• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New In-Game Footage of GTA V

Mr. Robot

Wow this scientology spoof is really embarrassing and forced. Can't they afford someone with wit? This was pathetic.

GTA has always spoofed something, from mocking radio stations to racial stereotypes...

I guess that religion is where you draw the line, like that guy that was offended by baptism in Bioshock Infinite.

Looks like it's going to copy GTA IV's absurd level of thematic dissonance. Rockstar writers have always considered themselves 10x wittier than they actually are.

Hehe was it really always this bad? Couldn't manage to play GTA 4 even though I quite enjoyed the missions as it was way too serious and the phone nagging was idiotic, but I liked all 3 GTA3s (especially VC).

GTA has always spoofed something, from mocking radio stations to racial stereotypes...

I guess that religion is where you draw the line, like that guy that was offended by baptism in Bioshock Infinite.

I absolutely *knew* some more-freethinking-than-thou smartass would "misunderstand" the post. I was talking about the writing, that's what's embarrassing. I couldn't give a flying fuck about Scientology or any other religion. The attempt at humour is what's pathetic.

image314.png

Next-Gen port confirmed?

Is that Ryan Braun?

Hehe was it really always this bad? Couldn't manage to play GTA 4 even though I quite enjoyed the missions as it was way too serious and the phone nagging was idiotic, but I liked all 3 GTA3s (especially VC).

GTA generally steered closer to absurdity than PIERCING SATIRICAL WIT, though some of the radio shows in 3/VC/SA grated a bit. It was IV that really ran into this problem due to the new emphasis on "serious" storytelling.

Hyoushi

He's not offended by the subject matter, but by the absense of quality.

Sethos

Banned
Are we now pretending previous GTAs had quality spoofs? They were just as forced and corny which is what made them great. Nostalgia much.

GTA generally steered closer to absurdity than PIERCING SATIRICAL WIT, though some of the radio shows in 3/VC/SA grated a bit. It was IV that really ran into this problem due to the new emphasis on "serious" storytelling.

Hehe ok, although I do remember enjoying the radios (especially in VC) a lot. Anyway, I'm probably just too old for this stuff :-( I don't remember having as much fun with a similar game as I had with VC and I just want to repeat it.

He's not offended by the subject matter, but by the absense of quality.

yep

Are we now pretending previous GTAs had quality spoofs? They were just as forced and corny which is what made them great. Nostalgia much.

Yeah, it's probably just the rose tinted glasses :-D

DesertFox

This. I enjoyed the gameplay of GTAIV, but I think I ended up abandoning the story mode because the relationship maintenance in that game was just exhausting. I do that stuff in real life with my wife, family, and friends. Why would I want to be bothered with it in a video game?

This. I enjoyed the gameplay of GTAIV, but I think I ended up abandoning the story mode because the relationship maintenance in that game was just exhausting. I do that stuff in real life with my wife, family, and friends. Why would I want to be bothered with it in a video game?

Well, you (hopefully) actually get something out of your real-life relationships. In 2060 people will be fetching groceries for their digital waifus and Rockstar will be considered visionaries.

I absolutely *knew* some more-freethinking-than-thou smartass would "misunderstand" the post. I was talking about the writing, that's what's embarrassing. I couldn't give a flying fuck about Scientology or any other religion. The attempt at humour is what's pathetic.

If Bioshock Infinite has taught me anything at all, it's that Neogaf is filled with guys like this:

tumblr_mllsroMWoa1qklvzfo1_500.png

Cool music in the video, though.

Mr. Robot

Well, GTA has never been known for its quality spoofing and before you edited your post and added the radio station part, it could have been interpreted that way... smartass...

antitrop

I live alone, so of course I needed a car that can seat twelve and is equipped to drive across arctic tundra...it just makes me feel better!

The Maibatsu Monstrosity is one of my all time favorite GTA gags.

Scientology spoof aside one thing I noticed about the day/night cycles is that the moon seems to have not only its own orbit but phases. at 2:01 it's a waning crescent. At 2:40 it's in last quarter. I like little touches like this, does it mean we'll get the same effort in GTA V's skybox that was put into Red Dead?

bud23

This is a really, really awful parody of scientology.

Didn't even smile.

If you believe this and turn your hands and wallet over to EPSILONISM, you’ll live a happy life. Otherwise you are doomed - FACT!

You better believe it, user33.

And remember that

Sperm does not exist - it is a lie spread by biology teachers - along with everything else you have ever been told - FACT!

So true.

Minamu

What's funny about number 3? "You are happy, you just don't know it", seems relatively in line with some philosophies (you can't find happiness by buying a car, it comes from the inside, you don't have a void to fill etc).

Mr. Robot

Welcome to GTA.

Really, at this point i just play the story up to a point where i know the new mechanics, and then go crazy and play with the physics of people and the vehicles, the euphoria engine is the only thing that kept me going back to GTA instead of Saints Row.

Persona86

Banned
I think it's not that funny, but I do think there will be characters related to this in the game that will lead to funny events.

Top Bottom