• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awakening the Nightmare expansion for Halo Wars 2 launches on September 26

Cranster

Banned
Confirmed at Gamescom and is launching the day after the 10th anniversary of Halo 3.

E3 2017 trailer.

Can't wait to witness the return of The Flood in 343i era Halo. More info here but if you are not aware, this includes a new Banished focused campaign, new horde mode, new leaders and more. It is separate however from the season pass and is $19.99 USD

I'll be holding off until the X update for the game to play Awakening but I'm glad we're getting the expansion in the first place. Always nice to see more single player DLC.

karnage10

Banned
this might not be the best place to ask but i was wondering if it is "worth" buying halo wars 2 just for the SP and co-op.
I have the first game for xbox and i really liked but was rather small, however it had a great co-op feature that was a lot of fun.
How would you compare halo wars 2 SP and co-op content when compare to other strategy games like stellaris, starcraft 2 and total warhammer?
[edit] how is the windows store on the PC? does it have too many headaches?

pizzacat

Banned
DBxvUMwXoAAWTs_.jpg
so this had some truth to it?

RdN

Still completely dumbfounded that this isn't included in the fucking ULTIMATE EDITION.

Greedy assholes.

Van Bur3n

Still boggles me mind they would bring back the Flood. Especially in a random spin-off like Halo Wars 2 so that their inevitable appearance in Halo 6 is going to be lost on many (like a lot of stuff in Halo 5 for the majority of people who don't give a shit about Halo's expanded universe).

Feels like everyone, the Covenant races and the UNSC, went through all of that trouble in the original trilogy for nothing.

Zenner

this might not be the best place to ask but i was wondering if it is "worth" buying halo wars 2 just for the SP and co-op.
I have the first game for xbox and i really liked but was rather small, however it had a great co-op feature that was a lot of fun.
How would you compare halo wars 2 SP and co-op content when compare to other strategy games like stellaris, starcraft 2 and total warhammer?
[edit] how is the windows store on the PC? does it have too many headaches?

I bought the Ultimate version when it went on sale for 40 bux, via the Windows Store. It automatically downloaded a copy to my Xbox, as well. I didn't care for the console controls, so I've been playing the PC version most of the time.

The campaign is pretty good, though only ten levels long. It does seem a bit like a tutorial, all the way through, as you are introduced to new elements at each stage right to the end. It's still a fun Single-Player event. I'm down for doing it at a harder level on Co-Op, next.

If you've already played the first Halo Wars, I would not recommend getting the Ultimate version of HW2 - the biggest perk of HW2 is a re-mastered version of the original. Unless you're into re-playing that, I'd go with the regular version of HW2. (And even if you *do* go for Ultimate, wait for a sale - 80 bux MSRP for a Season pass that is pretty much just extra MP Leaders is not good value, for me at any rate. An extra 20 bux for a new expansion, on top of Season pass at full price? GTFO)

There's nothing wrong with the Windows Store. Maybe there was when Win10 was new; I dunno. My PC needs are pretty simple, though; I just want to buy a game, and play it. I'm not into mods or Master PC or all that jazz. Just a fun game, with no hassles.

Rambling here, but if you see Ultimate on sale for 40 bux, grab it; otherwise, regular's fine.

Can't wait for the new SP campaign :D

Falchion

Nice! I have the game and the season pass but have yet to touch it, I really need to catch up so that I can play this.

Top Bottom