• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

kromeo

I wasn't great at zone mode, the colour change made it difficult to recognise the tracks. Always ended up ricocheting off every wall at A+ speed :D

Tizoc

Sony needs to make a 'Buy for $100 get $10 back' offer this May. Lots of good stuff in June and I could use one of these to resub my year of plus :V

Alright! Preordered! WipEout is such a great franchise.

Edit: wow! The preorder theme is dynamic! It's like the menu screen of WipEout HD, but with ships racing on it. The other one is close up of different ships. I love it!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Day 1, just as I was with WipeOut HD, Fury and 2048.

This series never lets me down.

Had no idea it also included Wipeout 2048 as well.

I'd have gone all Russel Crowe if they hadn't, it's the best one.

bombshell

I can confirm that the dynamic theme, visually, is excellent.
My only nitpick being I would've preferred they just use the HD fury title music.

On an aside, we had started developing our own (just for fun because I'm insane and I love wipeout) that no one is gonna get to use (except me). In the process I even came up with a way to do reflection effects on the metal vehicle components. We are leaving the door open if XDEV would like to see something awesome ;) .

https://youtu.be/deX-C_UfuyU

Oh man, that's a sweet dynamic theme. That "CALL US SONY!" texture lol. They never called I guess? :(

Wonko_C

Bit of a bummer it's just a compilation of HD Fury and 2048 instead of mixing both together. I'll still play the hell out of it, though.

Oof, a bit too rich for my blood considering this is mostly just a compilation of games I already played :/

I'll probably pick it up at some point on sale, though. Need me some Wipeout action in my life! It's been too long.

I want the physical copy but I will be playing this so much I may just have to go digital.
I will probably get both like I did when HD was released lol

aw shit, DOUBLE DIP

(assuming the physical version is purchasable in Canada or a reputable import source, I'm looking at you Gravity Rush Remastered)

muteki

I don't remember much about the original games soundtrack, but does this mean the music from the original games has been replaced?

I mean, I guess is says "added" but just curious...

Of course, I immediately commented on the US Blog to PLEASE add in some sort of PSVR support (I'll even pay for an add-on!).

Having tried WipeOut Fusion and F-Zero GX in VR (emulation, of course) was insane and I NEED IT FOR OMEGA COLLECTION

Hopefully the music is good. I loved 2048 but the soundtrack wore thin really fast, other than a couple of the menu themes. Never played HD on ps3 so don't know what the songs were like on that.

deadstar72

Neo Member
Oh man I was not expecting this so soon. This and crash remaster in the same month? This year just keeps getting better and better

count me in..
let's hope there is no performance sheningans..
a less than ROCK STEADY fps performance would be a disgrace for wipeout...

guyssorry

Never played these games but they look great.

Huge fan of kart racers (MK8, CTR, etc.) and F-Zero.

Does this collection come highly recommended? I love the look of the games.

Top Bottom