• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm not jinxing anything but I just don't see how CLE guards GS. Conversely, I feel that GS has the pieces to slightly slow down CLE.

-The 3 centers can put up a fight against Thompson.
-Draymond should absolutely own Love.
-KD and Iggy can at least make Lebron work.
-Klay can do as good a job as anyone on Kyrie although when he gets it going it doesn't matter who's on him.
-Steph on JR is fine

Lkr

I don't think it will be a sweep but Warriors will win in 6 or less. Too many matchup problems and the only players I can trust on defense for Cleveland are LeBron and Tristan Thompson

JavyOO7

Kyle Korver is a good dude but so is Javale McGee... ideally, I'd like both teams to win, but alas...

I think with KD, Warriors go over the hump... rather easily. 5 games maybe? My predictions are always bad, but either way, can't wait to watch highlights.

Umbooki

I'm ready for a complete stinker. The playoffs robbed me of my optimism and killed any sort of momentum we had coming off the regular season.

4 blowouts & out.

Cavs sweep and send KD to the Sunken Place.

Derwind

I'm going with Cavs in this series.

LeBron vs Durant will be amazing.

Kyrie definitely going to have Curry scratching his head at least 1 or 2 games.

Klay has the clear advantage between him & JR.

Draymonds defense is going to have a bigger impact than Loves offense but it's a tough call but Draymomd is the better player to have.

Tristan >>> Zaza

Cavs in 7.

Dynomutt

I'm ready for a complete stinker. The playoffs robbed me of my optimism and killed any sort of momentum we had coming off the regular season.

4 blowouts & out.

Cavs sweep and send KD to the Sunken Place.

I just don't see it. Brain says Warriors just too many weapons and Heart say Cavs, I could see LBJ trying to pace the game and grinding it out.

Curry/Durant/Klay if they get hot is scary.

Cooter

I just don't see it. Brain says Warriors just too many weapons and Heart say Cavs, I could see LBJ trying to pace the game and grinding it out.

Curry/Durant/Klay if they get hot is scary.
Yeah, if Klay stays cold then we have a series. If he reverts back his normal self the Cavs are in trouble.

LMAO no it won't, you still LOST. Wrong.

Like I would give a damn about the past if the Warriors win and Lebron loses again. You're right, the image will be outdated garbage instead.

After last finals I have no idea at saying Warriors in 4 after that choke job. It's going to 6/7

Spoken like someone who started watching the series on the 7th game and also didn't pay attention to how they improved this year.

Dynomutt

Can the Cavs really overcome the magical toaster? I fear Dubs in 4.

The-Brave-Little-Toaster-film-images-58ed9c38-f12a-463e-96fa-aece661e862.jpg

Anything's possible if you Becleve!

oSQBs7A.gif

lol
I stopped paying attention for two seconds after the Hawks got unceremoniously bounced out, and now it's a rematch?
Blergh.

Completely difgerent situation this year. Dubs are healthy, Dray is unlikely to get suspended and they've got toaster meme-magic.
Most definitely more in their favor (can't believe it could be more one sided but here we are) and ya the toaster magic is real but can't see a sweep..now a reverse sweep

Kickz

Crazy thing is, these two teams barring injuries will be here again next year.

I don't care who wins but for the love of God, give us something competitive..

The saltier team usually prevails in rematches and the Warriors are salty af.

I can see the games being close but I think the Kooky Goatee Villains will get it done.

Playoffs were generally terrible this year. Which sucks because I look forward to NBA playoffs all year long.

I'ma go off if this series is lopsided garbage too.

Jarlaxle

The smart choice would be GS here as they just have too much in their favor.

However, Fuck Kevin Durant.

Cavs in 6.

RootCause

Nightmare finals for me. I'll go with the same guess as last year. 4-1 GS. Even without Durant, they were the better team on paper.

Can't wait for the off season.

VeeP

Warriors in 6. Steph, Draymond, Klay etc are pissed off about last year. They're pissed off about the jokes Lebron's been making all year. They're anxious. They've been waiting. They want this.

KD knows this is what he signed up for. He hasn't gone to the finals in years. He's ready to become Finals MVP.

Cooter

Warriors in 6. Steph, Draymond, Klay etc are pissed off about last year. They're pissed off about the jokes Lebron's been making all year. They're anxious. They've been waiting. They want this.

KD knows this is what he signed up for. He hasn't gone to the finals in years. He's ready to become Finals MVP.
Nah, this is Steph's year for finals MVP.

VeeP

Nah, this is Steph's year for finals MVP.

I'd really like that tbh. I think he's still haunted/disappointed in his performance last season. And maybe it was because of injuries, maybe it wasn't. But that's not an excuse he likes to use.

But Kyrie looked amazing the past two games. I hope Curry is fired up and ready to ball.

nemesun

Celts were pure garbage and managed to scrap a W without Isaiah. Cavs managed to sweep the Least and now facing their first real challenge against a team who coasted through the west against undermanned teams who had their star players out injured. Whoever wins, we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom