• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artbooks - The Best And The Worst

toneroni

My backlog in artbooks is like my gaming backlog lol
Just got in Darkstalkers Official Complete Works and Persona 3 Official Design Works from the NYCC 20% off ebay deal.
Anyone getting the SNES or Neo Geo Compendiums from Bitmap?
Kinda bummed Amazon canceled the preorders..

Came to post that the Overwatch art book came out today but it looks like it's already been covered.

It's really nice! But what else do you expect from Blizzard :)

Yeah I love the OW book so much, glad I got the CE, I'll find somewhere nice to put the prints. Hopefully I can start buying the figures soon, waiting on that damn Tracer to come back in stock

Also dammit, I need that Cook and Becker XV book now...

Rated-G

For those of you who got the Audible deal from a few days ago, does anyone know if you can cancel your order and select a different book?

Can anyone help with an invite to resetera or the discord channel?

Picked up The Hip-Hop Covers by Marvel a few days ago. Growing up listening to many of these albums, this book almost feels personal.
f7JxkMT.jpg

gM7pIXj.jpg

u7AE5b2.jpg

Ca8ftMF.jpg

Z7da560.jpg

Ultimadrago

Yeah. looks like the Persona 5 art book is coming out this Friday now if Amazon got their date correct this time. Still listed at about 432 pages (versus Japan's 500+).

hampig

Honestly, as someone who eats sci -fi designs daily, I'd be willing to buy one for you if you want it?? I never regretted buying mine

Not sure if you're still around GAF, but that's super nice of you to offer! I'm at an alright spot financially right now so I might just look into it myself, but thank you. : )

Anyone manage to find any good art books on Black Friday sale? Haven't found any myself but not sure if I've just been looking in the wrong places

Arrowson

Neo Member
The latest pick ups I have gotten are...

The Art and Soul of Blade Runner 2049 (very good behind the scenes book)
The Art of Harry Potter (B&N exclusive) (All art work from the movies and huge)
The Art of Destiny vol. 2 (really nice book and matches the same size as Destiny 1 art book)
The Art of Star Wars The Last Jedi (Nice book that is simliar quality as RO and TFA)

I haven't been buying much this year as I'm trying to be more careful with my money. I do have The Art of God of Warand Art of MGS 1-4 on pre order.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Latest books have mostly been from collector's editions, but I did get the Akira Anniversary boxset which comes with a nice extra book full of behind the scenes making ofs and pages in progress.

Besides that I also have the art book for Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away, The Last Guardian, and Yoshitaka Amano's Sky series for recent pickups.

I highly suggest all of these if you love quality with some excellent behind the scenes interviews/insights.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It may be too early to post this, but if you don't know already there's a huge Metal Gear Solid artbook coming out in June. 800 pages long and it will cover MGS I-IV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506705812/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have it preordered. I really like The World of the Witcher and BioShock Infinite. The Xenogears Perfect Works is one of my favorites. I also grabbed The Sky FF books when they went on sale, but otherwise I wish I had more.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It may be too early to post this, but if you don't know already there's a huge Metal Gear Solid artbook coming out in June. 800 pages long and it will cover MGS I-IV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506705812/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have it preordered. I really like The World of the Witcher and BioShock Infinite. The Xenogears Perfect Works is one of my favorites. I also grabbed The Sky FF books when they went on sale, but otherwise I wish I had more.

Awesome! I have the Zelda Encylopedia LE on preorder already alongside Final Fantasy Ultimania - I may have to put this on order as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Kadayi

Banned
I picked up The Art and soul of Blade Runner 2049 and it's an impressive Tome. Loads of content and it's enormous. If you are remotely a fan I give it a firm thumbs up.

eefara

Does anyone know if there's anyplace I could buy a copy of the The Sexy Brutale artbook? Looks like it was a pre-order only release, but I haven't seen any secondhand copies for sale anywhere. :(

sublimit

Banned
I ordered a couple of days ago Nier Automata's art book so I hope it will be worth it. Also tempted to order the art book of the first Nier but I've heard it's too small and doesn't have much artwork.

The only artbooks I have is MGS 1-3 that was included with the Japanese version of MGS HD collection and MSG2 which was included with the premium edition (PS2 JPN Release)

dragos495

i HIGHLY recommend the new "the art of the god of war" hard cover artbook!

its effin amazing! works of art on any page, concepts that didnt make it into the game could be used to create a whole other game! :)

and its huge, heres a comparison with the collectors hard cover guide:

QGHzZvO.jpg

NovumAngel

Banned
i HIGHLY recommend the new "the art of the god of war" hard cover artbook!

its effin amazing! works of art on any page, concepts that didnt make it into the game could be used to create a whole other game! :)

and its huge, heres a comparison with the collectors hard cover guide:

QGHzZvO.jpg
After playing the game for a few hours I went straight onto amazon to order this, great to hear it's worth the purchase. Should be here sometime this week along with a couple of other ones.

Top Bottom