• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"You're a WHAT!?" Nier Gestalt|Replicant |OT|

BlazingDarkness said:
Who is the composer(s)???

It's in the OP...

Mejilan said:
That's a really nice OP.
But for those of us that haven't been following, why exactly are there two games if the West is only getting one? What's the deal with that? ARE they in fact different, or is it just a branding thing? Really been keeping myself in the dark about Nier(s).

Added info to the OP as well.

News on the embargo for Euro reviews

The original date for the embargo to be lifted was tomorrow, 21st April 2010 but is now on hold and will be confirmed tomorrow morning either as-is on the 21st or after release 23rd April.

..well, that does not fill me with hope for the games quality. It seem SE dont even know how reviewers will react :/

Keyser Soze said:
News on the embargo for Euro reviews

..well, that does not fill me with hope for the games quality. It seem SE dont even know how reviewers will react :/

I don't think anyone expects this game to get good reviews.

Ridley327 said:
They're mentioned in the op in the achievement section, but there's a total of
four. Ending D is the one that nukes your save files.

that is fucked up and not in a cool way either.

microsoft nor sony should allow devs to do stupid shit like that.

Goldrusher

Adam Blade said:
e8vgoo.png

xarz1f.jpg
9kzgr6.jpg
61jut9gKTaL._SL288_.jpg
51VoPdSC0CL._SL288_.jpg
Fixed.

PS3 and 360 box arts share an almost identical width, not height.

simtmb

WickedLaharl said:
that is fucked up and not in a cool way either.

microsoft nor sony should allow devs to do stupid shit like that.

Yeah...what the hell.

First i lol'd, then thought of the many friends that go for straight 100%'ng games
and would keep their save-files to later revisit the game
(not spoiler, but related to the reveal discussed). But really...wow.

I'm interested in the game merely for the lols and i had plenty with Drakengard, but as a game, and something that costs $, and everything else related to it, seeing such a title coming out, i actually hate it :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
On the one hand, I regret reading that ending spoiler. On the other, that is nothing but awesome.

MechaX

RevenantKioku said:
On the one hand, I regret reading that ending spoiler. On the other, that is nothing but awesome.

... That sounds awesome on paper,
not so much when it causes a new record in trade-ins.

Ricker

Holy crap guys...enough talk about end game stuff,the game isn`t even out yet and it`s getting close to major spoiler slip time hehe....I`m out of here,in case I get this one for now. :lol

Oh man the spoiler makes me want the game even more now. I was saving my pennies for 3D Game Heroes but...

Whats its called when you get off on being abused? I might have the gamer equivalent now :lol

HamPster PamPster said:
Oh man the spoiler makes me want the game even more now. I was saving my pennies for 3D Game Heroes but...

Whats its called when you get off on being abused? I might have the gamer equivalent now :lol

SMT fan?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
MechaX said:
... That sounds awesome on paper,
not so much when it causes a new record in trade-ins.
Hey, if this is the way I get it for ¥1980 next week, so be it!

Kyoufu

Nier's gameplay looks far more fun and interesting than any other JRPG I've had the misfortune of playing this generation. I'll be buying this.

Geneijin

You two are trying to make my wait harder, aren't you?

Also, to anyone else who tried to go through the Nier threads for the vocalist's name, here you go.

A thanks to Sacha for that info.

I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Playing on hard and the combat really does keep you on your toes. Voice acting is surprisingly good as well. Some of the environments are quite striking.

And yeah, the soundtrack is possibly one of my favourites ever. The vocal tracks are beautiful.

Ridley327

The game officially comes out in Europe on Friday, so there's likely to be some early copies. The game is street-dated at a few retailers in NA, so you might luck out this weekend.

I'm in the UK and have the PS3 version (pre-order was sent a day early). It seems fine to me from a technical standpoint, but obviously I have no idea how it compares to the 360 version. Framerate dips when there's lots of effects going on but I've seen that in pretty much every video I've watched. No screen tearing at all.

I am currently fishing =D

Sacha

Jigsaw said:
hm im just wondering,anyone knows how this scene (where kaine kicks nier) will look like with barbarian nier?if its the same animation it would look a bit ridiculous

Don't worry, she can do it. :D

Edit : For the record, Keiichi Okabe didn't compose the soundtrack alone. He's the main composer, but he got help from Kakeru Ishihama and Keigo Hoashi (composers from his studio MoNACA) and some guy named Takafumi Nishimura of whom we know nothing about.

xMk2x

Banned
image-71AB_4BCCFE2A.jpg

This enemy looks pretty badass. Kind of reminds me of Area 4's boss in Rez. I don't know how I could explain this game to my girlfriend, however.

Larsen B

The Eurogamer review has me interested.

Nier opens in a frozen, post-apocalyptic world, as an unnamed, grey-haired dad picks up a piece of debris to fend off the bizarre creatures threatening his daughter Yonah. It plays like an ultra-simplistic hack and slash, with seemingly endless waves of foes coming into being as our hero levels up every few swipes, unleashing powerful magic attacks alongside regular melee blows.

A few laborious fetch-quests and a couple of large enemies later, and it appears we're in Monster Hunter territory for a while, until the game eventually settles into a rhythm of puzzle and combat-led dungeons and myriad minor side-quests that for the most part feels very Zelda.

By two-thirds of the way through this twisted tale, you'll have experienced a bullet-hell boss, a rail-shooter sequence in a mine cart, and a fixed-camera exploration of a creepy, monochromatic mansion that screams Resident Evil.

Seems like the thread's title could be directed at the game itself. Doesn't sound like it knows what it wants to be but what it is sounds different.

Naeblish

Larsen B said:
The Eurogamer review has me interested.

Seems like the thread's title could be directed at the game itself. Doesn't sound like it knows what it wants to be but what it is sounds different.
It reads like it's the kind of game that screams mediocre all over it, but which i would still enjoy the hell out of, much more then most AAA title's. I'll just wait for a price drop or some positive user reviews.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ridley327 said:
We got our strategy guides in for the game today and I took a casual glance at the requirements for the endings and one of them is the most evil thing ever just for the fact that it
erases your save file after viewing it.
(not a story related spoiler, but one that could count as a surprise)

I expect the contents of that ending to be even more insane than Drakengard's Ending E. :lol :lol :lol

Wow. That's fucking stupid.

hamchan

Ridley327 said:
We got our strategy guides in for the game today and I took a casual glance at the requirements for the endings and one of them is the most evil thing ever just for the fact that it
erases your save file after viewing it.
(not a story related spoiler, but one that could count as a surprise)

I expect the contents of that ending to be even more insane than Drakengard's Ending E. :lol :lol :lol

Wow that's very messed up.

Top Bottom