• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soul Catchers 1

This is an odd manga for me to read being someone who is a musician and does believe that music can reach out and touch people in a way like no other. I really like the set up behind the story, but this needed to be an anime not a manga. I get what they're trying to go for with the story though, different types, styles, tempos, and instruments can have different effects on the listener in real life. By having the main character be able to see how people react to the music you could hypothetically change the style of the music in a way to reach those people.

Again this should have been an anime, music isn't something you can simply describe with text on a page it has to be heard. Sadly I feel this will bomb long before it gets far enough along to warrant an anime version but I at least enjoy what it's trying to do.

Stinky

I love how in GTO between major story arcs we cut to the balding Vice-Principal and his family and his life getting succesively worse lol.

Serves ya right ya molester scum.

Soul Catchers 1

This is an odd manga for me to read being someone who is a musician and does believe that music can reach out and touch people in a way like no other. I really like the set up behind the story, but this needed to be an anime not a manga. I get what they're trying to go for with the story though, different types, styles, tempos, and instruments can have different effects on the listener in real life. By having the main character be able to see how people react to the music you could hypothetically change the style of the music in a way to reach those people.

Again this should have been an anime, music isn't something you can simply describe with text on a page it has to be heard. Sadly I feel this will bomb long before it gets far enough along to warrant an anime version but I at least enjoy what it's trying to do.
I thought it was really unique and interesting. Hope it can get a decent run. Sucks to hear that World Trigger is in the bottom five again...

Better then letting it become Wednesday over night and having all kinds of confusion when the old thread hit 400 pages in a matter of seconds
Now imagine if everyone would be really happy with the latest Naruto and Bleach chapters and we'd have very little to discuss.

dramatis

Looking back through the last few pages of OTL I'm kind of upset that I went to watch the thing at a friend's house. One of the people I was with got really excited about the DVR foolishness while I was too busy shiking my head that it was actually referred to as a "home entertainment device" instead of a console.
I think you should keep your avatar. It makes you look plump and healthy instead of stupid and loli.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 02

Man, I am really liking the volume releases a lot more.

This whole lead up to love seems more believable and I am liking the small interactions between MC and Waifu. Not to mention, I like that he's actually future changing here.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The premise of Nisekoi False Love involves the one that has the key to a pendant is his true love.

Pfffft.

GIRL A IS THE TRUE LOVE!

Girl A: "Oh God I lost my key!"

While in another place:

Girl B: "Oh, whose key is this?"

GIRL B IMMEDIATELY TURNS INTO THE TRUE LOVE!

*Misunderstandings for 1000 chapters*

Hating Naruto is my bloodline limit.

I reserve my bloodline limit for stuff like 20th Century Boys and Good Ending and Rage Town.

dramatis

I just love the idea of having "Shame of OTL" and "challenge redacted" follow me around.
Pick your poison:

DDgzchY.jpg
2MB4V0R.jpg
tue53oM.jpg

These were done in a hurry, so if you want it a specific way let me know and I'll bake you one tomorrow.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pfffft.

GIRL A IS THE TRUE LOVE!

While in another place:

"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feeeel toniiiiight. It's hard to leeeet go." *repeat in every fucking game since*

Pfffft.

GIRL A IS THE TRUE LOVE!

While in another place:

I reserve my bloodline limit for stuff like 20th Century Boys and Good Ending and Rage Town.

Still sounds like it'd be better then rage town

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feeeel toniiiiight. It's hard to leeeet go." *repeat in every fucking game since*

Hahaha.

Still sounds like it'd be better then rage town

Being better than bottom of the barrel--wait, scratch that, it's an insult to all barrels in the world--is nothing to be proud of.

But at the very least all the mangakas henceforth post Rage Town will find solace in the fact that no matter how shit their effort are gonna be, there will always be something that they cannot top in terms of terribleness.

Adventures of Sinbad 3-4

Surprised more people aren't checking this out it's really good. It just finished it's "prologue" of baby Sinbad and has skipped ahead 9 years to how old Sinbad was during the prototype.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So, MangaGAF:

If a terrorist pulls out a gun on your head:

"You can only choose Manga or Anime for the rest of your life! NOT TWO OF THEM, JUST ONE! CHOOSE!"

What would your answer gonna be?

One Piece 003

Sugar Rice Balls don't sound so bad. Crap, now I want some popcorn balls.

So, MangaGAF:

"You can only choose Manga or Anime for the rest of your life! NOT TWO OF THEM, JUST ONE! CHOOSE!"

Take a third option: Visual Novels.

So, MangaGAF:

I'll choose death, while I love manga I also love anime and I don't want to live without one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom