• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Hey remember when Lissa had 4x more votes than Priscilla in CYL then squashed her in the healer gauntlet with the Awakening vote?

oh wait

Game popularity is meaningless. Ephraim won against Chrom. And you forget that Lucina have a lot of haters, in fact Lyn is the only female that doesn't have a large haterbase.

Ugh.

Because the awakening votes went to more popular characters! Specifically Lucina!

And I'm not even going to dignify the stupid lissa post (because nobody likes lissa, came like 50th or later in the poll, which is basically random noise for the order at that point) with a response.
edit: scratch that, nobody gives a damn about any of the healers who were in that gauntlet, period.

Especially since I don't even like Awakening, but it goes beyond my vote of Ike winning by default if I had my way.

Draxal

I really have no clue on who will win the tournament, you can throw away the cyl votes now.

Actually, I take it back I know Chrom has no chance in hell.

I really have no clue on who will win the tournament, you can throw away the cyl votes now.

Actually, I take it back I know Chrom has no chance in hell.

Ike (1) v Roy (2), Hector (3) v Chrom (4), Lyn (1) v Lucina (2) and Tharja (3) v Camilla (4) in R1.

Like, unless some lucky Gaius multiplier shenanigans happen, I'm pretty sure it's going to go

R2
Ike
v
Hector

Lucina
v
Dunno, whichever boobs win out.

R3
Ike v Lucina. Probably to Lucinas win.

My plan is go mr fail himself, Chrom, first round for easy feathers and work it out from there. Probably Hector in round 2 and then dunno.

Would be lying if the last page didn't make me want to pick lucina just out of spite though

Free pull from male banner: no reds

Picked green, 4* Reposition.

Free pull from female banner: no reds

Picked green, 5* Sheena.

Since I already have Effie and enough feathers to promote Zephiel, I guess I'm building Armour Emblem.

Sölf

Paralogue 9&10 Chain Challenge done! Now only 7&8 from the Paralogues is missing and that stupid ass Firesweep + Drag Back combo will kill at least someone again on the first map, I just know it. Those aside, Chapter 10 and 12 solo and 9&10 and 11&12 still need to be done.

NSESN

Ugh.

Because the awakening votes went to more popular characters! Specifically Lucina!

And I'm not even going to dignify the stupid lissa post (because nobody likes lissa, came like 50th or later in the poll, which is basically random noise for the order at that point) with a response.
edit: scratch that, nobody gives a damn about any of the healers who were in that gauntlet, period.

Especially since I don't even like Awakening, but it goes beyond my vote of Ike winning by default if I had my way.

Again, you really overestimate Awakening popularity. In CYL a lot of people only had contact with the 3DS games, now you have way more people that know the old characters.

Firemind

Wow

I just discovered I have a +atk/-def Cecilia that I somehow DIDN'T manage to send home.

🤔🐎🐎🐎🐎

Draxal

Again, you really overestimate Awakening popularity. In CYL a lot of people only had contact with the 3DS games, now you have way more people that know the old characters.

I really think you're overestimating the popularity of the old games tbh, easy to make dupe accounts to fluff the numbers of certain characters.

Sterok

Whew, cleared Lunatic CC 11 + 12. Cherche/Olivia/Tharja/Ephraim up first. I was able to manipulate the AI well enough such that I took no damage on the first map. Second map I needed Tharja to tank and kill Boey on the first turn while also damaging the lance knight, but otherwise it was smooth sailing with no other damage. Reposition Drag Back Cherche is a god on map 3, letting me cluster up on the right side, then she nukes everything she touches, retreats to safety, and Olivia helps confuse them to go on the other side. No damage here. I don't know if map 4 is just impossible to clear no damage or if I keep messing up, but I couldn't manage it without some losses. On my winning run I was left with Cherche and Tharja. Tharja could nuke Boey on map 5, and Cherche could axe Mae's face in before finally dying.

Nino/Eirika/Olwen/Camus came in to finish off that nightmare. Even with only three units to deal with Nino and Olwen end up heavily damaged baiting Bruno or dueling Celica. Delthea is an ass on map 6, so I just suicide into her with Nino, finish her off with Camus, kill sword cav with Olwen, and let everyone die.

Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Azura to finish things off. Map 6 is now a joke for them. On map 7 Cecilia can one shot Leon while Rein nukes Saber. Azura danced Rein to safety while Xander covered Cecilia from axe fighter. I managed to get Cecilia's Draconic Aura up to one shot Sonya, which was nice. Map 8 is pretty easy with good Reposition/Drag Back/Dance movement. In map 9 Rein must kill Saber first. Then a retreat such that Leon hits Xander. Took a bunch of close calls to wipe out the remaining enemies, especially since Rein can't one shot red mage cav. Thankfully he can survive, and Xander had Blazing Light charged up to kill Sonya. Cecilia started map 10 with Draconic Aura charged, so she could counter kill Bruno. With him dead I could easily mop up everyone else, since the previous run Xander died, meaning I couldn't kill Sonya. Tough challenge, but preparation and overpowered ponies can overcome nearly anything.

NSESN

I really think you're overestimating the popularity of the old games tbh, easy to make dupe accounts to fluff the numbers of certain characters.

But you can do this with any character? I don't understand what you are trying to prove.

chrono01

So I'm new to this whole inheritance thing, and thought you had to learn the skill on the character you're inheriting to pass it over, so I've been grinding SP on my Abel to learn Swordbreaker 3 before I inherit it on my Azura.

Welp.

Julia completed

wAE6RXQl.png

Kenai

So I'm new to this whole inheritance thing, and thought you had to learn the skill on the character you're inheriting to pass it over, so I've been grinding SP on my Abel to learn Swordbreaker 3 before I inherit it on my Azura.

Welp.

Even better, if you want to inherit something like...Hone Fliers from Hinoka (who is the only person with it), instead of inheriting Hone Speed 1 and 2 and Hone Fliers all at the same time, you can inherit Hone Speed 1 and 2 from someone else first (like a 3-4* Matthew) and then get like...Hone Fliers and Brave Lance/Brave Lance+ so it doesn't go to waste.

It is good to learn stuff first sometimes though when merging the same character. Saves time grinding SP.

Draxal

But you can do this with any character? I don't understand what you are trying to prove.

This is the first poll that a salty fe7 and fe9 international fanbase thought they could make their voice heard.

Inflation probably happened here with all the games, but seven and nine benefitted from it the most.

chrono01

Even better, if you want to inherit something like...Hone Fliers from Hinoka (who is the only person with it), instead of inheriting Hone Speed 1 and 2 and Hone Fliers all at the same time, you can inherit Hone Speed 1 and 2 from someone else first (like a 3-4* Matthew) and then get like...Hone Fliers and Brave Lance/Brave Lance+ so it doesn't go to waste.

It is good to learn stuff first sometimes though when merging the same character. Saves time grinding SP.
Awesome stuff, thanks!

NSESN

This is the first poll that a salty fe7 and fe9 international fanbase thought they could make their voice heard.

Inflation probably happened here with all the games, but seven and nine benefitted from it the most.

I am sorry, but you are trying to hard to prove something that is pointless.

Sushen

By now, everyone got NSESN doesn't like fates and hates Lucina, which is fine as he has his right to do so, let's move on. It's not like either side has a fact to back it up. It's ok to like/hate whatever but this echo chamber is getting tiring.

NSESN

By now, everyone got NSESN doesn't like fates and hates Lucina, which is fine as he has his right to do so, let's move on. It's not like either side has a fact to back it up. It's ok to like/hate whatever but this echo chamber is getting tiring.

Lucina is my favourite Awakening character, and probablly be my pick if Ike loses. And my favourite character is from Fates (Odin, that is trash in Heroes for my sadnes)

NSESN

I'm still salty as fuck that Sigurd only got 55 in that poll.

when is he coming into the game.

I hope they start adding Genealogy, Thracia and RD characters after CYL. Micaiah is the only lord from a translated game yet to appear.

champloo

I am hoping that one(or more) of the older games is getting an Echoes remake, and the units will join Heroes when that happens.

Golnei

I am hoping that one(or more) of the older games is getting an Echoes remake, and the units will join Heroes when that happens.

I don't think it's going to take that long to get more Jugdral units (and Micaiah, if no other RD-exclusive characters), at least. Remakes wouldn't be coming out until after FE Switch (so 2019 at the earliest), and there are already Genealogy and Thracia characters in the game.

How are people doing on the catalog? I'm at 118/168.

I've been playing this since day one and I've yet to summon the following at any rarity:

Roderick
Jeorge
Sheena
Boey
Cordelia
Kagero
Effie

Many other 4-5* Heroes I've only received one copy of (with terrible stats, too). The remainder of my missing entries are 5* exclusives and Limited Heroes.

spiritfox

Stats are up. They seems to be based on the base heroes, but with a bit more points.

Lucina has lower res than Ike lol.

Edit: Nvm, forgot to account for the additional stats from their weapons. Looks like they're the same totals?

lt519

114, I'm missing a lot of standard units; Lyn, Hector (my white whale), Jeorge, Minerva, YTiki, Eldigan, Olwen, Effie, Karel, Ephraim, Ryoma, Takumi, Leo, Elise

Really would like Hector, Effie, Ryoma and Takumi.

Sushen

Lyn's numbers look great. Once I SI distant counter, Ike is a baby Hector. The rest are ok, stats-wise.

I'll be torn if I would go BB or keep her weapon as I already have two BB warriors.

Ninferno

Nah. Lyn won the CYL vote, but barely anyone voted for any other characters from her game other than hector. After them, the next highest was Dorcas at 21st, which were joke votes, and then Eliwood all the way down at 36th. Meanwhile, awakening had 13 characters above the main lord of the game Lyn is in, all getting votes that the awakening crowd will put on to Tharja or Lucina.

Isn't this exactly what is hurting Lucina's chance with the current bracket configuration in the first place? Had her faced Lyn in the 2nd round instead (after these two supposedly defeat Tharja and Camilla), what you pointed out here might work to Lucina's advantage as in "the combined 3DS crowd rallies under Lucina's banner". But now that it is confirmed she will face Lyn in the 1st round, she will just face a similar situation as CYL which had her base eroded by Tharja and Camilla alike.

Anyway, enough of baseless speculations. I don't care about VG other than the feathers; and I want to be as lazy as possible too. I probably will go with Tharja for round 1 simply because I have a 4* lv1 Tharja lying around. Her likeliness in winning round 1 is just a bonus. lol

lt519

Def going Lyn, don't have a 5* bow user and the higher level arena flier emblem is killing me in Arena Assault.

I'll pull for Ike after since I'm missing a Hector anyways.

champloo

I don't think it's going to take that long to get more Jugdral units (and Micaiah, if no other RD-exclusive characters), at least. Remakes wouldn't be coming out until after FE Switch (so 2019 at the earliest), and there are already Genealogy and Thracia characters in the game.

I think the older games need remakes for some recognition before they are expanded on in FEH, and I wish Genealogy or Thracia are in line for a SoV treatment, it could even be a smaller scale project alongside FE switch.

But you are right, we need more Jugdral units!

Ninferno

Stats and skills look legit, will go with the "Lyn as free pick" plan then.

I'm really not liking IS opening a Pandora's box and disrupting the balance just for the sake of "popular" characters though, but what can I say.

champloo

Looking at Urvan's description, 'If unit receives consecutive attacks, damage from second attack onward reduced by 80%.'

I wonder if this is only for dealing against brave weapons, since reducing damage from all follow-up attacks by 80% sounds broken..

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Looking at Urvan's description, 'If unit receives consecutive attacks, damage from second attack onward reduced by 80%.'

I wonder if this is only for dealing against brave weapons, since reducing damage from all follow-up attacks by 80% sounds broken..
Astra! :3

Yea it sounds it is talking strictly about two attacks in a row by an attacker. So if a unit attacks and Ike counters and the other attacks again that second attack is not consecutive and would not be reduced. Urvan's ability is there to counter brave weapon users, and following that brave attack he can have a bonfire charged and ready to retaliate.

Ninferno

BTW, some info on this week's AA cut-offs:
4950 is at #944, so the top 1K cut-off could be 4946, compared to last week's 4934, that's a 12-point jump.

4822 is at #4376, so the top 5K cut-off should still be 481x, compared to last week's 4810, there's no significant increase.

This is very good news for me as I will be far away from both cut-offs for the conceivable future. I will have the freedom to invest in more usable units rather than the boring concentration on the very few.

Ninferno

Yea it sounds it is talking strictly about two attacks in a row by an attacker. So if a unit attacks and Ike counters and the other attacks again that second attack is not consecutive and would not be reduced. Urvan's ability is there to counter brave weapon users, and following that brave attack he can have a bonfire charged and ready to retaliate.

How about Desperation though? If it reduces the 2nd Desperation hit as well, it is still pretty OP and blocks quite a few potential soft counter options.

How about Desperation though? If it reduces the 2nd Desperation hit as well, it is still pretty OP.

It would work for that as well. Though to be honest I don't know if I have put myself in that situation before. Meaning the AI mage was somehow not dead after an attack and was in desperation range. Guess it would be good to troll on defense, but at 20 resistance?

champloo

It would work for that as well. Though to be honest I don't know if I have put myself in that situation before. Meaning the AI mage was somehow not dead after an attack and was in desperation range. Guess it would be good to troll on defense, but at 20 resistance?

How about when Ike initiate the attack and gets doubled on the counter? does consecutive counterattack count? :p

alcheim

How are people doing on the catalog? I'm at 118/168.

I've been playing this since day one and I've yet to summon the following at any rarity:

Roderick
Jeorge
Sheena
Boey
Cordelia
Kagero
Effie

Many other 4-5* Heroes I've only received one copy of (with terrible stats, too). The remainder of my missing entries are 5* exclusives and Limited Heroes.

I'm still missing Karel, Mist, Saber, and Leon, plus the 4 new CYL units. I have an unrealistic goal of completing this Pokedex (FEHDex?).

How about when Ike initiate the attack and gets doubled on the counter? does consecutive counterattack count? :p

Truth is we don't know. But the language of the skill implies it would be reduced.

"If unit receives consecutive attacks, damage from second attack onward reduced by 80%."

Top Bottom