• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite incarnation of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf?

Mr_L

Link: Wind Waker

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time/Wind Waker

I have to agree with this. I might have WW Ganondorf edge ahead purely because I enjoy his characterization. I feel like he's the most human they've ever made Ganondorf, and it shows so well in the game's final moments.

kunonabi

Zelda

Best: Skyward Sword
Runner-Up: Spirit Tracks
Worst: Ocarina of Time

Link

Best: A Link to the Past
Runner-Up: Skyward Sword
Worst: Ocarina of Time

Ganon

Best: Oracle
Runner-Up: A Link to the Past
Worst: Breath of the Wild

EhoaVash

Link? Skyward sword closest link ever felt to a real character. Botw link is the best looking though

Zelda? Best looking of course is TP, but once again I liked skyward sword Zelda too much waifu material

Gagondorf? Oot. So badass.

Skyward Sword Zelda is the only one I feel really strongly about.

zelda_smile_by_bcpupu-da5aty2.gif

They're relationship kind of makes me want to put Skyward Sword Link as also my favorite.

tumblr_lveyyk3XDA1qzgh25o1_r2_500.gif

LinkZelda01.gif

Though Twilight Princess Link would be second.

Ganondorf was very good in Wind Wake but I really liked him being this malevolent God in Twilight Princess.

tumblr_niapcgti1z1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Ganon is WW and anyone who says otherwise hasn't played the game.

Link and Zelda are tied between Skyward Sword and TP, depending on my mood.

WonderzL

Banned
OoT Ganondorf is such a cool villain. That final boss. wew

source.gif

BOTW Zelda is insanely well done. She is fragile, yet persistent. She has such a strong will to do good to the world, yet the prophecy she was told to be seems to be false... How in the world is such a normal human capable of doing such great deeds?

tumblr_ojpdrnkrbt1qf5hjqo6_500.gif

WW Link is just funny as heck lol Great expressions

tumblr_mf8mf3gqoQ1rnmjr5o1_r3_500.gif

Timeaisis

Wind Waker, Wind Waker, Wind Waker. The best.

But for second
-Skyward Sword Zelda or BotW Zelda
-OoT/MM Link
-OoT/MM Ganon or ALTTP Ganon

Zelda is so tough to choose between Tetra, BotW and SS.

Link is definitely the Hero of Wind for me. Although I'll always love the 8 and 16 bit versions too. They're so projectable.

Gannon is the same guy in all of them, so it's kinda tough to see them separately for me. But I have to say WW on him, too.

BTW, does BotW Zelda remind anyone else strongly of Jemma Simmons from Agents of Shield? The voice is similar, the personality is, and the eyebrows.

99Luffy

Banned
Majoras mask cause of the sweet somersaults and side flips link does when he jumps.
If you think about MM link is also the strongest link since he already killed ganon once before.

I have joint 1st place for link and zelda.
Botw link and oot/mm link
Botw link had a weakness unheard of in other links and oot link was a man on a mission
Botw zelda and skyward sword. Both had personalities and an actual relationship with link. Would have said oot zelda but her best moments isn't as a princess.
Wind Walker ganon.

Lttp link is probably the biggest badass but can't say much about his character.

Munti

Actually, I think besides FSA, there's only one incarnation of Ganondorf (in different styles) ;-P. Maybe I'm wrong.

SS-Zelda is my favorite Zelda
Ganondorf: the OOT one. He isn't overbuffed. He looks human and devilish at the same time

ChrisD

BotW Link, still prefer the blue ove his green tunic. Wind Waker's blue Island outfit is super close second.

ALttP Zelda. It just looks really nice from a design standpoint. Distant second Skyward Sword. I thought I liked BotW's the last time this thread came around, but she bugged me a lot in the flashbacks and I think that negatively effected how I saw her design lol.

WW Ganondorf for being the best iteration. But TP for one of the best designs.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'll list them in terms of design, not based on the quality of their games.

Link
  1. Skyward Sword
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. A Link Between Worlds

Honorable mention: Wind Waker Link. I love him, but it's more due to his facial expressions than because of his character design.

Zelda
  1. Wind Waker
  2. Breath of the Wild
  3. Twilight Princess

Ganon(dorf)
  1. Wind Waker
  2. Ocarina of Time
  3. Twilight Princess

Jaraghan

Link Appearance: Wind Waker
Link Personality: Wind Waker
Zelda Appearance: Skyward Sword
Zelda Personality: Wind Waker (before Hyrule Castle)
Ganondorf Appearance: Twilight Princess
Ganondorf Personality: Wind Waker

Lunar15

Link: SS - I like the baggier pants. His lips are a little odd, but he's really aesthetically pleasing.
Zelda: SS - She's got dat spunk. Fun design too.
Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time - I don't really like TP or WW Ganondorf so, that's all I've got.

Mael

Link : best design is probably BotW, best arsenal also
Zelda : best design Zelda TP for me, otherwise BotW
Ganon/dorf : best design Ganondorf TP, Ganon BotW otherwise OoT for dorf and Zelda 1 for Ganon.

what-ok

My favorite of all three is easily from Wind Waker. But then, Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda. I expect a lot of correlation like this from other posters.
Me too.
Also to add to it I feel like the verity of NPC and classic enemies along with their design were the best we have seen. I remember my first encounter with a redead in WW; it was amazing!

Fbh

Not including BotW since I haven't played it.

Link: Wind Waker. By far, he actually has a personality and is overall just pretty funny and expressive

Zelda: Skyward Sword. Best design and doesn't feel as much as damsel in distress.

Ganondorf: OoT. Looks cool and menacing. Close second is Wind Waker.

Ganondorf: Wind Waker

Ganon: Twilight Princess

Child Zelda: OOT

Adult Zelda: Twilight Princess

Child Link: OOT/MM

Adult Link: Twilight Princess

Have yet to play BOTW.......

Mark1

Link: Skyward Sword (the passion he had to save Zelda is unrivalled)
Zelda: Breath of the Wild (the characterisation she went through was really interesting to watch - and really helped show how much of a badass she can be)
Ganondorf: Wind Waker (easily the most we've seen from the iconic villain - how often do you see glimpses of good intentions from a villain of his calibre?)

TheOGB

Banned
Purely on looks, I'd say

Link: Breath of the Wild
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Smash Bros 4
Ganondorf: Hyrule Warriors, gatdamn

For the characters and their portrayals taken as a whole

Link: Wind Waker
Zelda: will probably be BotW
Ganondorf: 3-way tie between WW, OoT, and TP

13ruce

Banned
Link: Twilight Pricess (the artwork one not the ingame one with the dumb Miyamoto like face) Best ingame Links are Skyward Sword and WW.

Zelda: Twilight Princess and SS.

Ganondof: Wind Waker and TP.

Zelda is DEFINITELY Skyward Sword for me.
Link, probably Breath of the Wild

I feel like I shouldn't comment on Gannon until after I beat Breath of the Wild, but that game excluded I think my favorite is Wind Waker. I don't feel strongly about it though.

Top Bottom