• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New In-Game Footage of GTA V

UrbanRats

He's not offended by the subject matter, but by the absense of quality.

It's alright.
GTA has always been fairly on the nose and that's how the fans like it for the most part.
Whoever seeks incredibly insightful satire shouldn't look for it in GTA, infact, they shouldn't be looking for it in videogames at all.

Besides, if you strip out some of the exaggeration for comedic effect, it's not far away from actual stuff like Scientology.
Have you guys seen their movie with John Travolta?

Wow this scientology spoof is really embarrassing and forced. Can't they afford someone with wit? This was pathetic. It doesn't even reach the quality of the older GTA talk radios.

It's always been that bad (good). It's not like GTA was ever at the forefront of comedic genius. It's always been serviceable without getting to full of itself.

Looks like it's going to copy GTA IV's absurd level of thematic dissonance. Rockstar writers have always considered themselves 10x wittier than they actually are.

Except now the theme of America's gross consumerism combined with our atrocious religious beliefs will actually be involved in the satire of the story, unlike GTA 4 where that shit made no sense in the serious fucking story.

So I can live with the wit.

Fjordson

I've always thought the Epsilon programs thing was pretty funny. Not the funniest thing in the series, but funny.

Wondering who that uppity lookin' dude is :lol maybe the leader that Lazlow interviewed in San Andreas.

Think the water looks surprisingly nice

Shai-Tan

Banned
They must be trolling to lower expectations or the son of someone important was allowed to intern and no one in the company wants to say anything negative so they send it out way ahead of the real pr campaign expecting it to get trashed.

(the GTA IV TV content was pretty good)

image314.png

Next-Gen port confirmed?

What?

If anything that shows it's the 360/PS3 version.

yea i dont think the 360 or PS3 can run that water effect with everything else thats going on in a GTA game happening at the same time.. well maybe at 10fps.

im now betting on cross-gen release.

Vire

Water looks really nice, also amusing video.

Does the music remind anyone else of the ICO save screen?

Lame title... as soon as I realized it was the epsilon junk I was like "oh wtf."

A lot of this is recycled from GTA:SA, too.

GTA humor hasn't really be LOL funny since Vice City.

Man, San Andreas absolutely kills it IMO. The Radio commercials were so great. Not like, top quality comedy, but probably better than any other game.

Why are people offended by this? This same "commandments" have been repeated in every GTa since San Andreas. Really.

http://gta.wikia.com/Epsilon_Program

Who's offended? Epsilon has always been a scientology spoof

Fjordson

GTA humor hasn't really be LOL funny since Vice City.
I don't know, WCTR in SA was pretty funny. Especially WCTR news.

GTA IV had some funny interviews also (and some great commercials).

I just wish they had given Lazlow a more long-form interview show like the PS2 games. Integrity 2.0 was okay in some spots, but overall it wasn't that funny compared to his previous shows.

Top Bottom