• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Hellers

I haven't played for a very, very long time but want to get back into it. Is there any tutorial mode so I can remind myself how to play?

In case anyone missed it here's a free weapon slot and 5,000 creds:

saulo27w7d8z.jpg

Enter at www.warframe.com/promocode

red731

Just reinstalled the game due to what I saw.
Don't know if I'will play often but from what I've played it was smooth as ever and then some.
Mainly the movement and advanced part of it.

nOoblet16

As with everyone I am getting back to this game. I think I was level 14 or so, how much further do I have to go before I can play raids and trials ?

I am a fan of Destiny raids so I really want something similar and I have a feeling that the trials in Warframe are like that. So I'm quite excited to play them.

There's an interesting idea that maybe having five of a "set mod" would increase each spot, that is if you equipped 5 set mods with different effects they would somehow buff each other, because you can't equip five of the same mod (unless that changes with this update). But there's not enough information at this point for what that is.

Briarios

After having not played for awhile, it's impressive how much the gameplay has improved. I'm also appreciative that my prime stuff is still valid in the game lol I was worried all my gear would be useless after a couple years, but they've done a good job keeping stuff relevant while adding stuff I want to unlock.

I'm impressed.

Glad you're back. Invite sent.

I routinely kick people for inactivity to keep the clan healthy, and we're always happy to invite people back when they pick the game back up. It's nothing personal. For the sake of transparency, the clan doesn't have a firm policy for inactivity, but I usually let people who are under mastery rank 10 go for no more than 20 days or so offline. Higher mastery ranks get a little more flexibility, and I've created a special rank for people who are on a break and let me know.

If we wait for extended periods to see whether new players are going to be consistently active, it could hurt us during clan events and ultimately kill the clan entirely as our active players could seek out more active clans. I think brininging people back in as they request is a better approach, because at least we're inviting the folks who do come back to a healthy clan. Also, every clan member has the permissions to send clan invites, so it shouldn't take long.

Anyway, welcome back!

I've been a little bit scarce while dropping a platinum trophy on Horizon Zero Dawn, but I've still logged in every day. Fantastic game BTW.

I was booted for the same reason, if you get a moment to add me back in, I'd appreciate it :D Same PS4 name as here.

As with everyone I am getting back to this game. I think I was level 14 or so, how much further do I have to go before I can play raids and trials ?

I am a fan of Destiny raids so I really want something similar and I have a feeling that the trials in Warframe are like that. So I'm quite excited to play them.

MR 14 or Frame level? there are currently two raids which requires cooperation and certain frames with specifics builds to make the raid a cake walk.

Thanks for sharing. I have a good amount of plat and I was hoping to just buy Loki Prime and farm my other frames. Is there an easy way to find a seller or do I just go and stalk the Bazaar?

warframe.market will help put you in touch with sellers. Look for people with (PS4) next to their names.

I think it's frame level

Your frame would probably get instant killed on the raid, enemies are like 70-90 level.

There are several weapons and quests being locked on Mastery levels , Excalibur have good CC but you need a team with diverse frames who can CC enemies if your aim is to do at least the first raid, the second raid requires Archwins to fly on space and high durable Frames.

Dont forget to join an Alliance to get help and have fun with other players

frizby

After having not played for awhile, it's impressive how much the gameplay has improved. I'm also appreciative that my prime stuff is still valid in the game lol I was worried all my gear would be useless after a couple years, but they've done a good job keeping stuff relevant while adding stuff I want to unlock.

I'm impressed.

I was booted for the same reason, if you get a moment to add me back in, I'd appreciate it :D Same PS4 name as here.

Welcome back!!!

Inv sent.

I've just reinstalled this to redeem the Frost Prime, and I have a quick question.
When I go to the arsenal, all of the frames seem to be on sale for around 120 of the currency that you can buy with real money, and I have 250. If I buy one from there, does that mean I can play as it instantly, or do I still need to farm parts?

If I can play as it instantly, what would be a cool frame to use a bow and arrow with, and what would be a good bow and arrow be to buy?

I'm not really familiar with the different frames you can choose. I picked Mag, but I don't really like it's abilities. I think there was one called Mirage maybe, but that's all I remember.

VariantX

I've just reinstalled this to redeem the Frost Prime, and I have a quick question.
When I go to the arsenal, all of the frames seem to be on sale for around 120 of the currency that you can buy with real money, and I have 250. If I buy one from there, does that mean I can play as it instantly, or do I still need to farm parts?

If I can play as it instantly, what would be a cool frame to use a bow and arrow with, and what would be a good bow and arrow be to buy?

I'm not really familiar with the different frames you can choose. I picked Mag, but I don't really like it's abilities. I think there was one called Mirage maybe, but that's all I remember.

Yeah, Mag is not good for the early game, she's barely passable for the mid game and she certainly doesn't work for the end game. Paying platinum means owning it instantly, and it comes with a prominent reactor pre installed to raise mod capacity 60. You also get a inventory slot free as well so if you wanted to get rid of it for any reason you'd have a slot to put another frame in.

As far as bows go, the best bet is the paris early on, does piercing damage which helps against armored type enemies in the early game as you're not guaranteed to get the elemental damage mods needed to hurt them better. Ivara might be a good choice as she has an absurdly high energy pool, extremely useful abilities that allow her to get in and out of trouble fast, an ability that allows her to remotely control the flight of any weapon that isn't hitscan (arrows of course). People some times buy her because they hate doing the spy missions get her parts.

Yeah, Mag is not good for the early game, she's barely passable for the mid game and she certainly doesn't work for the end game. Paying platinum means owning it instantly, and it comes with a prominent reactor pre installed to raise mod capacity 60. You also get a inventory slot free as well so if you wanted to get rid of it for any reason you'd have a slot to put another frame in.

As far as bows go, the best bet is the paris early on, does piercing damage which helps against armored type enemies in the early game as you're not guaranteed to get the elemental damage mods needed to hurt them better. Ivara might be a good choice as she has an absurdly high energy pool, extremely useful abilities that allow her to get in and out of trouble fast, an ability that allows her to remotely control the flight of any weapon that isn't hitscan (arrows of course). People some times buy her because they hate doing the spy missions get her parts.

Alright, thanks.

The reason I dropped the game was the fact that Mag wasn't fun to play, so the grind to get other ones wasn't fun. I don't mind grinding if I have something fun to play as.

Ivara sounds pretty cool. Especially the bow stuff mixed with abilities that allow for getting in and out of the action. I just checked her design, and she looks cool too, which is a plus.

VariantX

Alright, thanks.

The reason I dropped the game was the fact that Mag wasn't fun to play, so the grind to get other ones wasn't fun. I don't mind grinding if I have something fun to play as.

Ivara sounds pretty cool. Especially the bow stuff mixed with abilities that allow for getting in and out of the action. I just checked her design, and she looks cool too, which is a plus.

You should be able to get your hands on Rhino just from farming jackal on Venus pretty quickly and he Is an infinitely better frame for you in tye early game since he has far more survivability, a damage boosting group support skill, and a CC move that actually works. You'll eventually get access to Oberon through killing eximus units which can appear anywhere, and hes actually a very good frame now.

You should be able to get your hands on Rhino just from farming jackal on Venus pretty quickly and he Is an infinitely better frame for you in tye early game since he has far more survivability, a damage boosting group support skill, and a CC move that actually works. You'll eventually get access to Oberon through killing eximus units which can appear anywhere, and hes actually a very good frame now.

Thanks for your help.
I'll still buy Ivara while she's on sale, but I'll go for Rhino farming too.

Dunlop

Been away for a little while and want to level up a new Warframe. I got a -50% for the store.

Are there any worth buying that do not have a prime equivalent? I have Nidus

Mesa?

VandalD

Been away for a little while and want to level up a new Warframe. I got a -50% for the store.

Are there any worth buying that do not have a prime equivalent? I have Nidus

Mesa?
Mesa is still pretty painful to farm, and she can be very powerful. She'd be a good buy if you think you'd be into her.

I wish they'd let you craft a way to pull out the forma/reactors you put into frames. Because if it's one thing I hate it's investing time and resources into something I am going to dump in the future. Meaning there's currently a dozen or so frames I don't use that don't have reactors in them because their prime upgrades aren't out.

I wish they'd let you craft a way to pull out the forma/reactors you put into frames. Because if it's one thing I hate it's investing time and resources into something I am going to dump in the future. Meaning there's currently a dozen or so frames I don't use that don't have reactors in them because their prime upgrades aren't out.

Check this out.

It'll give you a rough idea of who's up next to be primed. Looks like they skipped Zephyr lol. Put your reactors into anything beyond mirage/limbo releases because those primes won't be out this year.

Here's a user's guessing at how Prime releases work. So I'd guess Zephyr and Mirage prime will be next.

Yeah I've seen that, I'm just stubborn, even if something is years away. And I think they skipped Zephyr because they have some weird idea that sticking to Male-Male-Female order or something makes sense.

Speaking of Primes, I don't understand how they're going to balance them with Umbras going forward.

Anybody else pick up the Warframe digital soundtrack?

Some personal favorites:

Corrupted (The Void)
Wings of War (Archwing)

And of course, This is What You Are (Second Dream).

Threw these puppies into a custom playlist I use for action games, along with select tracks from Halo, God of War, Spartacus and Destiny that I like to call 'Titan'. Its probably the geekiest thing I do, but man does it work well with some games ;p

Its me or the This is what you are sounds better on the ending of the war within

Random mention
Destiny have like two tracks worth to be on my farming playlist on warframe.

Speaking of Primes, I don't understand how they're going to balance them with Umbras going forward.

ha, balance, that's funny

A lot of people hope they'll just be alternative, sort-of-skins, for Prime frames. They could be their own separate Warframe entity but would have the same stats as Primes, or literally alternate premium skins.

There are others who hope this is just Excalibur and considering having a Prime and Umbra access would make things even worse of a mess, I'm inclined to believe that idea at the present moment.

VandalD

Really not interested in seeing an entire new frame variant for everything. I expect Excalibur Umbra to be its own unique thing, heavily tied into Stalker. But yeah, we'll see.

Stalker is Excal Umbra, there's a fun idea I've bounced around. Disillusioned with Harrow, Stalker somehow tracks down his operator to use pure void energy to purge the warframe of the sentient enhancements. Or he still hates what he represents so he murderizes his operator, but the consciousness still lives on in the Warframe--pc version spoilers
we've seen this already happen with the Harrow Quest actually...

ha, balance, that's funny

A lot of people hope they'll just be alternative, sort-of-skins, for Prime frames. They could be their own separate Warframe entity but would have the same stats as Primes, or literally alternate premium skins.

There are others who hope this is just Excalibur and considering having a Prime and Umbra access would make things even worse of a mess, I'm inclined to believe that idea at the present moment.

DE had a decent oportunity with Valkyr and the original Valkyr on prime Valkyr to test a variant frame of the original frame.

I hope, in the future, DE tries to modify premium skin abilities to be thematically fit the skin.

Stalker is Excal Umbra, there's a fun idea I've bounced around. Disillusioned with Harrow, Stalker somehow tracks down his operator to use pure void energy to purge the warframe of the sentient enhancements. Or he still hates what he represents so he murderizes his operator, but the consciousness still lives on in the Warframe--pc version spoilers
we've seen this already happen with the Harrow Quest actually...

I liked the idea of Stalker being a fused of several warframe abilities tied to Excalibur since he was the first. Hunhow's Stalker is more mmm.....flashy.

Stalker was shocked to see he doesnt remember to be an Operator , maybe he still havent found him yet

For those that do not play as often is it common for people only to focus on one frame and not level multiple at once?

Also who is in charge of sending out clan invites for GAF members? I would like to join.

I'd say it's most common to focus on maxing one frame out before moving on to another one. There's almost no benefit to trying to spread out leveling them, especially when powers and stats are linked to the level of your Warframes.

For those that do not play as often is it common for people only to focus on one frame and not level multiple at once?
I usually have one frame thats my default for a time. For kicks and to level up. Usually like to start a new unranked warframe with a new unranked primary, secondary and melee to keep things interesting. That also means some setup time before running that new frame - to hunt down parts and craft that primary, secondary and melee, so the 72 hour wait is no big deal.

But as rewarding alerts hit, or the need to get a particular component comes up, I'll swap to a different frame depending upon what I'm after. Nekros for survival missions, Frost for defense, Limbo for spy missions, Volt for captures, Rhino for infested missions, etc. and Nyx is my main for whatever - she just kicks too much ass and her powers scale well.

Luckily the game now provides named loadouts for frames and their gear - and you unlock more loadouts as you gain mastery ranks. So I've got most of my go-to frames geared up and ready to go just a few button presses away. I keep one loadout free for my newest frame, or the one I'm leveling up.

VariantX

Also who is in charge of sending out clan invites for GAF members? I would like to join.

It's better to max out a frame so you have the full range of its abilities unlocked and the maximum amount of mod points. When you start doing sorties, you have to have a level 30(Max level) frame in order to participate. You also get mastery experience, which will help you raise you MR that grants you benefits and privileges like more trades per day, a higher maximum number of void traces for refining relics, access to more weapons that you can equip/build, and a higher starting number of mod points on new/forma'd equipment.

Top Bottom