• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sterok

Messed up once on Narcian Infernal, but Horse Emblem is still Horse Emblem. That Panic Ploy took me off guard though.Good thing we didn't have to deal with all that at first. I still remember when the Dance Nino Draw Back strategy was novel and stupidly effective here. Did the Anna and Narcian missions in one run for each. Keeping Olivia at 4* to bring Narcian down to 2 HP for my Narcian to eat sure has its benefits.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Need to tweak my Infernal Narcian team a bit. Tried following the video with Ike, Rein, Nino, and Ninian, but the enemy team doesn't bait properly. Maybe it's skill related or something, so I have to adjust.

spiritfox

Welp no Amelia. Only thing interesting was a +hp -res Sanaki. So many rolls with no green orbs.

Also destroyed Narcian Infernal with Horses. Not very interesting.

Sushen

Killing Narcian with Narcian turned out to be most difficult in this GHB, haha. Either my unit is too strong and kill him or my 3* Narcian can't handle badly damaged Narcian. That damn vengeance gets my Narcian.

PK Gaming

I thought my launch luck was bad after reaching like 4.75% without a 5-star, but Tiki broke my bad streak

No such luck this time however :(

Roman

There doesn't seem to be too many people on Brave Roy. I'm on the fence atm. How are you thinking to build him?

He already comes pretty complete out of the box except for his A. Depending on your budget you could consider Swift Sparrow/Life and Death/Spd+3.

Additionally you could replace Desperation with Swordbreaker.

Vena

At the very least, we can be sure that animal buffed units aren't doing anything more than unbuffed damage to Ike.

The special reads "Effective against flying and cavalry units. Foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) are nullified during combat."

If there's no mis-translation there, that means Ike hits for 1.5x against animals. On top of that, any combat he's engaged in is always against an unbuffed opponent.

People are saying that it should read more like, "Against cavalry and flying units, bonuses are nullified during combat." This is more in line with the Japanese ability apparently.

If the English is right then it's pretty bonkers as a skill. He could actually go toe to toe with horse buffed Xander (what buffs?) and give as good as he takes as far as damage goes. I don't think it'd be that good though but if we look at Lyn's B-skill we're looking at something in the same neighbourhood as far as OP-ness.

Its mistranslated, there's a degree of uncertainty with all of Ike's moves because his B is so different from how it reads in Japanese. Its very likely that it is not "he does extra damage against cavs and fliers" but that his skill removes buffs from cavs and fliers much as Lyn's prf weapon removes buffs from magic users.

This also makes his Urvan reading very unclear.

NSESN

Its mistranslated, there's a degree of uncertainty with all of Ike's moves because his B is so different from how it reads in Japanese. Its very likely that it is not "he does extra damage against cavs and fliers" but that his skill removes buffs from cavs and fliers much as Lyn's prf weapon removes buffs from magic users.

People on FEH Reddit already said that Urvan description is the same on japanese only his B is mistranslated.

Ninferno

I thought my launch luck was bad after reaching like 4.75% without a 5-star, but Tiki broke my bad streak

No such luck this time however :(

Condolences, bro. If it makes you feel better, I spent 500+ orbs in total during two failed attempts to snipe for Celica, got nothing but -Atk +Res Lucina, and -Spd +HP Delthea (when there were no red stones) to rub salt into the wound. Maybe still not as bad as yours, but pretty close I suppose.

Killing Narcian with Narcian turned out to be most difficult in this GHB, haha. Either my unit is too strong and kill him or my 3* Narcian can't handle badly damaged Narcian. That damn vengeance gets my Narcian.

In that case, why not just spam Pain, Poison Strike and such on the 9-2 Narcian?

Firemind

He already comes pretty complete out of the box except for his A. Depending on your budget you could consider Swift Sparrow/Life and Death/Spd+3.

Additionally you could replace Desperation with Swordbreaker.
Probably don't need Swordbreaker in pony emblem.

Probably gonna go with Darting Blow, Desperation, Fortify/Hone Cavalry. Maybe Guidance in non-Pony if I ever get Tana.

lt519

Infernal Narcian wasn't too bad, had to use a stamina pot to figure out positioning to avoid panic ploys.

Rein/Camus/Titania/Olivia

Rein kills top left sword user, Camus re-positions and tanks the bow next round. Olivia moves to the tree just below the mountains on the right side to bait Narcian. Next round Rein and Camus retreat, Titania uses Reciprocal Aid to heal Camus, Narcian attacks Olivia on the tree. Next player round Olivia kills Narcian and then Camus repositions her into range of the horse bow, Titania positions under Olivia and Rein positions under Camus (this makes Olivia and Titania take the Panic Ploy). Olivia tanks the bow user with her high speed. Next round Rein kills the bow user, Titania kills the Blue Mage and Camus (at full health due to Reciprocal Aid) moves one spot, gets danced, then kills green mage. Camus tanks a special blow from the Bow user and then finishes him off next round.

The Google Play video recorder isn't working so well, kept crashing as I tried to record, I'll try and capture a video later today.

Even though I beat Narcian Infernal first try it was quite challenging. Had to pull back a lot of times.
All units were infantry btw(Ike, Azura, Linde and S Gaius who barely did anything).

NSESN

Infernal Narcian wasn't too bad, had to use a stamina pot to figure out positioning to avoid panic ploys.

Rein/Camus/Titania/Olivia

Rein kills top left sword user, Camus re-positions and tanks the bow next round. Olivia moves to the tree just below the mountains on the right side to bait Narcian. Next round Rein and Camus retreat, Titania uses Reciprocal Aid to heal Camus, Narcian attacks Olivia on the tree. Next player round Olivia kills Narcian and then Camus repositions her into range of the horse bow, Titania positions under Olivia and Rein positions under Camus (this makes Olivia and Titania take the Panic Ploy). Olivia tanks the bow user with her high speed. Next round Rein kills the bow user, Titania kills the Blue Mage and Camus (at full health due to Reciprocal Aid) moves one spot, gets danced, then kills green mage. Camus tanks a special blow from the Bow user and then finishes him off next round.

The Google Play video recorder isn't working so well, kept crashing as I tried to record, I'll try and capture a video later today.
It worked here

I mean, it's not a complete mistranslation. "[This skill is] Effective against flying and cavalry units." makes sense and is what it is supposed to mean.

I guess the person responsible wasn't careful enough in that they forgot "Effective against" is the wording used for Armourslayer and other weapons for dealing extra damage, which is why we were all confused.

jnWake

Beat Infernal Narcian! First Infernal clear for me. It wasn't that tough, used a mage to kill the red sword and a mix of dancing and reposition to keep them safe, then I just baited the mounted archer and had a melee unit kill almost everyone else.

Vena

I mean, it's not a complete mistranslation. "[This skill is] Effective against flying and cavalry units." makes sense and is what it is supposed to mean.

I guess the person responsible wasn't careful enough in that they forgot "Effective against" is the wording used for Armourslayer and other weapons for dealing extra damage, which is why we were all confused.

Well, ya, a single word kind of chanages the meaning where generally they try to be consistent with mechanics wording.

We had similar confusion with Cancel Affinity and what is a "skill", and for Cancel Affinity weapons are not skills, and hence does not invert Raventomes. Of course, this now will beg the question if Roy's Blazing Durandal counts as a "skill" or if it stacks with Heavy Blade/Steady Breath.

And for Urvan the issue is "consecutive" where doubles from speed +5 are considered a "follow-up".

Sölf

Just beat Narcian normal mode on my 2* only file. Used Alfonse, Sharena, Anna and Virion, all level 39-40. Could definitly be done with lower levels and other units (Sophia instead of Alfonse for example). I am still interested to know when I will hit a real brickwall.

NSESN

Well, ya, a single word kind of chanages the meaning where generally they try to be consistent with mechanics wording.

We had similar confusion with Cancel Affinity and what is a "skill", and for Cancel Affinity weapons are not skills, and hence does not invert Raventomes. Of course, this now will beg the question if Roy's Blazing Durandal counts as a "skill" or if it stacks with Heavy Blade/Steady Breath.

And for Urvan the issue is "consecutive" where doubles from speed +5 are considered a "follow-up".
Again. It wouldn't say second onwards if it was brave weapons only. So it should work against desperation and when you can't counter.

Sciel

Finished all the GHB quests.
The defeating a level 35 Narcian above with your Narcian was pretty fun to do.

Was experimenting with some of my units and did it with a Tana (Guidance) + Amelia + Dancer + Narcian lol.

Tana kills the Archer, Guidance to teleport Amelia over the mountains and she basically does all the work killing mages/softening Narcian before moving in for the kill.

Hey in two days we will know.

A month from now we may still not know what sacred coins do.

I expect we will find out in the September version update, whenever that is.

I just assumed you need 50+ of them to do anything at all, so they let people earn them for a month so that more people can make use of them instead of them being whale only for a couple of weeks before others slowly get them too.

Sushen

Hey in two days we will know.

A month from now we may still not know what sacred coins do.
Haha, so true. I suspect sacred coins will be part of the next 1.7 update FEH channel. I'm guessing this will let us upgrade all those sacred seal attack 1 and stuff to attack 2 at the cost of 1 million coins.

Haha, so true. I suspect sacred coins will be part of the next 1.7 update FEH channel. I'm guessing this will let us upgrade all those sacred seal attack 1 and stuff to attack 2 at the cost of 1 million coins.

I think it will be to allow use to buy duplicates. So you can have 2 units running the same seal.

I think it will be to allow use to buy duplicates. So you can have 2 units running the same seal.

Perhaps. It's just a bit odd we have some seals that are named in the same manner as skills that can be upgraded to more effective versions, such as "Breath of Life 1", etc, but we already have seals that do the same thing, but with different names (Squad Ace A 1 being the same as HP+3, for example).

I guess you could argue duplication of them would make you have seals "Breath of Life 2" and "Squad ace A 2", but that'd be quite confusing given the skill naming scheme (although...see above discussion on ikes new skills! They're not above that mistake).

I hope sacred coins let you reset IVs

There's basically zero chance it's this.

Most likely they're something to do with Sacred Seals, hence the name. At a longer shot, they could be used as an alternate orb summon thing for weaker units (summon 1 and 2* units?).

They're not going to do away with the biggest whale magnet in the game (needing to pull with correct ivs).

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Beat Infernal Narcian with a full flier team. Picked off a few on one side, which lured everyone out of the mountain towards me. Flew over the mountain to take out the guys who weren't stuck in that alley, then let the remaining guys trickle in.

Perhaps. It's just a bit odd we have some seals that are named in the same manner as skills that can be upgraded to more effective versions, such as "Breath of Life 1", etc, but we already have seals that do the same thing, but with different names (Squad Ace A 1 being the same as HP+3, for example).

I guess you could argue duplication of them would make you have seals "Breath of Life 2" and "Squad ace A 2", but that'd be quite confusing given the skill naming scheme (although...see above discussion on ikes new skills! They're not above that mistake).

There's basically zero chance it's this.

Most likely they're something to do with Sacred Seals, hence the name. At a longer shot, they could be used as an alternate orb summon thing for weaker units (summon 1 and 2* units?).

They're not going to do away with the biggest whale magnet in the game (needing to pull with correct ivs).

I don't think the dupes would have a different name to indicate they are a dupe. It would just be Speed +1 like the other for example. This accomplishes a lot from a QOL perspective (not having to switch seals around all the time) and to give players another way to get seals they missed.

Letting people upgrade seals is an interesting thought though.

PK Gaming

Fuck

Fuck

I barely managed to get out of my hell. Christ that was tight.

URU4sii.png

Not quite the summer hottie I was looking for, but i'll take it! I've never loved Elise more than I do now.

explodet

Finally stopped procrastinating and started on the rest of the Time Limit maps. You guys weren't kidding, #3 is some straight up cow chips. At least the related mission isn't for an extra orb.
Not quite the summer hottie I was looking for, but i'll take it! I've never loved Elise more than I do now.
aaayyyy, good stuff.

Uguuuu...so close to my magical milestone of amassing 200+ free orbs before Brave heroes banner is out. Going to be a fun 20-minute summoning session where I get shafted over and over...just like how it took me 70 orbs to pull Genny during the last hero fest =.=...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Congrats on finally getting something.

What are people considering for CYL Lyn? Brave Bow + L&D? Or is keeping her default bow fine too?

Her legendary bow seems great as is. I'm not really warm to the idea of blowing the feathers to replace it.

Top Bottom