• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Soulstar

Capcom just posted the stage image:

55c94822e017e51aacdcaf7a773ea386.jpg

Bought.

I swear to god Capcom if you ruin the stage music I'm going to rage.

MCD250

I like how everyone is resigned to the fact that Chun, who already has a bathing suit costume, is getting another bathing suit costume.

MCD250

Goddammit, I thought I had the Bipson bucks to buy the stage but I'm like 15,000 short. I could wait a couple weeks to save up, but...I want that stage now.

Guess I'm opening my wallet.

Pompadour

Haven’t gone into those MvC sales threads on gaming side yet. Not sure if that’s a good idea...lol

If there's a God, the lesson Capcom will learn from SFV and MvCI is that cinematic story modes aren't worth the money.

Seriously, fuck that shit. Spend it anywhere else.

MrCarter

It's over dude.

Please don’t

It sold what it deserves.

If there's a God, the lesson Capcom will learn from SFV and MvCI is that cinematic story modes aren't worth the money.

Seriously, fuck that shit. Spend it anywhere else.

Oh my word. I knew it would be bad but this sounds like a disaster.

You don't need to, when you have this
xmvsf.png

=D

Best VS game <3

Goddammit, I thought I had the Bipson bucks to buy the stage but I'm like 15,000 short. I could wait a couple weeks to save up, but...I want that stage now.

Guess I'm opening my wallet.

At this rate SFV DLC will be selling more than MvCi

/s

Three Chun-Li costumes. I literally said "god damn" out loud when I saw the news. I mean, I know Chun-Li looks great in V, but god damn. She still looks great though. And while I don't care about all the SF2 nostalgia they keep peddlin', Cammy's stage is one that I actually wanted to come through as it's so scenic. At this rate all they really need to do is add Makoto and V will legit be my favourite Street Fighter, no question.

Anyways, after a complete comedy of errors on my part and a month of buying the necessary wiring and harness, I managed to install a Taeyoung Fanta lever into my stick, and I've pretty much fallen in love with it immediately. I've been taking a bit of a lengthy hiatus from playing but I see myself going back in hard now that I've gotten all my stick tweaking out of the way.

Oh my word. I knew it would be bad but this sounds like a disaster
In the UK, it got outsold by USFII.

Which is a rerelease of a 25 year old game.

Sold for over double the price of the last version of said game.

Released exclusively on a console that had launched only a few months prior.

Said console having severe stock problems.

In a country where said console's manufacturer has very bad luck with sales.

MvCI bombed hard. Say goodbye to MvC for at least 10 years.

Ryce

I don't think MvCI will meet expectations, but UK sales alone don't really tell us anything. MvC has never done well outside of America. MvC3 bombed in Europe and Japan.

jett

D-Member
Between SFV bombing and Mahvel nuclear-bombing, I wonder what a hypothetical Super SFV would do sales-wise. Capcpom might as well just cancel any projects in that regard lol. Shit seems toxic.

I don't think MvCI will meet expectations, but UK sales alone don't really tell us anything. MvC has never done well outside of America. MvC3 bombed in Europe and Japan.

Apparently MvC3 debuted at #2 in the UK. Call of Duty was number one at the time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Handheld consoles has become more popular in those regions nowadays anyway from what I heard.

MrCarter

In the UK, it got outsold by USFII.

Which is a rerelease of a 25 year old game.

Sold for over double the price of the last version of said game.

Released exclusively on a console that had launched only a few months prior.

Said console having severe stock problems.

In a country where said console's manufacturer has very bad luck with sales.

MvCI bombed hard. Say goodbye to MvC for at least 10 years.

I had a peek and...

EarnestBitterAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

They need a relaunch but on a far higher level than SFV.

Cammys stage looks awesome.
If a stage transition is present, I predict it will include crashing into a suit of knights armor - like the samurai armor on Karins stage.

Onemic

We also have steam numbers to show that the game will all but surely bomb here as well. 3.5k peak users is extremely low and 3 times less than SFV's all time peak. Twitch numbers are also abysmal as well.

Everything is pointing to this title pulling much less than SFV did sales wise in the same amount of time. I honestly dont see the game making anywhere near 1 million by the end of capcoms fiscal year. Maybe 500k

Mizerman

Between SFV bombing and Mahvel nuclear-bombing, I wonder what a hypothetical Super SFV would do sales-wise. Capcpom might as well just cancel any projects in that regard lol. Shit seems toxic.

If they could present it as a relaunch of a “new,” more complete product, it'll do better. Improving the online experience, Putting arcade mode and other bells and whistles will calm down most of the casuals and making it a free update for existing owners would not hurt as well.

Syntsui

How does that happen? Isn't there a confirmation screen?
I was playing online as usual and I kept pressing X when the match was over. It turns out the cursor was above the ''announcement/news'' section and while I was browsing on my phone I bought a stage.

It happened two times so... 140k thrown into the garbage. Vega and Ryu stages are atrocious.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I had a peek and...

EarnestBitterAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

They need a relaunch but on a far higher level than SFV.

bless your virgin eyes.

They really need to pull bigger version of SFV Arcade Edition (or SSFV).

Call it Uncanny Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite

• 4 (or 5) X-Men and most requested and 4 (or 5) Fan Favorite Capcom characters
  • More stages
  • Presentation and artstyle being polished (UI, Victory Screen, Models, etc, etc)
  • more single player contents
  • Sell it at 40 dollars.

Bob White

bless your virgin eyes.

• More stages
  • Presentation and artstyle being polished (UI, Victory Screen, Models, etc, etc)
  • Sell it at 40 dollars.

You're forgetting "and release it in February" because that's what capcom would most certainly do.

MrCarter

bless your virgin eyes.

• More stages
  • Sell it at 40 dollars.

That would be good.

Also I’m getting triggered by desperate Nintendo fanboys who think any game released on the platform will magically increase sales by millions. The passive aggressiveness and port begging is hilarious.

Top Bottom