• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Amazon have their own shipping service now...and it appears to be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon already has a, Uber-Style shipping service for larger items.

I had a mattress delivered to me by an Amazon-Driver, who was basically just a guy who uses his own van to deliver stuff for Amazon.

He had to put a Amazon graphic on the side of his van. But it was HIS van.

KillerAJD

Packages I buy are regularly using Amazon's own delivery service now. Out of the last dozen or so things I've bought, maybe up to half of them have been delivered at least a day late. My area was also just added to the next day free delivery section, and I bought something with next day delivery... It did not get delivered the next day, haha (although I'm willing to let that slide just because we were literally just added like a day or two previously).

Have been having issues with getting deliveries when expected as far back as October/November. Never had ANY issues before that in the ~10 years I've been using them.

To be fair though, I've been having issues with FedEx recently too, so who knows WTF is happening.

R0ckman

So I'm trying to figure this out. If the service is this trashy, wouldn't they be losing more money through refunds and disputes? Aren't they better off scraping the personal delivery team?

Catdaddy

Up until last year, everything came via UPS, meaning deliveries after 6pm. Now it’s totally random between UPS/FedEx/USPS/AMZN. No problems with any of the deliveries other than UPS still delivers after 6pm. As long as my games are the only item in the shipment I get those via USPS.

We had an Prime Now delivery last Friday, ordered at 7:15 was on our doorstep at 8:30 – free (prime member) delivery and all (you can tip and they say it all goes to the driver) also able to track the drivers location on the app.

geestack

i've had good experiences with their delivery; packages arrive in the afternoon now rather than late evening ups dropoffs along with consistent weekend delivery

i've had more problems with ups tbh

R0ckman

Packages I buy are regularly using Amazon's own delivery service now. Out of the last dozen or so things I've bought, maybe up to half of them have been delivered at least a day late. My area was also just added to the next day free delivery section, and I bought something with next day delivery... It did not get delivered the next day, haha (although I'm willing to let that slide just because we were literally just added like a day or two previously).

Have been having issues with getting deliveries when expected as far back as October/November. Never had ANY issues before that in the ~10 years I've been using them.

To be fair though, I've been having issues with FedEx recently too, so who knows WTF is happening.

FedEx is screwed, ordered a custom computer and when it shipped it came a little rattled with the heatsink loose on the cpu so it wouldn't turn on. I sent it back to the company to get a new one. FedEx brings the damn thing back completely busted, now with the CPU pins completely bent up and the cooler rattling around in the tower. Only thing good that came out of this was me taking about a day learning how to completely make my own build.

It was holiday time, so those jackasses probably were in that "who gives a damn, **** everything!" kinda mode; tossing people's packages around like garbage bags.

Hylian7

Tipping? Sorry I will never do that to get a package delivered...
The thing the post above you mentioned where he tipped wasn't the shipping service the thread is about, that was Prime Now. It is different, where you order something and it gets delivered that day. It's like ordering a pizza. Those people are all part time drivers that work shifts whenever they can get them.

The shipping service (not Prime Now) you don't need to tip and are equivalent to a UPS or FedEx driver.

n0razi

It sounds like Amazon is hiring the cheapest deliverymen they can find off the street.

Anyone can sign up: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I order about 2 packages a week from Amazon and about 25% of them show up late. I honestly don't mind because they have a policy where they give you a month of Prime for free whenever they miss a shipment date and you complain so now I have about 2 free years added thus far

I was supposed to get Persona 5 delivered Tuesday morning but it said my house didn't exist. 3 hours later UPS delivered a different package to my house. Get it together Amazon...

R0ckman

Anyone can sign up: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I order about 2 packages a week from Amazon and about 25% of them show up late. I honestly don't mind because they have a policy where they give you a month of Prime for free whenever they miss a shipment date and you complain so now I have about 2 free years added thus far

This sounds like an idea that sounded good to okay on paper but terrible when actually implemented. To me it gives the impression that their priority isn't the delivery.

Epic Drop

I was supposed to get Persona 5 delivered Tuesday morning but it said my house didn't exist. 3 hours later UPS delivered a different package to my house. Get it together Amazon...

This happened to me on a purchase recently that was supposed to be delivered by Amazon logistics. They claimed my house didn't exist, and said The driver tried to call me but I didn't answer. They didn't call me, they lied. I literally worked with their customer service team to draw a box around my house on Google maps, and they still failed delivery the next day, again claiming they tried calling me for directions even though they didn't. Rinse and repeat 4 days in a row. I wasted over 6 hours on the phone with them trying to get the package delivered. My same day guaranteed package was finally delivered 5 days late without an apology, compensation, free month of prime, nothing.

Keep in mind I've had over 200 packages from Amazon (using non Amazon logistics shippers) delivered to my address over the course of 5 years without a single issue. Amazon logistics is miserable, and I've had nothing but terrible experiences with them since they started being used in my area.

Since we moved in January like 90% of what we've ordered has been delivered through Amazon's own delivery service, and 9 times out 10 they deliver it to the wrong address. We keep having to go to our neighbors porch to get our packages. It's really frustrating, I've tried to work with customer service they seem to give 0 fucks about it. We've had a few minor things that who knows where the fuck they ended up and Amazon had to ship out replacements and still they just don't seem to care. These Amazon local deliveries also mark shit delivered before they've ever fired up their truck to deliver shit. Which makes it extra frustrating, since usually when it says delivered we have to go check our neighbor's porch, so on those deliveries every like hour we have to go see if its actually been delivered yet.

Really terrible in our area.

Mine was Out for Delivery>Delayed>Out for Delivery>Delayed>Out for Delivery within the span of 4 hours yesterday with an Amazon courier.

Then he called my phone and was panicking because he was 10 minutes away and said my leasing office would be closed. I told him it was open for another hour and he seemed agitated but eventually showed up with the package.

Them I found out anyone can go sign up to be a courier for Amazon. Ugh.

well, at least you got it bro. that certainly does sound like an annoying situation but the important thing is you got the product you paid for on time.

My copy of Persona 5 was out for delivery via their own carrier on 9AM on Tuesday and never made it to me. Was delivered yesterday.

This was the second new release in a row they've blown for me. Granted last one may have been for non-carrier reasons given the whole Switch launch stock debacle.

Really losing my confidence with Amazon's ability to get me a game on release day.

My copy of Persona 5 was out for delivery via their own carrier on 9AM on Tuesday and never made it to me. Was delivered yesterday.

This was the second new release in a row they've blown for me. Granted last one may have been for non-carrier reasons given the whole Switch launch stock debacle.

Really losing my confidence with Amazon's ability to get me a game on release day.

which shipping option did you choose?

tuffy

I'm right there with you. Had an order for a game that was supposed to be released on Tuesday, was due to arrive on Tuesday for months ahead of time according to Amazon, went to "Preparing for Shipment" on Monday, and then on Tuesday I got an email that told me my new expected arrival date was Friday.

So I canceled my order that minute and picked it up at the store on my way home.

I've got one last open order for a game through Amazon and if that release falls through also I'll swear off getting games from Amazon for good.

Kaiken

Banned
Yes, they are terrible. Had a package dropped off after 10pm. I was asleep and the package was stolen from my porch.

So I'm trying to figure this out. If the service is this trashy, wouldn't they be losing more money through refunds and disputes? Aren't they better off scraping the personal delivery team?
I would guess that 99% or now if orders get delivered "on time" enough that customers generally wouldn't complain about it.

Personally, I have experienced more delivery errors overall after they switched, but most packages still arrive on time.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I've had two packages shipped by Amazon Logistics lost in the past month. They fucking suck.

As a Prime member I wish I was able to opt out of deliveries by them entirely, but I know that's not a possibility; it's probably the reason why the subscription price hasn't gone up lately.

usually the vans and drivers who deliver for them don't have or wear amazon logos as they're contractors who don't work directly for the company. Also, amazon branded vans are a target for thieves in shoddy areas

gimmmick

Now that I have to pay taxes with my online orders, I'm not finding one single reason to keep my prime membership going.

Erekiddo

A friend of mine stated that one of these delivery guys dumped an entire complex's worth of packages at the elevator and left. They all got stolen.

Including his edition of Persona 5 that's now sold out.

I just had a package delivered to my house by AMZL US, and I was working from home. I got notification, and within 5 minutes of going to my door, the package was ripped open and the item was missing.

I've had packages sit in front of my house for hours and have never been touched. I feel like whoever delivered it must've swiped the product, cause they placed the package between my screen door and front door.

:(

The only time I get AMZL_US is when I get a same-day (not Prime Now) or next day free delivery, which amount to more or less the same thing depending on what time of day I ordered.

I've had them deliver maybe 4 items this way in the past month and they've all arrived intact, though a couple of times somewhat late due to the "by 9pm" thing.

Still better than DHL effing up my deliveries.

I just got off the phone with Amazon and the fucking thing is they aren't shipping it because I chose free shipping I don't understand that! I thought with free shipping, they ship on the official day of release, which was april 4th! why are they waiting to ship it???? :mad:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
The thing the post above you mentioned where he tipped wasn't the shipping service the thread is about, that was Prime Now. It is different, where you order something and it gets delivered that day. It's like ordering a pizza. Those people are all part time drivers that work shifts whenever they can get them.

The shipping service (not Prime Now) you don't need to tip and are equivalent to a UPS or FedEx driver.
And why would I tip for that?! In Canada most deliveries are now made buy UBER-like staff. I haven't received a delivery from a carrier in the last 6 months.

giga

Two packages by AMZL from the past two weeks:
- The first one broken.
- The replacement for that one delivered to the wrong person.
- The second package delivered to the wrong person, again.

They fucking suck.

Just adding to how AMZL is pretty terrible. They didn't reach out to my condo to get an access code so when they showed up at 8pm no one was there to let them in.. this happened twice.

Seriously give my package to UPS or FedEx.

LiK

Same, had a package so-called delivered but it never arrived. Amazon sent out a replacement which was received. He hand-delivered to my dad this time.

Had yet another package lost this week. But after having seen it marked as delivered I called Amazon. They reached out to their partner and assured me that they mistakenly marked it delivered and it was going to be delivered that day. The day came and went and I waited the following day per another CSR. Nothing came so I asked for a replacement and encountered hesitation from Amazon which was a first.

Seriously this week has been something else with Amazon. I had a sharp flanged power nail sneak its way into a package and cut myself. Revealing just how bad their customer service has gotten I found out their investigations department has no safety protocols for something like this. It shows that Amazon just doesn't give a crap.

Another thing is their increased usage of USPS. Its great that USPS gets buisness but I get heavy shipments through them exclusively now and they arent setup for heavy packages. Give that stuff to UPS or FedEx who makes sure their vehicles/drivers can deliver to your door. Instead of the USPS person being lazy and making me remove the packages from their vehicle and leave them on the street as I deliver my own packages home.

Coffinhal

Maybe you'll stop using the service of a company that has the worst working conditions in Western societies*. (and therefore will stop complaining about bourgeois's issues such as "my 2000$ TV was not delivered to my doorroom". Such self-centeredness is mindblowing.

*and it was a book about the warehouses, now that they uberised the Delivery service it must be a thousand times worse for the people in this service (but you would have had to actually endured that kind of work to understand it before you whine on forums against the "lazy cheap deliverers" (also I didn't read anything yet about them being thiefs))

Just recently I had an absolutely awful time getting a monitor delivered through Amazon Logistics.

Early Sunday morning: Place an order for a new monitor. Same day delivery is an option so I select it. Package should be here by 8pm.
Late Sunday afternoon: It's about 3pm and the package still hasn't even reached the carrier yet. I'm having this delivered to my house which doesn't have an enclosed porch. Weather has been really wet so I can't have it delivered there if I'm not home. I call customer service to see if it's still going to be delivered today. CS rep says that the package was sent to the wrong sorting facility so it won't be arriving today. That's a bummer but no big deal. I ask the rep if we can cancel the order and have it shipped to my work address? I let them know that there is a 5pm cut off for deliveries and ask them if that's going to be a problem? "No problem at all. Your package will be there tomorrow by 5pm!"

Monday afternoon: It's 1pm and the package status says it is still sitting with Amazon. Hasn't even made it to the sort facility again. I just log in really quick to the CS chat and check in on the package since that seems like a tight window to make a 5pm cutoff. CS chat rep says the package will most likely not make the delivery today at all. I say ok and just reiterate the 5pm cutoff, they say they will note it.
Monday night: I went home after my regular work hours. Get a call at 6:30pm from Amazon Logistics trying to make a delivery. I tell them I was told the delivery wasn't happening today so I went home and that I live 40 minutes away from work and there's no safe place to leave the package. Let's try again tomorrow. Remind them of business hours. Hang up.

Tuesday: 4:30pm and package is still not out for delivery. I stay late at work anyways to see what happens. Apparently a delivery was attempted at 6:30pm but no one called me so I had no idea. I check the package status at 7:30pm and see the missed delivery because "business is closed". I'm pissed but whatever. I'll go home and call them tomorrow.

Wednesday: An exact repeat of yesterday. I called early in the morning to ask if this 5pm cutoff was a problem and if so to just cancel the delivery. They say no and that they will call Logistics directly and make sure they know. Mention staying late and not receiving a call. Tell them I will stay late again just in case but to please make sure they call me so that I'm not wasting my time again. Again when there is no update on the package at 7:00pm I'm told that it will "definitely not be delivered today". This is the 3rd day of missed delivery so Amazon automatically has you choose either a replacement or refund. I tell them I still want the monitor but before I can tell them to send it to my home address with 2 day delivery (I'll just risk it with the weather) they tell me they've already set the replacement for one day delivery at the work address again. Alright. Whatever. I tell them we'll try once more tomorrow. I am assured several times that this time there will be no problems and I will get the package before 5pm. Promise. Here's some more free Prime. I go home
Wednesday night: A call at 8pm for another delivery attempt after being told the delivery wasn't happening today. WTF.

Thursday: Same as the previous days. Only this time I don't wait around. I cancel the order at 5pm when it doesn't make the cut off. Call and confirm to ensure no one will be trying to deliver at the address. Still get a call at 8pm again for a missed delivery. I place a second order for an entirely different monitor and have it set to 2-day. Even pay for Saturday delivery to ensure it's delivered by someone like UPS or FedEx.

Friday: Front office tells me a monitor was brought up from the garage with my name on it. It's one of the previous delivery attempts. Logistics at some point in the last 4 days had just left one in the parking garage somewhere. I had already been refunded for this monitor so I slap a return label on it and send it away with UPS.

Saturday Morning: FedEx delivers the second monitor no problem at 10am.

There is clearly some kind of break down in communication between customer service and Logistics. It's like Logistics just ignores the business hours or doesn't read any of the delivery notes. I feel terrible if they have awful work conditions and that could definitely explain some of this. All in all Logistics has a lot of problems.

Maybe you'll stop using the service of a company that has the worst working conditions in Western societies*. (and therefore will stop complaining about bourgeois's issues such as "my 2000$ TV was not delivered to my doorroom". Such self-centeredness is mindblowing.

*and it was a book about the warehouses, now that they uberised the Delivery service it must be a thousand times worse for the people in this service (but you would have had to actually endured that kind of work to understand it before you whine on forums against the "lazy cheap deliverers" (also I didn't read anything yet about them being thiefs))

Lol please continue to lecture others about how they should not complain about a service they pay for not delivering, no pun intended, the specified service.

I pay for 2 day shipping. If you cannot guarantee me 2 day shipping then you need to change your delivery expectations and price or find out the problem within your organization. Miss me with that, "Well their life is so much worst in the factories so you don't have any right to complain."

Your entire post is "You have a 1st world problem so it doesn't matter." lol

DarkestHour

Banned
I still cannot find a positive to Amazon's shipping. In my area, we have people that pull in to my driveway with cars leaking fluids. These people will then stand looking in my door at us. They will also bang extremly loud on my door. This past week I thought someone was trying to break in.

These are not qualified shippers. These are random people that have to settle for this job. It is only going to get worse.

I ordered a game one day delivery and Amazon's shipping lost the item. So I did an experiment and cancelled the order and tried again when they refunded me and they failed me again.

Lucumo

Used it twice, no problems. The first time the package was even delivered by a cute girl, so that was a plus as well.

TheChamp

If its anything like Amazon Logistics over here in UK then its awful sure everything has turrned up but the timeslot you get given is shocking
Your basically told your parcel will get delivered between 10AM and 10PM with no tracking and no hour time slot your litreally stuck in all day

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I happened to be home and told the driver they had the wrong address. They mixed up an 8 with a 3.

Generally I don't mind too much if 1/20 orders are mixed up and delayed as most things I buy on Amazon aren't urgent. However when I get PS4 physical games I tend to go to Gamestop now.

Sch1sm

Every time they ship to me, they try and get me to leave my apartment, go downstairs, and actually pick up the package. Only delivery service I know that even tries that shit.

Samus4145

They always show up bright and early in the morning while FedEx and UPS barely make it before 8pm. Now to mention the Amazon delivery team true and hides the packages so they can't be scene from the main road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom