• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Shouta

Is this anime worth it if you thought the old series were good, especially the GREED Island arc?

To answer a really old question, if you don't have time. Then you'd be fine without needing to watch up to the end of the Auction arc. That's where the actual run of the old show ended and imo, it still nails the atmosphere better than the new version. However, watch the new show from the end of that (i.e. beginning of Greed Island) as the OVAs for Greed Island were terrible, absolutely terrible.

As far as dodgeball goes, he's definitely way higher than Bisky and Hisoka. For one he's Emission type and that lends itself to dodgeball (or any sport really) far better than any other type. Hisoka as good as he is physically, still relies more on trickery and mind games to achieve his goals, and.. I won't say anything about Bisky.

There are many many other circumstances where Razor couldn't do anything against both of them, but Razor is pretty much maxed out in what he's doing. And with a setup where your team is only as weak as your strongest player, that's how it's gonna happen.

I do wish we saw more of what Bisky could do or if she had more of a role in this game unless they are saving her a big action moment for later this arc.

Raxus

I kind of spoiled myself a bit by reading spoilers on the wiki but all in all I have gone into this arc relatively spoiler free. Can't wait for the conclusion. How many episodes of Greed Island are left?

yami4ct

I kind of spoiled myself a bit by reading spoilers on the wiki but all in all I have gone into this arc relatively spoiler free. Can't wait for the conclusion. How many episodes of Greed Island are left?

Chimera Ant starts April 21 so that gives us 5 episodes left. 1 or 2 of those may be dedicated to a flashback that took place at the beginning in the manga, but I suspect that'll be the beginning of the C. Ant arc.

Shouta

Chimera Ant starts April 21 so that gives us 5 episodes left. 1 or 2 of those may be dedicated to a flashback that took place at the beginning in the manga, but I suspect that'll be the beginning of the C. Ant arc.

Those last 5 will definitely be the end of Greed Island. That flashback will probably be the start of the arc as that event is the jumping off point.

zero_suit

That'll be the first time I will watch the new version of HxH. :)

How many episodes do you think the Chimera Ant arc will last? Show is definitely going to be on hiatus unless Togashi gets off his ass and writes again.

Radec

Woah, 5 episodes left before the Ant arc?

That was fast.

I was hoping it continues with Kuroro meeting the Jounen user.

Ill give the Ant a try I guess.

ZoddGutts

Not long. There's one big arc (ant arc) and a short arc afterwards. So less about a year of anime left. Shame Togashi had stopped, if he had continued after the short arc we would have gotten another big arc for the anime to animate. Doubt they'll do any filler arcs unless they want another Rurouni Kenshin situation, even worse with Togashi not doing shit right now.

Erigu

Not long. There's one big arc (ant arc) and a short arc afterwards. So less about a year of anime left.
It took them 69 episodes to adapt 16 volumes, and there are 32 volumes total so far. Unless they speed things up, it will take them more than a year to catch up.

yami4ct

I think people underestimate how freaking long Chimera Ant is. It's almost as long as the rest of the manga put together. It'll probably take a good 8 months to get through. Still, after the mini-arc afterward I suspect the anime will go on hiatus until Togashi can finish the next major arc. Even if he gets started soon, no way he has it done enough to risk beginning to adapt it.

tumblr_mjwtroDWQw1s71b6do3_500.gif
tumblr_mjwtroDWQw1s71b6do1_500.gif

Great conclusion to the whole thing.
Had been afraid Hisoka would have done nothing, but reflecting it back with his Bungee Gum was quite cool
. So many praises to Killua I want to give, definitely still my favorite and the best performing character always
too bad hes on support and healing mode now.

Cwarrior

Time for Me to catch up before the Ant arc

Hunter x Hunter 62-68

bomber doesn't give a dame,Reggie would be proud.

The thrill of gambling is no joke especially when the stakes are so high.

9 of 10 chances of winning and 1 chances of dieing on the risk dices is a scary thing.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't understand why the song hasn't changed yet. The original had great opening songs.

Were there talks about this extending beyond the GI arc?

You mean continuing after Greed Island? Yes the next arc is starting this month (apr 21), the new ending theme as posted just a few posts up is starting then, and we have the voice casts and visuals and voice talent for characters of the next arc.

upandaway

I don't understand why the song hasn't changed yet. The original had great opening songs.
Yeah it's a bit weird. It's been a bit too long.

The Ant arc would have been a great place to switch considering it's half of the series (then they'd have 2 openings over equal amount of episodes), and it's a hell of a mood shift, but if they skipped that, then it's to the end.

TommyT

You mean continuing after Greed Island? Yes the next arc is starting this month (apr 21), the new ending theme as posted just a few posts up is starting then, and we have the voice casts and visuals and voice talent for characters of the next arc.

Ah ok. I hadn't checked out the link. Good to know!

upandaway

Not particularly, there are some things that happen which are on par with events that have happened previously as far as dark and grim go. Who it happens to is a bit different though.
It definitely goes further than Yorkshin. Off the top of my head:
The centaur with the human dogs, Pitou's brain tinkering, the piles and piles of rotting meat, the general dooms day feel during the whole thing...

Diablos54

I can't to hear YOU CAN SMIIIIIIILE AGAAAAAAAAIN while dudes are getting killed left and right.
Haha the OP really doesn't fit what's coming up at all, I mean, its managed to crawl along past the hunter exam, York Shin, GI and now into the Ant arc? This was the perfect time to change it! Now I don't think we'll ever get a new one.

TommyT

It definitely goes further than Yorkshin. Off the top of my head:
The centaur with the human dogs, Pitou's brain tinkering, the piles and piles of rotting meat, the general dooms day feel during the whole thing...

I was talking about in general with the amount of gore/death we've seen (I'm talking about the manga - I'm still interested in seeing how the handle what's about to happen in the anime).

While there is more of that stuff, to whom it happens, as well as the severity, hits closer to our hearts which makes it a bit more doomy and gloomy.

didn't know this was going to be animated holyfuckballs yessdasdadced!!!!

Top Bottom