• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare Launch Trailer

Theorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D1qiGryB8k

It’s the Halo experience you’ve dreamed of – control entire armies of Marines, Warthogs and Spartans on the battlefield from the Commander’s point of view. The Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition gives you an epic story taking place after the events of Halo 5 and Awakening the Nightmare – the story of Atriox’s Banished forces and their fight against the awakened Flood. Play as 16 different leaders in multiplayer or the new co-op tower defense mode – Terminus Firefight

TripleBee

Those Brutes at the beginning really remind me of Cabal from Destiny - especially Gaul and his buddy from D2. Did they always look so similar ?

Gestault

I love that they had the budget to get all-new Blur cutscenes for the new campaign. Presentation looks excellent here. I'm assuming PC version is getting HDR, same as the console update?

Edit: Eww, eyeball legs at the end.

Is this included in the Ulltimate Edtion of the game?

No, which kind of sucks. It's not included with the Season Pass.

BUT it's got all new cinematics and appears to be a full fledged expansion so.. I dunno.

Still a little salty about that, but whatever.

The Ultimate edition content (HW1 remastered + all the other crap) seems like it was worth it in the end even without this.

m23

BUT it's got all new cinematics and appears to be a full fledged expansion so.. I dunno.

The Ultimate edition content (HW1 remastered + all the other crap) seems like it was worth it in the end even without this.

I feel the same way. Sucks that it's not part of the season pass, but we did get a decent amount of content with it anyway. The price isn't too bad for this expansion either.

I was going to wait on it but...looks like I'm getting it.

Zenner

An earlier PR release (that I cannot find to link now) mentioned the Blur cutscenes as "bookending" the expansion - so not between each level? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Looking forward to more Campaign levels.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
An earlier PR release (that I cannot find to link now) mentioned the Blur cutscenes as "bookending" the expansion - so not between each level? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

To be fair, they were few and far between in the main game.

I think I’m going to have to vote with my wallet on this one. It looks good, but the fact that it’s not in the UE or season pass stinks.

In fact, considering the “single player DLC” that is included in the UE is so limited in scope, I’m inclined to believe that Awakening the Nightmare was indeed meant to be included, but they increased the content somewhat to sell at a premium, and then released those other missions just to fulfill the obligation.

That’s not to say that the UE as it stands isn’t good value, it’s just not what I expected. I don’t feel like I was lied to, but I do feel misled.

Then I'm taking a pass. They still can't even get HW1 on pc to download even though it says I own it. Screw them at this point.

Falchion

Looks really cool but I'm bummed it wasn't included in the season pass. Guess I'll just have to wait for it to go on sale to pick it up.

hwalker84

Considering we got all the advertised content that we bought into with the season pass I'm not sure why people are butthurt? There's no way you can look at the content delivered post launch and say it wasn't worth it? The amount of leaders and new unit's we received is insane.

Top Bottom