• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Clearlake enters w/ purchase agreement [OP Update 2]

Anyone know what the bid was by Clearwater?

http://chapter11cases.com/thq-inc-f...-plans-asset-sale-to-clearlake-capital-group/

Pursuant to that agreement, Clearlake Capital has agreed to acquire substantially all of the assets of THQ’s operating business, including THQ’s four owned studios and games in development, for aggregate consideration of approximately $60 million, including a new $10 million note for the benefit of the company’s creditors. Clearlake Capital’s offer is subject to higher or otherwise better offers... THQ will ask the Court for a schedule to complete the sale process in about 30 days.

WWE released a statement addressing their video game partner, THQ, announcing bankruptcy.

"WWE is following the developments of THQ's bankruptcy filing today and proposed sale under Bankruptcy Code Section 363. The Company anticipates actively participating within this proceeding."

What exactly does the WWE mean by "actively participating"? They don't want to buy THQ, do they?

BD1

Banned
What exactly does the WWE mean by "actively participating"? They don't want to buy THQ, do they?

WWE wants their $45 million. Or more likely, as much as US Bankruptcy Court will sign off on. I figure they'll get 30-40 cents on the dollar.

Perfect time to get the WWE license to a new company. With the new consoles coming up they can get a company to build a game from the ground up for the new systems. NO MORE YUKES!

chiablo

Who's going to end up with the rights to the nail in THQ's coffin?

2Vyov.jpg

boingball

Seems not enough people choose the right charity (THQ) when they bought the Humble Bundle?

Sad about this news, for the employees and their families. And more competition is good for the industry, even though the only THQ games I bought in years are the Saints Rows games.

I wonder whether Jason Rubin now regrets his move from ND to THQ.

luffeN

Would be nice if the first teaser/trailer of Saints Row 4 shows some guy holding a bancruptcy notice dated to today, reading a bit of it, laughing about it and tearing it apart xD

Zarx

Would be nice if the first teaser/trailer of Saints Row 4 shows some guy holding a bancruptcy notice dated to today, reading a bit of it, laughing about it and tearing it apart xD

The 3rd street saints have massive debts thanks to launching their own tablet and now they have been forced to file for chapter 11. All assets were frozen so you have to start from the bottom and earn the money needed to pay off their debts and save the company.

Hmm could work

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
More sad news. I'll always appreciate THQ for giving me a start in the industry. Guess it still isn't quite over, so crossing my fingers for them.

Top Bottom