• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow S2 |OT| CW's Justice Society of Vancouver - Tuesdays 9/8c

TheOddOne

mainacs09.png

Mobile:
1500x500

CW - Returns on October 13th

About the show:

After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the corrupt Time Masters who colluded with him, a new threat emerges. Dr. Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), an unconventional and charming historian, is thrust into the action upon making a shocking discovery – the Legends are scattered throughout time. Nate must find a way to rescue season one’s beloved team of heroes and rogues, including billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), who has created an exo-suit with the power to shrink him to miniscule size, as the Atom; Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), the White Canary, a trained assassin; Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm; and Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), aka Heat Wave, a career criminal.

When the Legends encounter the J.S.A (the Justice Society of America, the precursor to DC’s Justice League) in the 1940s, Amaya Jiwe (Maisie Richardson-Sellers), aka Vixen, joins the team. While the team reunites, a mystery looms – the fate of former captain Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill).

Once reunited, the Legends continue their new mission to protect the timeline from temporal aberrations – unusual changes to history that spawn potentially catastrophic consequences. When Nate, the grandson of J.S.A. member Commander Steel, unexpectedly finds himself with powers, he must overcome his own insecurities and find the hero within himself. Ultimately, the Legends will clash with foes both past and present, to save the world from a mysterious new threat.

Cast:

Arthur Darvill as
Captain "Rip Hunter"

Caity Lotz as
Sara Lance/White Canary

Franz Drameh as
Jefferson "Jax" Jackson

Dominic Purcell as
Mick Rory

Maisie Richardson-Sellers as
Amaya Jiwe/Vixen

Nick Zano as
Dr. Nate Heywood

Victor Garber as
Professor Martin Stein

Brandon Routh as
Dr. Ray Palmer

Guests:

Patrick J. Adams as
Rex Tyler

Neal McDonough as
Damien Darhk

Lance Henricksen as
Todd Rice (voice)

Dan Payne as
Todd Rice

Sarah Grey as
Coutney Whitmore

Kwesi Ameyaw as
Dr. Mid-Nite

Matthew MacCaull as
Henry Heywood

Media:

Teaser | Trailer

Sephzilla

Surprisingly excited. Legends started off super weak last season and ended really strong.

Is
Captain Cold
really gone?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Season 1 was a dog's breakfast but I'm hoping they'll turn it around with a fresh start in Season 2. I hope that poster is indicative of the direction of the show. More White Canary in the Captain's chair!

Joni

Finally subscribed to all the topics I need. Where do those one-pagers come from for all the topics?

JSevere

Shame they couldn't get Vixen's original actress back, but the way they worked around it is pretty great.

I'm assuming this has the same budget as a 22 episode season, but there are only 13 produced episodes, right? Visual effects should look very pretty then.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm assuming this has the same budget as a 22 episode season, but there are only 13 produced episodes, right? Visual effects should look very pretty then.

ahahahahaha lmao no, that's not how TV works

Probably has a higher budget per episode than the rest of the Arrowverse but not by much.

TheOddOne

Shame they couldn't get Vixen's original actress back, but the way they worked around it is pretty great.

For LoT, compared to Flash and Arrow, you have to take in account the different locations they will visit each week, the arc-specific guests, the crossover and more. They might splurge on some bigger set pieces with some nicer visual effect, but don't expect it all to go to special effects.

Prologue

Oh, the show got renewed? I remember hearing some negative things during the first episode . Glad to hear it, I should watch the show sometime?

Caitz is incredibly beautiful ._.

I hope they just don't like Ciara Renée so they never use her again.

We're doomed then. Guggie likes horribly written characters with bad actors who he gives increasingly more screentime too. Expect the Hawks back by episode 2, with Mama and Papa Hawk showing up soon after as LOT becomes Kendra and Friends.

ZeroX03

Banned
They might give the Hawks a pity episode to wrap up their arc. I don't know. They're aware that plot didn't work.

My theory is still that every writer thinks they can do the impossible and make Hawkman a compelling character because it's never been done before. They all try. They all fail. Sorry Scott.

Joni

We're doomed then. Guggie likes horribly written characters with bad actors who he gives increasingly more screentime too. Expect the Hawks back by episode 2, with Mama and Papa Hawk showing up soon after as LOT becomes Kendra and Friends.

By all accounts, everybody seems to like Emily on set, hanging out with her all the time, like she is BFF with Roy. So I don't know how that comparison makes sense outside of the same Guggenheim-shitposting.

Let's hope that
2056 Barry isn't an idiot......
oh who am I kidding, yes he will lol.

Ayy Lmao at the zombies part.

Checking in and messing up the timeline here. Who else is with me in destroying the timeline?

The new trailer full version:

https://youtu.be/eLHj1-gE488

Holy hype.

OMG
They're just going all out lol Am I actually more excited about LoT than Flash? I think I am

If I had to guess, it's because Season 1 didn't do so hot ratings wise (it was still good mind you, just below expectations) and because the CW needs to make room for all of their new and returning shows.

:(
Whatever keeps it going, I guess.

That's good. Hopefully that means no filler.

Yeah, good point. Keeping their foot on the gas I hope

Top Bottom