• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Congrats on finally getting something.

What are people considering for CYL Lyn? Brave Bow + L&D? Or is keeping her default bow fine too?

Her legendary bow seems great as is. I'm not really warm to the idea of blowing the feathers to replace it.

I've got 22k feathers to blow something on so I'll probably create a brave bow build Lyn to use w my horsie team. Debating if I want to use L+D or Fury build tho

Just watched the preview vid that came out today and holy crap Lyn really does come with Swift Sparrow as well.

I've got 22k feathers to blow something on so I'll probably create a brave bow build Lyn to use w my horsie team. Debating if I want to use L+D or Fury build tho

She comes with Swift Sparrow!

Wiseblade

Congrats on finally getting something.

What are people considering for CYL Lyn? Brave Bow + L&D? Or is keeping her default bow fine too?

Her legendary bow seems great as is. I'm not really warm to the idea of blowing the feathers to replace it.

keep legendary, effect is bonkers.
Pretty much. Even if you do give her a Brave Bow, she already comes with Swit Sparrow. The extra 1 Atk/speed isn't worth the drop in Defence & Resistance.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ooh, didn't know about the swift sparrow part.

So she's super strong and barely needs any SI at all. That's nuts.

I'm keeping Lyn's legendary, her speed is crazy and she can double units without fear of counter and she has great Res and the weapons skill is great against Blade tomes. Also brave bow is half the damage of her legendary so even if you quad a unit you are doing the same amount of damage as a double with her legendary. The legendary will also allow her to double more and prevent more doubles.

Save your fearthers, Lyn is near perfect out of the box. She might have the best starting kit of any unit so far.

I've never loved Elise more than I do now.
WwJPZg4.png

congrats on breaking the curse!

Firemind

I'm keeping Lyn's legendary, her speed is crazy and she can double units without fear of counter and she has great Res and the weapons skill is great against Blade tomes. Also brave bow is half the damage of her legendary so even if you quad a unit you are doing the same amount of damage as a double with her legendary. The legendary will also allow her to double more and prevent more doubles.
That doesn't apply to pony emblem, does it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like how Ike an Lyn both come with an extra skill each, and most of the heroes got 3rd Tier specials.

Vena

Ike's likely to even be below Amelia and Minerva. They are just faster and much more threatening units that also carry his huge bulk and can run the same hyper-accelerated triggers.

Hell, Beruka will be a better physical wall and she too can run Steady Breathing + Slayer Axe + QP. She doesn't need to worry about missing out on the legendary because (a.) she has even more absurd defenses and (b.) she has even more health and res than Ike. She can already weather near everything in the game, Ike's skills make her better at it.

There's a long way to Hector from where Ike is as a slow-ass green axe.

I disagree, Hector isn't even that uncontested now imagine after Ike comes.

Hector is largely uncontested. He has monstrous BST, a good spread (no wasted speed like Ike), huge defenses, and Armads. Armads remains an axe that continues to remain one of the best legendaries in the game with what it offers. Ike's 28 speed is the definition of useless stats which makes his large BST less worthwhile unlike, say, Lyn's or Roy's or Lucina's (the latter two thanks to their buffs from their legendaries).

You have to actually compete with Amelia and Minerva before you even start wondering about Hector, and Amelia has even more absurd of a BST and spread, and Minerva flies.

Kitoro

All this talk about CYL Lyn and Ike, but isn't Lucina something really special, in that she essentially buffs all units within 2 spaces with +6 speed, assuming I read her weapon and passive right? Couple that with other abilities and weapons, and we'll see some pretty insane speed stats.

I'm more excited for her than anyone else on the banner, honestly.

NSESN

We heally need a brave shuriken+ in the game. I am thinking of 5 atk and dealing -5 def/res after combat.

Ok Vena, I understand that you think Ike is weak but he is nowhere Beruka level.

Vena

lucina only affects physical dps units which limits her utility

She gels extremely well with Eirika, though, one a core-Blade team where Lucina now makes Eirika and the dancer even more threatening. Her speed spur on her C won't buff blade damage but it will buff the user's speed.

All this talk about CYL Lyn and Ike, but isn't Lucina something really special, in that she essentially buffs all units within 2 spaces with +6 speed, assuming I read her weapon and passive right? Couple that with other abilities and weapons, and we'll see some pretty insane speed stats.

I'm more excited for her than anyone else on the banner, honestly.

I'll def won't complain if I end up getting Lucina with the actual focus banner, but I think all the Lyn hype is two-fold. A) It's Lyn. B) We FINALLY have a mounted archer!

Firemind

She gels extremely well with Eirika, though, one a core-Blade team where Lucina now makes Eirika and the dancer even more threatening. Her speed spur on her C won't buff blade damage but it will buff the user's speed.
Eirika still sucks though.

Vena

We heally need a brave shuriken+ in the game. I am thinking of 5 atk and dealing -5 def/res after combat.

Ok Vena, I understand that you think Ike is weak but he is nowhere Beruka level.

Beruka is just an example of a huge physical wall that has been made better by Steady Breathing. Ike's not nearly as much of a wall as she is since, well, he has an actual attack. She has more health, res, and defense than him but her attack is fairly compromised for it.

I didn't mean to say she's blank better than him or of the same level, though. I am firmly of the thought that Ike is a good axe (mechanics pending) just not near the top of the heap.

Eirika still sucks though.

Eirika with +3/+6 sounds pretty good to me for a buffbot.

NSESN

Beruka is just an example of a huge physical wall that has been made better by Steady Breathing. Ike's not nearly as much of a wall as she is since, well, he has an actual attack. She has more health, res, and defense than him but her attack is fairly compromised for it.

I didn't mean to say she's blank better than him or of the same level, though. I am firmly of the thought that Ike is a good axe (mechanics pending) just not near the top of the heap.

I think being a flier is actually really bad for a tank because of the many cordelias and in the future Lyns out there. Ike is also more flexible than Amelia imo because of movement problems. You are also forgetting about Ike's B and Urvan secondary skill. He might not end being better than Hector, but there will be many times where he would fit a team better.

Busaiku

All Lucina* team soon.
Just got my Marth finished.
Spring Lucina (+Speed, -Defense) has been a staple since I got her.
Just need to break the banks for good IVs on regular Lucina and Brave Lucina.

Marth is support with Renewal, Reciprocal Aid, and Threaten Attack.
Going for +Speed on the rest.

Dagger users need all the buffs they can get. Jakob is the most worthless 5* I have. He is purely a Reciprocal Aid bot. Can't do anything else.

If I knew how bad he was, I would have re-rolled very early. He was the first 5* that I summoned on my main account, and I simply assumed he was useful because of the rarity.

NSESN

Dagger users need all the buffs they can get. Jakob is the most worthless 5* I have. He is purely a Reciprocal Aid bot. Can't do anything else.

If I knew how bad he was, I would have re-rolled very early. He was the first 5* that I summoned on my main account, and I simply assumed he was useful because of the rarity.

Even Kagero isn't that useful because almost no one runs a full infantry team anymore.

Other thing I would like is Katanas, Naginatas, Clubs and Shurikens in the game.

kewlmyc

Fuck

Fuck

I barely managed to get out of my hell. Christ that was tight.

Not quite the summer hottie I was looking for, but i'll take it! I've never loved Elise more than I do now.

Good for you! You can make her into a pretty damn good Nino 2.0.

Sterok

Decided to put my merged Young Tiki on my initial Arena Assault team. Deprives me of a red distant counter I might need later, but the increase in points is worth it. I'll probably put Aether on Lucina to pump it up even more since I don't use her much anymore outside AA. Got to 4816, which will hopefully put me in the top 5000 this time. I'm running across a lot more Armor Emblems now, which is good since Armor Emblem is easy, even with Amelia.

spiritfox

Thinking of building a Raven mage for all the incoming Lyns. I assume they need to take a full Brave Quickened Moonbow combo so they need to have decent defenses, but I'm not sure who has the def and the att to one shot after. That's not even taking into account Mulagir, but at least that is easier to tank even if def bonuses are nullified.

Vena

Thinking of building a Raven mage for all the incoming Lyns. I assume they need to take a full Brave Quickened Moonbow combo so they need to have decent defenses, but I'm not sure who has the def and the att to one shot after. That's not even taking into account Mulagir, but at least that is easier to tank even if def bonuses are nullified.

Just use MRobin, he's got the spread to tank and kill off of QR/Bonfire. He'll take zero damage from Lyn. If you run him with Bowbreaker and Distant Defense rather than TA3, he can even survive and kill Bridelia with Cancel Affinity (and Lyn). So that's two birds with one stone. He can generally wall out the extremely common red melee with or without TA3 thank to his ~30 defense/40 HP. Of course, with Steady Breathing, you could probably slap that on Robin and have him run Ignis instead, lol.

No other blue mage has the bulk/HP.

Otherwise, red is a bad color since it lines you up against Scorn, Linde, Bride Caeda, and Delthea, but you can tank Nino/Julia/Scam but can't really tank red melee. Green's got FRobin but she needs a lot of work to get to MRobin due to her tome, and she can't tank red melee (nor can she really tank Reinhardt, her res is too low and no nature to fix it with).

I think I hate the map with the 4 defensive tiles in the middle more than the double wall map. Horse emblem can literally cover 60% of that map from their starting position and probably wind up on a defense tile the next turn too

Top Bottom