• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add that I think Ben saying that has less to do with him caring about how he is taken care of and more to do with him wanting stability in his receiving group and concern that FA acquired improvements in defense could hurt that.

He came off a record year previously and this year it was the Bell show; due to Bell being awesome as much as the need to clock manage because the D was not something you can count on and our receivers were dropping like flies.

It has nothing to do with FA acquisitions and everything to do with Money and Ben's stats. Simply put, he had a shit year this year, and Ben sees fit to lay it at Haley's feet. He very clearly did not like the offense being run through Bell.

There was a ton of churn at WR for us this season, and Ben never really got comfortable with anyone besides Rogers. All his tall receivers/deep threats were injured. Ben likes the offense when he can air it out down the field. He hates dink and dunk, but that's all you're going to get when your tallest receiver on gameday is 5'10" and is constantly doubled.

Patriots squatted on everything because Coates couldn't catch a cold and James, while reliable, is not fast enough to be a threat deep. Ben played very conservatively as a result and the offense suffered. Cue blaming Haley.

No way Ben is retiring when he stands to get FOUR big threats healthy next year (Bryant, Green, Bey, Coates) to go along with his Hall of Fame receiver.

Squicken also made a good point. Ben is playing at a huge discount relative to the other QBs in the league, He no doubt wants to put some feet to the fire.

Tall4Life

Disgusting. Keep that trash in the actual thread that is devoted to football/fascism.

Saw the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer. Wow that looked garbo. Not sure how anyone could fuck up that franchise but I guess they found a way!

you just made my post into an alternative fact, congratulations, you have become what you hate

Trust the process baby.

6er fans can handle years of tanking, but some eagle fans can't handle a couple year rebuild and want Howie gone. It's so sad :(
Howie has had 10 years and produced zero fucking results. Sam got fired in much less time even though he produced more results.

Pepiope

Howie has had 10 years and produced zero fucking results. Sam got fired in much less time even though he produced more results.
We'll never agree as long as you consider Howie to have been in charge during the Reid and Chip years. Last year was the first time he ran the whole show, and it was great.

RBH

772607735_contest_mobile_image_126482_1483640670.jpg

gettyimages-279910.jpg

The Pro Bowl Skills Challenge, pitting AFC and NFC All-Stars against each other in unique competitions, now called Pro Bowl Skills Showdown, returns after a 10-year hiatus this week. It will air on this Thursday, January 26th at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN, the NFL announced today.

The Skills Showdown is a part of the re-imagined Pro Bowl Week, culminating in the 2017 Pro Bowl, which features a return to the traditional AFC vs. NFC format following three years using a revised, "unconferenced" structure.

The 2017 Pro Bowl Legends Captains, JEROME BETTIS and RAY LEWIS of the AFC and TONY GONZALEZ and CHARLES WOODSON of the NFC, will lead their respective squads.

Each team in the Skills Showdown will feature a mix of quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linemen, linebackers, and defensive backs.

Taking place at ESPN's Wide World of Sports in Orlando, the Skills Showdown will be produced by A. Smith & Co. Productions, producers of such shows as American Ninja Warrior and Hell's Kitchen.

Competitions include:

-- Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball: Pro Bowlers will compete in a game of dodgeball.

-- Power Relay Challenge: Four team members will compete in a timed relay race.

-- Precision Passing: Two players on each team will battle it out, trying to hit moving targets of varying size and distance.

-- Best Hands: Quarterback and wide receiver duos from each team will show off their skills, connecting on as many pass attempts as possible before time runs out.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000755941/article/pro-bowl-skills-showdown-announced

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I got it.

Hey Xbones, if I get a compatible 360 controller can I assume that has the same device drivers as a MS 360 pad and a computer will recognize it as the same? I need a 360 compatible pad and I want one that has a decent d-pad.

If you can find a 360 pad with the tranformable dpad those are pretty decent.

Or try out the hori commander https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GVOFIAA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's a playstation licensed 6 button pad but has a switch for PC mode which makes it xinput.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Damn BG might not be able to afford that...I guess I could spot him the 3 bucks.

Not really interested in either of those

not.trejo pls

The Yakuza series is literally the best thing Japan is doing right now. Why don't you like Action JRPGs with a crazy amount of sidequests?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Already decided that Leafa is coming back if we don't fire Dom Capers or make some kind of major change to the Packers.

Depression from the loss is finally settling in like...holy fuck there are no more Packer games and another year wasted with Rodgers. Ugh.

bionic77

Already decided that Leafa is coming back if we don't fire Dom Capers or make some kind of major change to the Packers.

Depression from the loss is finally settling in like...holy fuck there are no more Packer games and another year wasted with Rodgers. Ugh.
I have the antidote to your blues.

So far Packer fans have been resistant to the medicine though...

bionic77

I already have a Switch preordered

But I may as well smoke some anime until March 3rd. (Or March 4th...whenever it gets delivered)
Hold on brother!

Help is on the way. The Trumps have us down but not out. 40 more days and we will be free again!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
According to NFL Research, Ryan is the seventh QB to throw for seven-plus TDs and zero interceptions in a postseason. The other six all won Super Bowls.

According to NFL Research, Ryan is the seventh QB to throw for seven-plus TDs and zero interceptions in a postseason. The other six all won Super Bowls.

#RiseUp

Matty Ice!

It's hard because I'm feeling the hunger!

tumblr_msigt0VST91r0vrb6o1_250.gif

Floy this is all your fault. You just had to wish for RBH to be unhappy.

Who are you rooting against in the Owl?

wienke, what are you doing? if floy says falcons, the trumps are guaranteed victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom