• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

Saw this come through on twitter:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/91...l-add-weezer-concert-set-from-later-this-week

"Tomorrow, it's Activision and FreeStyleGames' turn to rock out with the release of Guitar Hero Live. Activision is looking to launch the game in grand fashion with a special concert set to take place tonight, headlined by Weezer, Rival Sons, and Grizfolk. But as long as Weezer's hanging around in the neighborhood, it looks like FreeStyle will be borrowing them for some future in-game content.

A second concert will take place tomorrow at the iHeartRadio Theater in Los Angeles, in which Weezer will perform tracks off their new album. These performances will be filmed and added to the GHTV section of Guitar Hero Live as a playable music set. It should operate similar to the Avenged Sevenfold content, in that the performance should be unlockable via in-game currency."
This is awesome, the a7x stuff is pretty damn cool so I'm glad to see they're quickly adding on to it.

Ohhhh.
I saw a song list last week that was really long and had some really good songs. I saw that and was like "cant believe im buying a new music game". Glad I saw the OPs breakdown of what Live and TV are and what songs come with the game.

No fucking thanks.

All the songs come with the game, it's just that a good bulk of them are streamed online.

Ohhhh.
I saw a song list last week that was really long and had some really good songs. I saw that and was like "cant believe im buying a new music game". Glad I saw the OPs breakdown of what Live and TV are and what songs come with the game.

No fucking thanks.

Yeah it sounds really counter to how I personally like music games.

I remember unlocking "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups in RB3 (2? No, pretty sure it was 3) and pretty spending an entire Saturday playing it. I'd never heard it before and instantly fell in love with it.

If I'd heard it on GHTV I'd have to like burn through tokens to do that?

What?

antitrop

I remember unlocking "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups in RB3 (2? No, pretty sure it was 3) and pretty spending an entire Saturday playing it. I'd never heard it before and instantly fell in love with it.

Great song, but I preferred GH: World Tour's charting of Lazy Eye. RB2 did release a month before WT and had the song first, though.

Yeah it sounds really counter to how I personally like music games.

If I'd heard it on GHTV I'd have to like burn through tokens to do that?

What?

It was Rock Band 2.

Either way, it seems like it'd be a turn-off to the Scorehero crowd.

It was Rock Band 2.

Either way, it seems like it'd be a turn-off to the Scorehero crowd.

I don't think you need to be a Scorehero level bruh to want to replay songs at your personal whim.

I guess it depends on how you approach the game. If you just want the fantasy of being a guitar player, it's less important what the song or context is. But I always loved Guitar Hero and subsequently Rock Band because of how much I appreciated the construction of a great song afterwards.

ViciousDS

Banned
How will this pre order stuff work? Will I get the songs when I have ordered at Amazon or do I need to do some crazy stuff?

I don't think its a code or anything, looks like a limited time deal for a short period on GHTV and then probably a new group moves in for premium shows. Weezer I would assume would be right after and they constantly rotate fresh content in and out of GHTV.

heres the quote from the website.

Avenged Sevenfold is one of the biggest rock bands in the world. They are famous for their spectacular live shows. Pre-order now, and you'll experience what it's like to play with them on the big stage!

*Premium Show available from 10/20/2015 to 11/2/2015. Internet connection required.

oh shit! You basically are in the eyes of synyster gates! That's badass!

Mike Rowland
‏@Zzeno
Just for the record, you don't need XB Gold or PS+ to play GHTV... just thought I'd put that out there #GuitarHeroLive

THERE YA GO FOLKS.

T.O.P

Banned
Watching all the old GH streamers coming on Twitch to say "goodbye" to the old GH is pretty awesome

....thank god for Life Is Strange tomorrow, i'm litterally counting the hours till friday :|

SFenton

picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM picking this at 9 PM

I AM LITERALLY SCREAMING INSIDE this game was ridiculously fun at PAX

Figments

1374570094448.gif

Bass players don't get scores of beautiful women. Only guitarists and drummers.

JPS Kai

If you guys are looking to top the score charts on day one, it's impossible.

At
level 9, you unlock 'Guitar Upgrades.' Spend those coins (NOT hero cash) to upgrade your guitar including more hero power pickups, higher multiplier, faster filling multiplier, and more score per note.

At
level 9, you unlock 'Guitar Upgrades.' Spend those coins (NOT hero cash) to upgrade your guitar including more hero power pickups, higher multiplier, faster filling multiplier, and more score per note.

Is that for real because that's fucking bullshit if so.

At

Good ol' Activision.

BearPawB

Banned

At

are these permanent unlocks? or temporary boosts?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If those are permanent upgrades thats kinda neat, bit of a rpg / persistent system

FrsDvl

http://www.shacknews.com/article/91...l-add-weezer-concert-set-from-later-this-week

"Tomorrow, it's Activision and FreeStyleGames' turn to rock out with the release of Guitar Hero Live. Activision is looking to launch the game in grand fashion with a special concert set to take place tonight, headlined by Weezer, Rival Sons, and Grizfolk. But as long as Weezer's hanging around in the neighborhood, it looks like FreeStyle will be borrowing them for some future in-game content.

A second concert will take place tomorrow at the iHeartRadio Theater in Los Angeles, in which Weezer will perform tracks off their new album. These performances will be filmed and added to the GHTV section of Guitar Hero Live as a playable music set. It should operate similar to the Avenged Sevenfold content, in that the performance should be unlockable via in-game currency."

Best news of the day, their last album is still so good.

I tried it at Target today and wow it was really tough! By the end I was getting booed and lots of thumbs downs. Mostly I couldn't quite wrap my head around pressing different rows of black and a white button at the same time. It actually made me excited for it because I'll actually have to learn how to play a new music game and not just coast like I have since the original Guitar Hero.

My only complaint is the guitar is too small for my tastes. If I had to guess it was retailers asking for that so it wouldn't take up as much shelf space but it is kind of a bummer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I tried it at Target today and wow it was really tough! By the end I was getting booed and lots of thumbs downs. Mostly I couldn't quite wrap my head around pressing different rows of black and a white button at the same time. It actually made me excited for it because I'll actually have to learn how to play a new music game and not just coast like I have since the original Guitar Hero.

My only complaint is the guitar is too small for my tastes. If I had to guess it was retailers asking for that so it wouldn't take up as much shelf space but it is kind of a bummer.

What difficulty was this?

Yes, at least the GameStop in my small college town has one. Just a guitar hanging at the PS3 demo kiosk.
I'll have to go by and look but chances are there is one. I am very cautious about this game as a once-diehard GH fan. The 6-button approach seems like a way to make way for more chords which are easily the boring type of songs in rhythm games. I've yet to see any HOPOS in the game, unless those come at veteran difficulty.

I'll have to go by and look but chances are there is one. I am very cautious about this game as a once-diehard GH fan. The 6-button approach seems like a way to make way for more chords which are easily the boring type of songs in rhythm games. I've yet to see any HOPOS in the game, unless those come at veteran difficulty.

Some of the metal stuff gets pretty crazy, HOPOs across colors too. There is no way they could do a Hanger 18 or a Ghost Walking with no crazy HOPOs.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Willing to give the game another shot after not really liking it at e3, will probably get it on sale though.

I am the number one Weezer fan and I am beyond stoked about this

fernoca

You know? I just realized that this might be the first guitar game I can finallly play in...harder difficulties.

In previous ones, I always had to play on easier difficulties because anything that required more than 3 fingers was like out of my reach. But didn't cared, since I played just for the colors and music. XD

So I always ended choosing easier ones along hyperspeed. Since this one only requires 3 fingers, I could actually play more difficulties...or well, will try. :p

Wow, GHTV not using guitar stems is pretty awful news to hear. Hopefully the game manages to feel okay anyway.

Dying to see more video of the Expert charts. Or is the Expert equivalent in this Veteran? I think the store demo said Expert, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

DarkOneX

Wow, GHTV not using guitar stems is pretty awful news to hear. Hopefully the game manages to feel okay anyway.

Dying to see more video of the Expert charts. Or is the Expert equivalent in this Veteran? I think the store demo said Expert, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

What is a guitar stems?

What is a guitar stems?

It's the solo guitar track. Traditionally Guitar Hero (and Rock Band still does) used separate tracks for each instrument so that when you miss the audio would cut out. Guitar Hero Live does not. While this gives them a little more freedom with music, as they don't need to have separate tracks available, a good chunk of people really like the cutting of audio.

Rhaknar

cheat code, wheres mah GHTV list on the OP, will be glorious :(

What is a guitar stems?

A master audio track containing just the guitar in the song. Guitar Hero/Rock Band mute the guitar when you miss a track, which lets the rest of the song continue as normal. GHTV will just be using the one track for the whole song, without masters. This means that missing a note will result in the entire song having its volume slightly lowered when you miss a note.

Hope that explained it okay.

Top Bottom