• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Xbox to be named 'Xbox Fusion' according to domain names

itsgreen

Yeah, seems it is very old.

Domain Name: xboxfusion.com
Created on..............: Sun, Feb 08, 2004
Expires on..............: Sat, Feb 08, 2014
Record last updated on..: Tue, Feb 05, 2013

Just reposting this, There is hardly any basis to suspect it's named Fusion. Except for the fact that MS owns the domain, but it isn't a recent acquisition at all.

McHuj

I could have sworn there was a thread about this fusion name 2-3 years ago.

But it's a name that kind of fits if they're trying to consolidate all the entertainment devices and they picked the name long ago.

Majanew

Banned
So with the two newest threads on the possible name of the next Xbox... it's down to Xbox Fusion or Xbox Infinite? I prefer the latter. Infinite entertainment. Infinite possibilities.

Xbox Fusion. We fused your Xbawks console to yer cable bawks. Lame.

Edit: Or not. I say it's Xbox Infinite, then. I'll believe the Sonic rumor guy over an old domain.

itsgreen

So with the two newest threads on the possible name of the next Xbox... it's down to Xbox Fusion or Xbox Infinite? I prefer the latter. Infinite entertainment. Infinite possibilities.

Xbox Fusion. We fused your Xbawks console to yer cable bawks. Lame.

Edit: Or not. I say it's Xbox Infinite, then. I'll believe the Sonic rumor guy over an old domain.

I say it probably is neither. Xbox by itself is a likely candidate imo. But that could give problems when people are in the store. (Contrary to iPad the wrong Xbox won't play your 360 game).

Don't forget that nobody saw the 360 name coming.

Microsoft is trying to build a brand so elegant that appeals to every consumer, like Apple. "Xbox Fusion" sounds like the opposite of that, because Xbox alone is such a childish name for a console, let alone Fusion.

miksar

I remember how everyone criticized Microsoft's decision to call Project Natal Kinect, saying it would never sell with that name. Well, joke was on them.

Melchiah

Sorry for going off-topic, but this caught my eye.

Domain investor Andy Booth

So he makes his living by buying domains, that corporations (or artists) would want to use, and then sells them? If so, that's a despicable way to make money. Domain swindler would be a better title.

Ricker

The only thing it has is that it's pronounced the same or very close to it in French,English,probably Spanish also etc etc...but I don't think that's going to be it...personally I like Infinity better...

QJglrN8.gif
if old

Source (Fusible)

Two APUs fused together? Dual APU confirmed? Sauce redeemed?

ketchup-bottle-explosion.gif

I kinda like it. It's fusion because they are fusing 2 CPUs and five mega gpus all connected through the process of fusion to 100 Gbps stacked and fused ddr3.

Interfectum

Xbox Fusion makes the most since for this new console.

"Xbox 360 revolved around you. It delivered to you what you wanted, when you wanted, how you wanted. Now... Xbox Fusion takes all your entertainment needs, be it music, television, movies or games to the next level and fuses it into one fantastic package powered by Kinect."

BTW, if they say anything like that, someone send me a free Steam game.

Green Yoshi

I actually liked the name XBox Infinite. I am not too fond of this fusion name. It does lend itself to further confirmation of Microsoft's dual approach this generation: Gaming and Entertainment.

Come on May 21

BraXzy

Sounds like it might be the name of their BC solution. Plugging in the new old xbox to the new new xbox to play old xbox games on your new xbox.

I was thinking something along these lines, or some other important feature.. Definately doesn't sound like the actual name.

Raven77

This makes perfect sense considering that the systems (based on rumors) seems to be a "FUSION" of different entertainment segments. Games, movies, apps, etc.

What sort of spoiler will Sony hijack the Launch with, if any?

Will they let MS have their moment in order to save everything for E3?

Maybe a partial reveal of the PS4 design a couple of days before?

bj00rn_

Banned
Microsoft is trying to build a brand so elegant that appeals to every consumer, like Apple. "Xbox Fusion" sounds like the opposite of that, because Xbox alone is such a childish name for a console, let alone Fusion.

It doesn't matter. Post "Wii" it's all redundant *

* Except of course the confusion created by putting a tablet on the market and selling it under the name Wii.............U

Top Bottom