• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
icLyPHAnA2q34.png

Developer: Valve
Platform: PC
Genre: MOBA (Dota?) [same genre as League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth]
Join: The "Neogaf" channel in-game to play with other Gaffers, the mumble server to talk to some of Dota GAF.
Warning: If you are new to this game, be careful – you WILL suck. This is not Team Fortress 2. The barrier to competence is long and frustrating. There’s a lot of information to absorb, a significant amount of it unintuitive. But we're here to help!
Updates: Updates to the game occur every Wednesday at approx. 5pm PST, patched to the Test Server. This is then patched over to the actual game on Thursday.

kyAZBaa.png

uMeUJ.png

The following list is only an approximation of what role each hero fulfills. Every hero can be played in a wide variety of ways. The meta is always evolving and innovation is the greatest strength you can have.
If you are new and interested in learning how to play a hero, use the guide resource hub up above to look up what skills to level, what items to purchase, and what role to play.

GXrVbnD.gif
MggEotf.png

tMdX4hS.gif
VoiDxom.png

ygvsDaB.gif
ywT7ASh.png

IifrwwM.gif
lBU90ez.png

qRSp0LM.gif
B3zECLa.png

~

WALL OF SHAME
T5BXeul.png

~

QCKjq0y.gif

time 4 dota

Sliver

I'm thinking they're going to surprise us with a large multi-hero update (like 3-4) with the upcoming Halloween and custom game stuff.

AT LEAST 1-2 heroes.

Zeth

Guys I'm so new to Dota, I don't even get the whining about parity. Shit, I get excited for new hats every other week since I don't know any better (besides that Abaddon anamoly), jelly? :p

Artanisix

I'm absolutely baffled that you didn't take two minutes to PM me and ask me to make the new OT. Then you didn't even other to copy/paste the code from the old thread to this one out of sheer laziness. It's no secret that you don't even like the game so why in the hell did you take it upon yourself to do this? Also, changing the god damn title pisses me off to no end because I thought about titles for days for a VERY SPECIFIC REASON. I SPECIFICALLY came up with a title that didn't have the stupid inside jokes or anything of the sort and was made for people who knew nothing about the game. Thank you for turning the OT into a worthless hivemind inside joke with no information because you couldn't take the time to send me a PM.

SamVimes

I'm absolutely baffled that you didn't take two minutes to PM me and ask me to make the new OT. Then you didn't even other to copy/paste the code from the old thread to this one out of sheer laziness. It's no secret that you don't even like the game so why in the hell did you take it upon yourself to do this? Also, changing the god damn title pisses me off to no end because I thought about titles for days for a VERY SPECIFIC REASON. I SPECIFICALLY came up with a title that didn't have the stupid inside jokes or anything of the sort and was made for people who knew nothing about the game. Thank you for turning the OT into a worthless hivemind inside joke with no information because you couldn't take the time to send me a PM.

You got me.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yea, I'm thinking this also. Probably Legion Commander and Ember Spirit. Possibly Techies.

I'm also kind of expecting multiple heroes whenever we get a new one. It would certainly make sense to theme an update around new heroes. The question though is when that would be. I do not expect any with the Halloween update. Maybe November if we're lucky.

I'm also kind of expecting multiple heroes whenever we get a new one. It would certainly make sense to theme an update around new heroes. The question though is when that would be. I do not expect any with the Halloween update. Maybe November if we're lucky.

Well, if it's anything like TF2's hayday, we'll be seeing monthly major content updates, this month obviously being Halloween, so probably next month for heroes. There will probably be a balance patch some time eventually too.

And meepo is still in the "I am new who should I play banner" -__-

Edit: oh. Oh.

G.ZZZ

This topic is so dead we could start to post remakes for abilities and it would improve its content:

Silence->Silencing Trap.
Drow enchant a zone of terrain and heroes triggering it are silenced.
The trap last 7 seconds and give you vision. AoE of 300. The silence effect is instant and cancel the trap.
The trap trigger on invisible units too. The trap is invisible and can't be removed (think like Brood's webs).

Silence duration 3/4/5/6
CD - 16 (slightly increased)
Mana cost - 90
Casting range - 900

This can work exactly as the old spell (you can cast on an area and silence all inside, it has the same AoE and cast range), but has a lot of different uses too: it can work as a vision source (last 7 seconds with decent AoE vision, think to push uphill towers) and can be used pre-emptively to zone out people from it and promote good positioning.
The best trick you can do with this, however, is to stand in it to prevent people to blink initiate on you (ES blink in-> get silenced and die, same for clock/puck), or just trap around the hero you don't want the other team to initiate on, especially good for pushes on HG.
This would make it different from DP's silence, would give it a lot of more strategic depth (can be used as straight silence, for vision, as an anti-initiate spell etc...), and would also help one of drow's biggest problems (being useless against blinkers).

Einbroch

Banned
I almost fell for it. Then it clicked.

Guesong

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

Hope Diretide is making a comeback this year, I want my easy items. Near what time did it appears last year?

iloled

Banned
so what do you think is needed to let valve know that they need to change their direction with regards to the game?

stupid cosmetics like deathripper/justin beaver need to go

G.ZZZ

What was the original reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom