• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

So, if I'm reading the warframe wiki right, I see rhino prime is accessible again? If that's the case, would anyone be up for helping me get some of the remaining pieces I need at some point in the next couple days? I need the blueprint and one of the parts (I waaaaant to say chassis, but I can't remember and I'm not at home at present to check). From what I gather, I just need to farm certain void fissures, I think?

Briarios

Alright, I got my Soma Prime baking right now, and I've almost got all the parts for several different prime warframes ... So, what activities should I undertake to help the clan? I know what I need to do for my account, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what actions help the clan and dojo.

VandalD

Alright, I got my Soma Prime baking right now, and I've almost got all the parts for several different prime warframes ... So, what activities should I undertake to help the clan? I know what I need to do for my account, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what actions help the clan and dojo.
For established clans there's really not anything you can do to directly contribute to them. When new weapons come out that require dojo research, you could dump some resources into researching them if the veterans don't immediately fulfill the requirements. As it is now, the best thing you can do for your clan is to just be around and playing when special events are going on, like the Ambulas event most recently. I assume you're in the GAF clan. But if you're in a newer clan, helping them get research projects done by giving resources is the main way to help.

Briarios

For established clans there's really not anything you can do to directly contribute to them. When new weapons come out that require dojo research, you could dump some resources into researching them if the veterans don't immediately fulfill the requirements. As it is now, the best thing you can do for your clan is to just be around and playing when special events are going on, like the Ambulas event most recently.

Yeah, I remember running around and turning in a lot of resources when the game first started ... But I was looking around the dojo and couldn't really find anything to contribute

So I have the Frost frame blueprint listed but I dont have any of the individual components listed. So is there a blueprint for the suit, then also for all the individual parts? Are these random loot drops as well?

Also I currently have a Rhino helmet that I can build but can you mix and match warframes? I dont want to spend the resources if I cant even use it.

VandalD

So I have the Frost frame blueprint listed but I dont have any of the individual components listed. So is there a blueprint for the suit, then also for all the individual parts? Are these random loot drops as well?

Also I currently have a Rhino helmet that I can build but can you mix and match warframes? I dont want to spend the resources if I cant even use it.
To build any warframe, you need the frame's blueprint itself, and you need the neuroptics, the chassis, and the systems for it. Prime frames require you to farm the blueprints and build those pieces. Regular frames tend to have you just find those pieces in various ways.

The different helmets are only for the frame it belongs to. So no putting a Rhino Vanguard helmet on a Mag.

So after a rather large amount of time I decided to jump in fully. Man, I don't know why this game didn't click for me originally, but it sure as hell did now. I actually spent real money (because platinum was on sale) to get Octavia.

I'm still a pretty serious noob, only mastery rank 3, but does anyone have any tips on good frames to work towards early on?

(also the Archwing gameplay is super fun.)

Briarios

So after a rather large amount of time I decided to jump in fully. Man, I don't know why this game didn't click for me originally, but it sure as hell did now. I actually spent real money (because platinum was on sale) to get Octavia.

I'm still a pretty serious noob, only mastery rank 3, but does anyone have any tips on good frames to work towards early on?

The game is very different than when it first launched. I played a ton at the beginning, but kinda dropped out for awhile. Pretty much everything is better now.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

probably because everything feels better now. the movement, the weapons, the warframes etc...

To build any warframe, you need the frame's blueprint itself, and you need the neuroptics, the chassis, and the systems for it. Prime frames require you to farm the blueprints and build those pieces. Regular frames tend to have you just find those pieces in various ways.

The different helmets are only for the frame it belongs to. So no putting a Rhino Vanguard helmet on a Mag.

Gotcha, so is there any real way of tracking where to pick up the neuroptics, chasis, and systems? Or is it all random loot drops?

VandalD

For frames, pretty much just work towards building what the game gives you blueprints or parts for. If you have a quest, do it, it might give you a frame blueprint. If you beat an assassination mission and it drops a frame part (neuroptics, chassis, systems), maybe repeat that assassination until you get all three parts for that frame and buy the blueprint for the frame itself on the market with credits.

For weapons, you'll have to be a bit more proactive. Completing junctions does give you some weapons, but the majority are just sitting in the market, or in the clan dojo, waiting for you to buy the blueprints and just build them.

Also going to throw in here that if you sell a frame that is a reward from a quest, you can not craft it again yourself. You will have to buy it with platinum if you want it back.

Rafy

OK, so I got back into the game a few weeks ago after not having played for a long time. The way to get prime parts is so much better than before.

Anyway, I remember there was a GAF clan for PC, and I was wondering if it's still active.

Hellers

So after trying and trying but failing to get a serration mod drop I caved and paid 10pl for it in trade.

Literally three missions later it dropped. I think RNG hates me :)

Flipyap

I've been poopsocking this pretty hard since the Plains of Eidolon announcement. Almost can't believe that Warframe is actually turning into the thing I hoped Destiny would be... and it's already quite a bit more. It's bonkers how far the game has come since it last got its hooks in me (way back when before the PS4 launch).

I guess that means I could use a clan invite. Pretty please?
PSN ID: Flipyap

Looks like the Harrow update is gona go Cert tomorrow.

Hmm, guess clan members should start to stockpile mats for dojo research for:
Scourge
which is the better of the two new weapons coming in the Chains of Harrow (I mean Knell is interesting but seems to really only be useful for a Harrow as you need to lock enemies in place...plus its blueprint is bought from the market).

Knell has the same problem the Dual Toxocyst did in that headshots are very unreliable when playing with a group. Unfortunately the Knell also only has one shot before you have to reload. On the plus side, once you get the buff it's very easy to keep it refreshed and going against a group.

The Scourge, on the other hand, is so good. Keep in mind that when you throw it, it'll "pulse" the energy that makes the headshot magnets appear for a few seconds. It's not like the Ferrox where the effect is constant within its area. Also keep in mind that unlike the Javelok and Ferrox, the Scourge is an automatic weapon. That really threw me when I first got it. As a gun it's extremely good and always (or nearly so) procs Corrosive regardless of equipped status chance.

Knell has the same problem the Dual Toxocyst did in that headshots are very unreliable when playing with a group. Unfortunately the Knell also only has one shot before you have to reload. On the plus side, once you get the buff it's very easy to keep it refreshed and going against a group.

The Scourge, on the other hand, is so good. Keep in mind that when you throw it, it'll "pulse" the energy that makes the headshot magnets appear for a few seconds. It's not like the Ferrox where the effect is constant within its area. Also keep in mind that unlike the Javelok and Ferrox, the Scourge is an automatic weapon. That really threw me when I first got it. As a gun it's extremely good and always (or nearly so) procs Corrosive regardless of equipped status chance.

"In a group" is one of my concerns with Harrow's kit as it seems based more around coordinate team rather than getting into games like me while I am affinity farming/leveling and using resonating quake banshee. Still super excited about him as I think he is pretty cool overall, just wish they at least let some of what your squad did contribute (like instead of the energy per kill your kills would provide, squad members produce 1/4 of that or something).

Freeman76

I have played about 30 hours on this now which for a free game is pretty good! I went to buy some platinum but couldnt really find much to spend it on so I didnt bother, kinda refreshing after playing so much BDO where they want to charge you for everything lol

frizby

I guess that means I could use a clan invite. Pretty please?
PSN ID: Flipyap

Invite sent. Welcome!

Can I get an invite? Thanks

PSNID Akumazetto

You're still in a clan. I can't invite until you're clear. Options > Communication > Clan > Click name.

The clan is getting pretty packed with all the renewed interest this week. I try to always give deference to actual Gaffers, and I'll continue to clear space, but I'll just put out a reminder to keep logging in if you don't want to get kicked. And if you do get kicked, it's no big deal. We're always happy to reinvite when you pick the game back up. All clan members can invite to the clan.

Void trader is here this weekend. Highlights are the slash mod set, Primed Heated Charge, and a couple of prisma weapons.

Freeman76

Invite sent. Welcome!

You're still in a clan. I can't invite until you're clear. Options > Communication > Clan > Click name.

The clan is getting pretty packed with all the renewed interest this week. I try to always give deference to actual Gaffers, and I'll continue to clear space, but I'll just put out a reminder to keep logging in if you don't want to get kicked. And if you do get kicked, it's no big deal. We're always happy to reinvite when you pick the game back up. All clan members can invite to the clan.

Void trader is here this weekend. Highlights are the slash mod set, Primed Heated Charge, and a couple of prisma weapons.

Can you inv me pls?

Freeman_o0o

KaidoRacer7

Invite sent. Welcome!

yeah... just remembered now that I made a clan to build a dojo (I think). If I leave, I'm going to lose everything that I spent on this, right?

Jesus Christ did the Trump cabinet start playing tonight? Three fissure excavation in a row people went to the extract after 1 excavator. And then the next two people kept leaving one excavator to go get another resulting in nobody getting enough reactant. Spent about 30 minutes to get a whopping two relic. I could have done more solo...

Jesus Christ did the Trump cabinet start playing tonight? Three fissure excavation in a row people went to the extract after 1 excavator. And then the next two people kept leaving one excavator to go get another resulting in nobody getting enough reactant. Spent about 30 minutes to get a whopping two relic. I could have done more solo...

God had mercy of your soul to not see Excavation Sorties with 3k Cryotic extrac

BigAl1992

Yup. It's happened to me a lot more than I care to count. It's gotten to the point that for some of the lower excavations, when I'm using a fresh Warframe or set of weapons with a lvl 30 frame, I just go solo to get the cryotic I want.

Been seeing this a lot lately myself. Also people who ditch out on Defense and Survival after 5 minutes.

Luckily I have gotten better at soloing this stuff.

And holy shit at Octavia. Max duration and buff strength and range and read a book while the enemies die all around you from either mallet+discoball or mallet+amp. I guess thats why they always show her dancing - she's got the time.

4 Axi H2's cracked: 2x Trinity and 2x Oberon Chassis. Wanted a Trinity and Lex Receiver so I can get to the next faction ranks...now to find where to farm those relics...Also the Axi V5 (still need that Braton Prime receiver so I can build that gun).

Freeman76

Not that i should be shocked since the general culture of online gamers is all for self and fuck the next man, but often this game has ppl who take that to the next level.

And holy shit at Octavia. Max duration and buff strength and range and read a book while the enemies die all around you from either mallet+discoball or mallet+amp. I guess thats why they always show her dancing - she's got the time.

Raptors were a pain in the ass one time. now they nuke themselves.

ShinMaruku

What's the safest way to solo your way to the Natah quest, I am doing the exterminate mission solo but sometimes my valkyr runs out of steam.. :(

Cracklox

All these new joiners mean I'm getting (already been?) kicked I bet. I've been getting that itch to jump back in though and will be back sooner then later

Yup. It's happened to me a lot more than I care to count. It's gotten to the point that for some of the lower excavations, when I'm using a fresh Warframe or set of weapons with a lvl 30 frame, I just go solo to get the cryotic I want.

Been seeing this a lot lately myself. Also people who ditch out on Defense and Survival after 5 minutes.

Luckily I have gotten better at soloing this stuff.

Ha. Speaking of. That sort of stuff was taking away a good amount of enjoyment when I last played and was probably as big a reason for taking a break as any. I'm pretty sure I had a rant or two about it a few pages back too.

Nice to see it's gotten no better

frizby

All these new joiners mean I'm getting (already been?) kicked I bet. I've been getting that itch to jump back in though and will be back sooner then later

Ha. Speaking of. That sort of stuff was taking away a good amount of enjoyment when I last played and was probably as big a reason for taking a break as any. I'm pretty sure I had a rant or two about it a few pages back too.

Nice to see it's gotten no better

Randoms are gonna random.

Yeah, kicked you a while back. If you're gonna hop in for a bit, doing it while rhino and mag are out would be a good idea.

Hellers

Could someone explain grenade launchers to me please? 80+% of the time I take aim, hit a mob square in the chest and rather than explode the grenade just bounces off. It's making levelling my Tonkor a total ballache.

Why do they bounce off so often? I had slightly more luck aiming at their feet but even that doesn't seem consistent.

Top Bottom