• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
#RiseUp

Matty Ice!

Z8hbhna.gif

#RiseUp

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Never played any of those games but now I'm interested,

Imagine:

Running around a section of Tokyo, or other Japanese locations depending on title, doing a ridiculous variety of optional minigames (pachinko, western and eastern style gambling, dating sims, scavenger hunts, fighting tournaments, batting cages, bowling, fishing, and on and on)

Running into random dudes that you fight and get experience so you can upgrade your character

A crazy over the top story from Japan not featuring primarily children (in a coming to age story) but olds like us for once

Yakuza 4 and 5 also introduced character switching so just when you're getting kinda bored with the huge amount of shit to do, you progress and play a new character with more new shit to do.

This series is the best.

Jarnet87

I would draft Corn Elder, I thought he was one of the better defenders when they played FSU. Didn't see much else of him but his name is Corn Elder. Worth picking.

Hindl

Why is it that the Eagles are in such poor cap space. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Because in the one year Chip had control over the team he had $41M in cap space and brought in a bunch of mercenaries for big contracts and the team imploded on him. And everyone mentioned in that article are the same people everyone around Philly have been expecting to go

Try telling that to Dolphins fans.

#CutTannehill

He was awful on defense this year

Imagine:

Running around a section of Tokyo, or other Japanese locations depending on title, doing a ridiculous variety of optional minigames (pachinko, western and eastern style gambling, dating sims, scavenger hunts, fighting tournaments, batting cages, bowling, fishing, and on and on)

Running into random dudes that you fight and get experience so you can upgrade your character

A crazy over the top story from Japan not featuring primarily children (in a coming to age story) but olds like us for once

Yakuza 4 and 5 also introduced character switching so just when you're getting kinda bored with the huge amount of shit to do, you progress and play a new character with more new shit to do.

This series is the best.

Hmmm is there a demo I can try

Tom Penny

Really not cool of you to try to be dismissive of Brady and not give him credit for the career he's built as a Hall of Fame level game manager.
Top 5 In yards and TD. Not bad for a game manager. Luckily he had hall of fame skill players.

Because in the one year Chip had control over the team he had $41M in cap space and brought in a bunch of mercenaries for big contracts and the team imploded on him. And everyone mentioned in that article are the same people everyone around Philly have been expecting to go

But Howie traded away all those contracts last year. I wonder if giving Curry, Ertz, and Cox all the monies last year might have something to do with this mess. Man the one thing in the world that howie was supposed to be semi-competent at and he totally fucked it up.

Hindl

But Howie traded away all those contracts last year. I wonder if giving Curry, Ertz, and Cox all the monies last year might have something to do with this mess. Man the one thing in the world that howie was supposed to be semi-competent at and he totally fucked it up.

The dead money from those contracts Chip gave are still lingering for the Eagles. And Curry I'll give you, but Ertz? Who, except for in TDs, finished as a Top 5-6 TE in every category? Or Cox, rated the 4th best interior rusher in the league? Yeah I'm alright with those contracts. Ertz is slightly overpaid but he missed games this season and while he may not be a Travis Kelce or Gronk, he's a reliable TE that's in the upper tier

The dead money from those contracts Chip gave are still lingering for the Eagles. And Curry I'll give you, but Ertz? Who, except for in TDs, finished as a Top 5-6 TE in every category? Or Cox, rated the 4th best interior rusher in the league? Yeah I'm alright with those contracts. Ertz is slightly overpaid but he missed games this season and while he may not be a Travis Kelce or Gronk, he's a reliable TE that's in the upper tier

According to overthecap.com the only dead money from previous contracts that are affecting the Eagles cap this year is $5.5m for Sam Bradford, a contract that howie signed, and $1m for Eric Rowe. None of the traded players from chip are still counting against the Eagles: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Edit: Fuck Chase Daniels is $8m this year, is there a worse contract in all of football?

MechDX

Lance Zierlein ✔ @LanceZierlein
Draft Nathan Peterman from Pitt. He has the poise, accuracy and field vision to be an NFL starter. I'm a big fan after writing him up. https://twitter.com/Illiniguy38/status/820490599291908096 …

Matt Miller ✔ @nfldraftscout
If I had to pick a quarterback winner today, Pitt's Nathan Peterman would be it. Ball zips out. Jimmy Garoppolo lite

Cecil Lammey @CecilLammey
PITT QB Nathan Peterman with 5th-best off target percentage (only 7.4%) in 2016. FBS average this year was 11.0% #NFLDraft @seniorbowl

raised-eyebrows-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom