• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devolver Digital announcing their first Switch game at GDC

jonno394

I mentioned this in the full switch game list thread, but hoping for Enter The Gungeon port or Crossing Souls.

or Hatoful Boyfriend to give the Phoenix Wright crowd something to enjoy!

Neat. Devolver is one of the better publishing names in the indie space. If they get behind the Switch consistently, it will be a huge boost to the catalog.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's going to be a port of an existing game. I'll add to the nomination pool with Talos.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That would be awesome. My money is on Hotline Miami double pack.

Talos has a very basic control system, so I actually do think there's a distinct possibility of it being the game in question, especially due to the strong reception it received, Croteam confirming a sequel, and the game moving to a Vulkan-based renderer exclusively in the near future (I'd imagine Nvidia's graphics API is OpenGL/Vulkan-based).

Oregano

Talos has a very basic control system, so I actually do think there's a distinct possibility of it being the game in question, especially due to the strong reception it received, Croteam confirming a sequel, and the game moving to a Vulkan-based renderer exclusively in the near future (I'd imagine Nvidia's graphics API is OpenGL/Vulkan-based).

Even if it wasn't you can just straight up Vulkan for developing Switch games from what we've heard.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I find it weird that it's "hopefully" coming later this year. If 2018 is a possibility, that tells me that it's a new game or that they only recently started working on the port and porting will take a while.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'd be down with just about anything from them. Gungeon would be something I'd want to be able to take with me everywhere.

NotLiquid

Enter the Gungeon

mqPE7ro.gif

Cuburt

Ohhhh boy! GDC is normally interesting for me for a few tidbits of announcements and info, but I'm really excited to hear what developers and publishers will have to say about the Switch. I think a lot of people will have a lot to say and I'm optimistic that most of it will be positive.

I'm anticipating a whole blowout of more indie titles coming soon.

Devolver is definitely a publisher I'm looking forward to on the Switch. I'd double dip every game I own by them on it. I'm hoping it's Ruiner or a new IP altogether

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be very, very surprised if we saw Hotline Miami anywhere near a Nintendo console.

For what reason? I'm not super familiar with the game, but if your concern stems from the game's content, does Binding of Isaac getting a retail release on Switch change your mind?

Opa-Pa

I really need a good excuse to play both Hotline Miami games again, and the Vita versions were my favorite, so I wouldn't mind a compilation.

Spinluck

Switch will end up being the ultimate port machine, but it's gonna need some new non Nintendo IPs in the future. Hope it gets the install base to encourage devs, and hopefully games can be profitable on the console.

Decider

For what reason? I'm not super familiar with the game, but if your concern stems from the game's content, does Binding of Isaac getting a retail release on Switch change your mind?
I'm not concerned but no, it doesn't. Do you think things like the sexual assault in 2 would make it across?

Durante

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Croteam port -- they are good at getting their technology up and running on new platforms, and they have already invested in Vulkan.

Top Bottom