• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has massive hands.

EucIfYY.gif

JABEE

The Pats are going to lose in the Super Bowl to Matty Ice. The Switch is real and the promise is true. Fuck all the haters, the Falcons are coming for you!

bionic77

The Pats are going to lose in the Super Bowl to Matty Ice. The Switch is real and the promise is true. Fuck all the haters, the Falcons are coming for you!
No promises on football or America. Trumps running shit now. Best to just move on to something more reliable. And speaking of something more reliable...

I can vouch for the Switch. It can and will save your wretched souls!

JABEE

No promises on football or America. Trumps running shit now. Best to just move on to something more reliable. And speaking of something more reliable...

I can vouch for the Switch. It can and will save your wretched souls!

There has to be something above Trump though! You can't be saying what I think you are saying!

JaMarco

Rapistburger considering retirement? Would be so sweet if it ended up being the Pats to shit on him and took away his will to play anymore.

Hindl

Yeah such a shitty thing for anyone to do. No way does he really want to retire. Guys should just negotiate with teams behind the scenes, not through the media.

Eh I can't hate him for it. We spend so much time in here ridiculing the NFL for player safety, talking about how these people are basically destroying their lives down the line by risking their health. I can't hate anyone that does whatever they can to get as much money out of the league as possible given those circumstances. What if he was trying to do this behind the scenes and the Steelers just said no? Now obviously Ben had more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes by 25, but I'm not going to hate a player doing what they need to to get more money, even if it involves the media.

squicken

Long term deals in the past had years on the back end with so much money that no one ever figured the teams would pay them. It was meant to force the team to re-negotiate and make the agent look good. But the cap has gone up so much that those back end numbers are now under market rate and the players want pay raises

Like Stafford was making $15-$17 million in 2013-15, and 2016 and 2017 $22m. When they drew that contract up no one thought he would still be paying under that contract. But now DET can let him play out the deal in 2017 and then franchise tag him if they so desire. He doesn't have the leverage of the huge back end of the contract to use against the team

We need to make a list of all NFL-GAF members who are doing it and who are not doing it. Let me start:

Definetly doing it:
BG
Bread
Squicken

Probably doing it:
Ninja Scooter

Definetly not doing it:
Bionic77

Slo

Ben's staying in Pittsburgh. There's only one other NFL city that can properly service Big Ben's unique tastes in women and Aaron Rogers ain't going anywhere.

I'll add that I think Ben saying that has less to do with him caring about how he is taken care of and more to do with him wanting stability in his receiving group and concern that FA acquired improvements in defense could hurt that.

He came off a record year previously and this year it was the Bell show; due to Bell being awesome as much as the need to clock manage because the D was not something you can count on and our receivers were dropping like flies.

squicken

Ben makes $12m the next three years. In 2018 and 2019 he has additional roster bonuses of $5m each year. But next next year it is just the $12m while guys doing deals this year make twice that. His threat is he would rather retire than be insulted by Kurt Cousins making twice what he does

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ben's staying in Pittsburgh. There's only one other NFL city that can properly service Big Ben's unique tastes in women and Aaron Rogers ain't going anywhere.

Thankfully he's not into beating children or else he'd see if there was an opening in Minnesota

JABEE

I was looking back at last offseason thread leading up to the draft.

I miss Godslay. On Wentz being drafted by the Rams and potentially starting.

Yeah, he's going to have to do it on the fly.

I think Wentz can adapt. He's smart enough to be able to read what most teams will throw at him.

The problem is, there is always the learning curve no matter how capable you are. It takes time for your experiences to turn into skill. What I think they should hope for is either a decent game manager style year to begin with, or a more stat heavy season with a lot of mistakes.

You definitely don't want a season where you are like, "Oh shit, this guy can't do the job it's too obvious".

kmag

Roethlisberger isn't going leave $46 million on the table, plus having to pay back $18,600,000 in his prorated bonus for the next 3 years. He'll be back, it's the offseason equivalent of one of his limps off the field.

bionic77

Why are there so many Trumpers in this thread?

This place is clean. Go back to the SB thread. And take Brady and his boss Trump with you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom