Personally, I think every GT game has set the bar with regard to graphics, with the possible exception of GT6 (and maybe even then).

Dave_6

Yes the sounds are better but still too digital IMO. That's something that hopefully they will continue to work on and then update.

Other than that, holy shit is it a looker :O I have a Pro but I'm gonna have to pony up quicker than I thought and get a LG OLED. Can't imagine what this would look like on one of those.

cooldawn

Maybe in 1080p on the Pro?

Personally, I think every GT game has set the bar with regard to graphics, with the possible exception of GT6 (and maybe even then).
No...I mean competing racing games in general. Rock-solid 60fps just doesn't happen (even if a video shows it does for, like, 3 or 5 minutes of footage) - such a small percentage of a racing game).

Also, I agree. Gran Turismo 5 looks better than 6. This, however, is just insane.

The environment doesn't look too hot tho. Honestly I'm not sure it looks that great overall, certainly not as nice as the trailer, as usual for this company.
Name me a racing game...in fact any game that looks as good as this? Replays always look better. It's never been any different.

gogogow

Cars looks great as usual, not surprising, their focus are always on the cars. The environments obviously suffered because of that. The trees, while improved, are just higher res cutout cardboards that are not influenced by wind or cars. It just looks odd when you see ultra realistic cars driving around and then those super static trees.

Cars looks great as usual, not surprising, their focus are always on the cars. The environments obviously suffered because of that. The trees, while improved, are just higher res cutout cardboards that are not influenced by wind or cars. It just looks odd when you see ultra realistic cars driving around and then those super static trees.
All the nearby trees were 3D on previous showings, looks like something had to give.

Graphics are unbelievable, sound is still laughable. Yep, it's a GT game.

Fix the fucking sound Kaz! Maybe cut your personal 2017 racing budget in half, and hire a bigger and more competent sound department. It's fucking ridiculous at this point. Why doesn't he take that aspect of the game seriously?
Graphics are really good. It feels weird listening to that PS2 sound while watching lifelike graphics.

Noobcraft

I was under the impression they were going to have rain/wet tracks but they haven't shown any yet afaik. Was I mistaken?

Loudninja

Some VR impressions
In VR, there’s a tactile sense of driving an actual car, and I know instinctively how early I should be slowing. In the cockpit, there’s little doubt about whether I’m taking a turn as fast as I could be. At the fringes, you can see and feel your car’s limit being pushed.
Visually, GT Sport in VR is certainly less detailed, but I could clearly see all the fine details of my car’s dashboard and the suited-up racer body beneath my head. The side mirrors were also fully functional, which heightened my immersion. Perhaps most importantly, I didn’t notice any of the peripheral-fading that’s somewhat standard with PS VR titles. Go back and play Batman VR or Until Dawn: Rush of Blood--turn quickly enough, and you’ll notice a poor resolution scale up dynamically whenever you’re looking directly at something. Maybe the thrill of the race was just distracting enough, but the only peripheral vision effect I felt was my own.
http://www.psu.com/preview/31714/gran-turismo-sport-impressions

Top Bottom