• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bam Bam Baklava in 2022 "No one will post that image more than me if the Cavs lose. The meaning of that image will completely change once Lebron retires."

Speaking of which, it's going to be nice watching Lebron getting old and get lit up by some no name young guy fresh into the league.

That's probably the only time it will be enjoyable to watch Lebron play. Hopefully he stays stubborn and doesn't retire early.

Speaking of which, it's going to be nice watching Lebron getting old and get lit up by some no name young guy fresh into the league.

That's probably the only time it will be enjoyable to watch Lebron play. Hopefully he stays stubborn and doesn't retire early.

So, the same thing that'll happen to every player, right?

Kickz

Warriors in 5
Cavs get game 3 due to the Warriors playing shook

giphy.gif

Nafai1123

Banned
And this year the Warriors don't have double agent Varejao to hand the game to the Cavs.

Warriors centers were garbage last year in the Finals. Bogut was out, Ezeli couldn't catch a damn pass and Varajao was...well....Varajao. They had to go with the small ball lineup a lot which hurt them on the glass against the length of the Cavs.

Three-headed center of Zaza/McGee/West is so much better.

Let's rough up the Cavs same way they did to us last year. Holding, pulling, pushing all the time. Man up.

As a fan of neither team, I'm fully anticipating a series full of Curry getting manhandled while the refs swallow their whistles.

Sports hate is one thing, we all have players or teams we don't like, but I think Bam Bam would actually knife LeBron if he saw him on the street.

Get help, bro.

Breh, what is this. I find the guy's LeBron hate as annoying as anyone, but don't bring this weird shit ITT. Just put his ass on ignore if he keeps trolling.

boiled goose

good with gravy
For the first time ever I find myself rooting for Lebron.

KD going to GS after having a great team OKC just to win a Championship really rubs me the wrong way. So much worse than Lebron going to Miami. Going to the guys that beat you after you choke a big lead away.

Go Cleveland. All hail the king.

BadAss2961

I do look forward to the day where LeBron is getting Rousey'd by some kid. Hopefully that kid is just as full of himself too.
Sports hate is one thing, we all have players or teams we don't like, but I think Bam Bam would actually knife LeBron if he saw him on the street.

Get help, bro.

lol

Hate both teams.

Dubs in 5.

If bron beats these warriors, he is goat.

If he loses, except a new Super team to attempt to form to try and topple this golden tryanny.

Jarmel

Banned
It should be interesting how this year's outcome affects narratives. If GS sweeps the Cavs, I wonder if last year was going to be viewed as a fluke and Draymond fucking up. Or would it just be attributed to Durant?

Nafai1123

Banned
It should be interesting how this year's outcome affects narratives. If GS sweeps the Cavs, I wonder if last year was going to be viewed as a fluke and Draymond fucking up. Or would it just be attributed to Durant?

No matter what happens, the hot-takes are guaranteed to be ridiculous.

Cavs need to try to expose him on defense, play LeBron + 4 shooter's type schemes

Although his defense has gotten far better, tbh

If Cleveland tries that, the Warriors will respond with a small ball lineup. Which would give them the option to keep a 7- footer in the game in Durant. Plus, Cleveland's shooters aren't very good on defense.

Had the Cavs lost in 5 last year the following happens.

KD comes to Boston or Washington
Ainge trades Bradley, Crowder x the #3 pick for Love (up to game 5 lolove was worthless) Bradley could be the Steph stopper LeBron would want
Kyrie gets traded for CP3

LeBron had a full healthy Cavs team about to lose 4-1, it would have broke him, injury excuses from last year would have been laughed at.

If LeBron gets swept it'll just cause all the late signings - Williams x 2 , Jefferson, etc to be let go

If they lose in 5 or more they will add melo :eek:

If the Cavs lose, Bam Bam still has to wake up to the same life he had the day before (which is being the joke of the NBA community thread).

I think the Warriors win in 5. They have the potential to sweep, but I think the Cavs steal one.

mxgt

Banned

I'm actually curious as to just why you dislike LeBron so much?

Maxim726X

No fucking way.

It will be 'Durant bitched out and joined an already super team, making it super-er, because he couldn't win in OKC'.

Cavs are playing with house money. The sport is in a terrible place right now.

crpav

I just want it to not be rigged to make more money for the league...You know, 7 games just to draw it out which is beyond fake. Game 1 blow out, game 2 blowout, game 3 blowout for the other team, game 4 close, game 5 blow out, game 6 blow out for other team leading to close game 7.

Sure I sound crazy and it's probably not true but I always question how a team can blow another team out easily 2 games in a row then not show up the next game or 2. I don't buy home court crap.

Matticers

Rooting for the Cavs because I'm tired of these superteams... even though Cleveland isn't much better in that regard. I think the Warriors win in 6 though. I have a feeling Lebron will do his thing but his guys will let him down. I don't think they'll have the great performances they had leading up to this point. And the Cavs defense can be pretty bad. Not to mention the Warriors are out for revenge and to make up for their choke job last year. But we'll see.

Fjordson

My head says Warriors in 5-6, my gut says Cavs in 7.

On paper the Dubs got this. But LeBron is the glitch in the Matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom